Improvements Discussion

Subscribe to Improvements Discussion 692 post(s), 78 voice(s)

April 02, 2013 15:34

116 posts(s)

Gabriel, está tudo muito bom até agora, parabéns.
Porém, ainda tem um probleminha pra você enfrentar.
Acredito que os colegas já mencionaram isso.
Como é que vai fazer com a questão das finanças dos clubes agora?!
Vai continuar da mesma forma?!
Eu pago os pontos, tenho os recursos liberados pela diretoria e no início da temporada seguinte tudo é renovado de acordo com os pontos que paga?
Ou haverá algum novo sistema que vc já está pensando?

April 02, 2013 15:35

116 posts(s)

Google translate:

Gabriel, are all very good so far, congratulations.
However, you still have a little problem for you face.
I believe that my colleagues have mentioned that.
How will you do with the issue of club finances now?!
Will continue in the same way?!
I paid the points, have the resources released by the board and at the beginning of the next season everything is renewed in accordance with the points you paid?
Or is there some new system that you’re already thinking?

April 02, 2013 19:24

609 posts(s)

I guess Gabriel is working on upgrading the scouting there is now to make it more usefull.

April 02, 2013 21:28

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, I am updating the scouting to make it more useful. I didn’t want to spoil the fun but I had to make it clear there would be an alternative way to evaluate players without the estimated values. I’ve created a new topic about the new scouting functionality: http://www.rubysoccer.com/forums/5/topics/2698

April 03, 2013 09:01

639 posts(s)

Donator

So, will the removal of estimated value be undone or not? I think the play currently is unplayable (making it very difficult to see quickly how good your players are), so this is an very important issue for me (not much point in continueing to play otherwise).

April 03, 2013 09:55

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Done..or should I say, undone.

April 03, 2013 13:54

639 posts(s)

Donator

Thanks! Now I can make sense of the players screen again.

April 04, 2013 07:17

828 posts(s)

enjoy it while you can. cos i think est value is full of shit

June 06, 2013 10:31

828 posts(s)

k so are we going to see improvement of this game or no ?

June 07, 2013 19:27

609 posts(s)

It’s not like the code can be written in 5 minutes.

June 08, 2013 00:18

828 posts(s)

To Vaughn 2 months = 5 minutes

… plenty time has passed. 2 months = 2 months not 5 minutes

June 08, 2013 09:40

803 posts(s)

I know by now no one, including the Developers, cares for what Davison says.

Even so here it goes: Davison, you should focus your attention in playing the game, thats what we are here to do, not complaining about everything they build for us in their own free time. I keep checking your team and each time it seems to get worse, shouldn’t you be taking care of it instead of this? How can you know the game is that bad if it seems to me you dont play it that much?

Go play the game, and take care!

June 13, 2013 17:59

828 posts(s)

im pretty sure you opinion matters just as much as mine. mr froggy

August 28, 2013 03:11

2 posts(s)

CML is back… a hug to my former oponent and the best Antunes… and my best friend Mecedonian one….

January 14, 2015 09:13

828 posts(s)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

August 10, 2015 13:49

639 posts(s)

Donator

“For those who don’t follow us on Twitter, click here to see how the team players screen will look like.”

Can you test if the Team Players Script still works with the new team players screen?

August 11, 2015 02:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ll be really surprised if it doesn’t work, all we’ve added is a new image for the stars :-)

October 28, 2015 23:29

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Question from Sniff:

“With regard to team quality calculations, what will happen if a team over performs the season before the calculations come into effect? Will this then make the board too harsh on a team that has over-performed, as in all likelihood they won’t be able to repeat their level of performance? I don’t have a solution, but possibly something to think about in the implementation.”

It will definitely have an impact, but if you think about it, it is not unrealistic. Once the board sees you’re capable of over performing they will expect that from you again. The other way around is also true, if you under performed they will ease their expectations in the following season. Also, if you over performed your performance will be high enough to survive the higher expectations in the following season.

October 29, 2015 00:19

96 posts(s)

Once the board sees you’re capable of over performing they will expect that from you again.

But by it’s very nature the original over performance can’t realistically be repeated, otherwise it wouldn’t be over performance, it would have been performance:)

Hence my original question!

October 29, 2015 10:17

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, let me give you a practical example. Let’s say based solely on your squad quality evaluation (which is very poorly calculated sometimes) the board would tell you to finish middle in table, but in the prior season you happen to have qualified for Champions League by finishing in third place, so instead of telling you to finish middle in table this season the board may now maybe tell you to qualify for Europa League. They still want you to over perform (in terms of squad quality), but not necessarily as much as you previously did.

October 29, 2015 22:24

37 posts(s)

The board always believes that the team can perform better than in the previous season. The only exception is a financial mismatch. That is real football.

October 31, 2015 16:29

639 posts(s)

Donator

About the new layout: is there an option to see the full menu, like there used to be?

October 31, 2015 17:01

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

No, for a good reason: this new layout is responsive. There are still a few problems, but in a near future the whole website should work on a mobile device (after logging in using your mobile device, try the “full site” option).

I took a little bit of time to get used to the new menu, but after that time I ended up finding it better. Lets see how it goes, do let us know how it feels for you.

October 31, 2015 17:10

639 posts(s)

Donator

I don’’t understand. It takes two clicks instead of one click to get to a screen. How is that an improvement?

October 31, 2015 17:25

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

If this is a price people are not willing to pay for the other benefits of the new look & feel, I will look into options to bring the “one click menu experience” back. But I do ask everyone to try it for a bit, before coming to any conclusions. Also remember this is the first iteration – we will adjust things as we go.

October 31, 2015 22:21

639 posts(s)

Donator

Another problem: the avg column in the player screen is not working anymore :(

November 01, 2015 04:00

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

We will make that one part of rubysoccer itself.

November 01, 2015 07:27

31 posts(s)

Donator

Not working on my 15 inch laptop.
It`s a mess! :)

November 01, 2015 11:39

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

What do you mean by “not working”?

November 01, 2015 11:47

296 posts(s)

For me on my iPad the text dosnt seem to be wrapped?

My text goes way outside the white border background, I like the look, I’m willing to give it a try