Improvements Discussion

Subscribe to Improvements Discussion 692 post(s), 78 voice(s)

September 14, 2011 07:44

828 posts(s)

dont know why cos non of those countries are gonna fill up any time soon ( in my opinion) but its cool and all but well other things are more important eh danilo ;) :P

September 14, 2011 08:18

803 posts(s)

Hey Davison, pay no attention to the game you’ve been playing for a few years now, they have made it for free and in their own time but hey, just details…

September 14, 2011 09:47

340 posts(s)

I agree with Filipe, we need to do something more though.

How about making some series of “how to play rubysoccer” on youtube etc..
Any publicity is good publicity, making t-shirts with rubysoccer or womething like that, etc..
We need to get back to the old school stuff as in the days of Soccersim, it’s so much nicer and cooler to contribute than complain like an old lady expecting miracles..

BK

December 01, 2011 12:42

639 posts(s)

Donator

I like the Form screen, but it is possible to have the actual position of the teams somewhere included?

December 01, 2011 17:24

301 posts(s)

Ya, kinda like a Season Form

December 01, 2011 22:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Noted. Simple addition :-)

March 26, 2012 06:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

From Davison in the admins only topic:

“what about past seasons does it give you credit time served and what you have done for the club ? or is it just from this point on this will be the case ?”

The answer is no, past seasons doesn’t affect the bonus / penalty in the current season. This change is only applied during your first season in a club.

September 13, 2012 09:07

828 posts(s)

any updates would be nice.
fixing the game ?

September 15, 2012 04:12

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Not recently…too much work on “real life” :-(

November 08, 2012 11:03

828 posts(s)

yeh big stadium income increase would be more logical for those whom spent the money to get it. ( not inherited )

ive only managed one team on this game and i think its shocking how i have yet to become the trillionare that ppl speak of most ive ever had was 200m and that was spent on rebuild now im 40m

November 08, 2012 16:40

639 posts(s)

Donator

What is your income and expenses in a normal week Davison? For me:

Tickets $849,090 Player Wages $387,965
Players Sold $0 Players Bought $0
Contract Break $0 Contract Break $0
Improvements Cancelled $0 Improvements $0
Merchandise $228,333 Ground Maintenance $86,545
Sponsorship $237,397 Staff Departments $300,000
Departments Downgrade $0 Departments Upgrade $0
Total $1,314,820 Total $774,510

November 08, 2012 20:48

301 posts(s)

Dimitri, to confirm, this is a “normal” week where you have a home game correct? If you have no home game that week (from div, cup or int game) then your ticket sales would be much lower.

I also wanted to ask the admins: Do you guys have plans to put in a “Season Form” in the Forms tab? This way we can view what our positions were over the course of the entire season.
I know ruby used to have it and i used to love that feature. I used to be able to tell that 2/3s into the season, my team would start sucking LOL

November 08, 2012 23:32

639 posts(s)

Donator

Yes, that was with one home game. Two weeks before that: Tickets $1,297,855 (two home games I guess).

And a ranking graph or something like that would be a nice feature, yes :)

November 09, 2012 02:44

828 posts(s)

Tickets $0 Player Wages $444,047
Contract Break $0 Contract Break $17,650
Merchandise $256,143 Ground Maintenance $86,155
Sponsorship $75,315 Staff Departments $481,500
Total $331,458 Total $1,029,352
Profit / Loss: $-697,894

November 09, 2012 02:45

828 posts(s)

with a game at home
Income Expenses
Tickets $614,250 Player Wages $437,047
Contract Break $0 Contract Break $0
Merchandise $289,920 Ground Maintenance $81,018
Sponsorship $70,535 Staff Departments $481,500
Total $974,705 Total $999,565
Profit / Loss: $-24,860

November 09, 2012 10:09

639 posts(s)

Donator

Either cut expenses or make more money selling players, I’d suggest (I use a combination of both).

November 09, 2012 12:18

301 posts(s)

I agree with dimitri.
the only real way of making money in Ruby is by selling players. Now that the CPU actually buys players from us, it really is the best option.
I understand the economy of the game is flawed, but we’re way too deep into it now where a 1 time solution will fix every problem…
Buy low, sell high. Just like the stock market. You’ll need to learn to sell that 1 guy that everyone wants… or at least that the computer wants.
I’ve bought guys for 10 mil, but after 3-4 seasons, i’ve turned around and sold them for 60mil or more just to make money… heck, i sell players that aren’t fully grown yet just so that human managers don’t buy them. :P The cpu buys now, take advantage of that. it’s your only chance for survival especially now that wages have essentially doubled.

November 09, 2012 12:29

828 posts(s)

havnt had the comp buy anything from me this season

November 09, 2012 13:03

301 posts(s)

I haven’t checked, but it means you’re prices are too high. I sell players to CPU for 4-5-6mil, sometimes around 10-12 mil. Those are fringe players that i sell for that much. The top players are the ones that really bring in big wads of cash, but nonetheless, selling those lower average players for 2-3-4 mil really does bring up the piggy bank. I had over 750mil at some point with alavez simply by keeping a couple of roster spots open and promoting all my youths and selling them right after their promotion.

November 09, 2012 20:35

28 posts(s)

Are the wages really doubled or is it more something like +20k or +30k per wage ?
If the wages are doubled, I’m afraid having currently players with 50k as wage, will they ask for 100k next time ?

Is this rule applied for all managers or only managers with too much cash ? :)

November 09, 2012 21:33

637 posts(s)

My goalkeeper asks a wage of 107k. His previous wage was 62k. I agree something had to be done to balance the economy but to almost double wages is the right solution? At the moment it looks like it but in the future?
We will only loose cash in the coming seasons. I’m hardly break even after a home and away match now. After 2-3 seasons most teams would have to sell players to avoid bankruptcy. Charles, selling players for 2-3-4 Million doesn’t make a difference if you have to pay 60M and more for a good player.

November 10, 2012 12:19

23 posts(s)

Donator

I agree with Dirk

November 11, 2012 07:28

20 posts(s)

I personally do not think doubling wages is the way to fix this, there could be other ways, (better coaching structures, stadium upgrades, travel charge for away games, etc) but not player wages, what about teams that are in lower divisions and a player is asking 100k as a wage but the board will only allow 60k then that team will loose that player, not all the teams are billionaires, (my account, Money: $1,901,075,455 (excellent)). I have raised lots of money by selling players, I have given up results and focused on developing young players and selling at decent prices. I just think that wages are getting crazy now and if thins continues then no team will be able to make any money when they sell a player because by the time someone sells a well developed 25 yo, the investment in wage for that player would be too much a player makes 70k for 3 seasons (= 10M in 3 seasons) next renewal comes and the player asks for 140k for the next 3 seasons (= 20M for the next 3 seasons) you just invested 30 million in developing that player, and then guess what, you sell that player and you have less profit that what you think. Now just imagine if a team has 11 players that he has developed (or purchased ) that team will have to gather 300 Million in 6 seasons just for player wages. Do the math, it does not make sense to me.

November 11, 2012 19:02

639 posts(s)

Donator

I think it’s a good change. Now you have to actually care about wages. Who cared about wages before the change?

“what about teams that are in lower divisions and a player is asking 100k as a wage but the board will only allow 60k then that team will loose that player, not all the teams are billionaires, "

is a good argument for the change, actually.

November 12, 2012 00:51

8 posts(s)

Donator

I agree with Gustavo about this double wages thing… this will unable smaller teams to hire good players, because usually they have smaller stadiums and they make less money with sponsors as well… it takes a great amount of time and money to improve stadiums and start making more money (I had to spend a lot of money myself to increase Univ Chile’s Stadium)… the point is that doubling wages might create a huge gap between the teams that make a lot of money and the ones that are trying to improve…. Besides worrying about improving stadiums and paying an unreal amount of money on average players, now they have to handle wages that can reach 10%-20% of their total income in a Turn. It will be really hard for a smaller team to reach a high performance, without good players and having to pay a lot of money for their promoted youths… we will see a lot of bankruptcies and managers fired for weak performance, with limited possibilities of putting together a nice team… if the money needs to circulate from teams with a lot of money (that have worked hard to reach this point), maybe a debate would bring up some nice ideas… Cheers!

November 12, 2012 11:15

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It’s good to see a lot of discussion around the new change, I already expected that :-)
I don’t want to explain too much but the way I’ve tried to do it shouldn’t make it harder for small teams to hire their youths, but it could make it harder to compete when hiring players. The players will not always try to double their salaries…they should be smarter now, ask for money when they “think” they can. If in the future we introduce other expenses for example they be should smart enough to not ask that much money because now the team may not be able to match it.

Hope this clarifies things a little bit…if in the end we see it’s not a good change we can always go back ;-)

Cheers

November 12, 2012 21:30

828 posts(s)

if you are to make this at all fair. you have to balance everyones income resetting every human controlled teams financial situation
because only the rich clubs benefit from anything you impliment
i dont see any possitive financial fixes

you have allowed it to get to this point, this problem has existed since the game started

November 13, 2012 00:29

296 posts(s)

I think this was needed, it won’t have a massive effect on most teams but a few smaller ones might struggle. In real life players get paid £30,000 – 130,000 a week so why not here? If you don’t want to pay for the player then sell him on, happens alot ib football also!

November 13, 2012 02:11

18 posts(s)

sincerely and sorry for my words, but I’m used to play online games for at least 15 years (yes, I’m old) and this decision to make the game more expensive is the most stupid decision that can be taken.

in this way, in 5 to 10 seasons, the richest will dominate the game and the “regular teams” will deal with a poor players to avoid the bankruptcy or will do some crazy acts and will destroy many teams for many and many seasons.

Nowadays, the merchandise and sponsors are ridiculous and impossible to balance the income/outcome. you can only be healthy selling players or having a big stadium with a good performance in the season and it’s not common to have an 100k stadium.

Now, putting aside the player market, and considering one team earning around 400k income (that is the standard for average teams) and 50k stadium that I believe it’s much higher than the average in fastticker.

If you have 10 coaches and 3 physios and spending around 60K to stadium maintenance, you will spend 380K. So, if you consider crowded stadium every game you have 500K.

So, considering the whole season playing around 23 games at home:

(400K x 144)/3 = +19.2M
(380K x 144)/3 = -18.2M
500K x 23 = +11.5M

Total Income/Outcome WITHOUT player’s wage → +12.5M

So, to finish the season at $0 balance you need to pay for your players the total of (12.5M*3)/144 = -260.42K per week

My squad with 27 players, 25 from youth, cost me 344.185K every week, that is 16,5M per season and I believe that I have a CHEAP squad. If I double this, I will pay 33M per season that means -20,5M per season. Now, imagine this for “regular teams” with not so much money?? The conclusion is: The rich teams will DOMINATE the game!!

Now, I will open here my bank account and explain how I did this after 46 SEASONS.

Money: $1,361,448,811

I got this team with a bunch of old players, very high outcome, 8 coaches, 36K stadium and around 15M in my account.
after 3 seasons spending the money to get promoted I succeed, but was the worst thing that I did and in the next season I had been relegated with a bunch of old players and almost $0.

I suffered a lot to renew my squad with youth players and I sold many of them very cheap to have some money.. I fought a lot to earn 30M to 50M for amazing players. At this moment, one player with a 100M value could be considered as a top player, and I believe that is really fair for an top player (that is the main reason that I refuse at most to enter in this current overrated market).

After a lot of seasons selling player to have a good money to improve the team, I reached around 80M and started to hire coaches and improve my stadium. Doing this and selling some of my top players to keep an good balance and keep improving my stadium I reached around 200M and I tought that was amazing to keep improving the stadium and keep an competitive squad.

Then started the overrated player values and I started to sell every (sorry for the word) piece of shit for 40M to 100M. And I started to make easy money.

After, we received the bonus to have dumb CPU decisions to buy players near to retirement for, 10M to 20M. So, more free money.

Finishing, you have CPU “investment in the future” and you sell 67~71 average and useless youth players for 10M to 20M. AMAZING!!

So, now, you sum these 3 situations in only one. Overrated players being sold for 400M, overrated old players being sold for 30M, useless young players being sold per 20M. This is why you have problem in the money balance.

November 13, 2012 02:25

18 posts(s)

Continuing.

I sincerely believe that my team will be one of those that will take some benefit in this decision to make the players “smarters” and ask very high values to renew.

I can give many examples from other online games that took this decision I had no way back. Even real economic situation examples can be given.

Anyway, this is my opinion. The true is if you want to be one of the top in the game with top players in the market for 500M, you really need to have at least 1 billion to be competitive. Nowadays, 100M is the same to have 10M in the past. you can buy only one player above the average and will be without money.