Improvements Discussion

Subscribe to Improvements Discussion 692 post(s), 78 voice(s)

June 16, 2011 04:01

828 posts(s)

i would like to see a youth development be alot better than it is

June 18, 2011 23:53

609 posts(s)

Can you guys give a little update on what is going on atm? Seems to me there is alot holding back or there isn’t much work on the system. Communication isn’t only the best in a relation, also here :)

June 19, 2011 08:28

639 posts(s)

Donator

+1.

June 19, 2011 12:53

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

There are a few things to be released, I don’t want to spoil the surprise, but one thing I can reveal is that we are going to change the way youths evolve. We want to release that as soon as possible – maybe in the next few days!

June 19, 2011 14:35

609 posts(s)

YESSSSSSSSSS FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 20, 2011 00:13

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I know you guys are now complaining that youths take to long to evolve, but remember the system became what it is because youths were evolving too fast and teams like Gama in FastTicker had a full squad of 19-21 y.o. superstars. We’ll keep that in mind while changing the system again. We’re getting there :-)

June 20, 2011 06:48

15 posts(s)

Now it is 24/25 y.o. right? Let’s try and get it done to 21/23?

June 20, 2011 07:56

639 posts(s)

Donator

I actually think the system is ok as it is… and I conctracted more youth players than anyone else in the game ;)

June 20, 2011 13:49

803 posts(s)

I think the time players take to improve it’s ok… You can have a player fully grown with 22 if you use him in oficial matches, you’ll probably lose some matches but it is supose to be that way… People want to improve players just using them in friendly matches, there’s no managing in that and this is a manage game…

June 20, 2011 20:27

299 posts(s)

I am with Dimitri and Felipe. The youth system is just fine, and just like in RL, youth players come of age around 22-23.
Also I don’t see much reason to complain, considering that fully grown players start decreasing only at 31 and they are still at their peaks at around 33-34 yo, meaning that a full grown player is expected to have a career span of at least 10 seasons.

June 20, 2011 20:52

609 posts(s)

You can have them full grown at young age yeah, but then it’s impossible to win anything (like a league, cl/el and cup). In RL i almost never see someone younger then 20 in the field, only when they are execptional like Snider, Messi and Rooney in his younger years.

Filipe, i don’t agree with you saying that there’s no managing in letting players play only in friendly games. If we refer to RL then a club has a fully backstage youth acedemy to train players till they are rdy for the main team. Normally they don’t come in the pictures till they are 19/20 and then they are of a lvl that i mentioned in the frist paragraph.

Also in the aspect of that we need alot more managers, if a new managers joins a lower team for the first time he can get free players of 17/18, then he needs to wait till they are 23/24 to have them fully improved. That is 6 seasons aka almost 6 months!!!! Do you rly think a new manager is waiting for that? Ofc it’s the hardest way to restore a team and build up from scratch, but still….almost 6 months is TO MUCH for an online game.

June 20, 2011 21:23

678 posts(s)

@Filipe: There is more to it with the youth system. Indirectly, changing the youth improvement system will hopefully have a positive effect on the transfer market. I think you understand why.

June 21, 2011 23:44

828 posts(s)

finally possitive change to come soon <3

June 22, 2011 08:51

299 posts(s)

@Sly
The market has slowed down for two reasons:
1. The age of superstars, Tigers apart, is over. Players, even good ones, are more similar to each other, hence their impact from one team to another has lessened considerably. As a result, only those few standouts have a proper market.
2. Managers are relying more and more on youth, both from academy and from the market, transferred or freed. This, IMO, is a good development.

You know very well how much I love a dynamic market, but I would prefer not to make it more dynamic by creating a phony youth system.

@Vaughn
Yes it takes sometime to build a team, but once you get the foundation going, then you can count on your team to always be competitive. Also, proper managers should enjoy such a challenge of building a team from scratch. For new managers, it is quite a challenge where they also learn the game as it should be.
Not to brag here, but it’s no coincidence that both me and Filipe support the current youth setup. We are both quite traveled managers, with a long resume of success (taking into consideration the relativity of the term here) wherever we have been.
Filipe: Porto, Vitoria Guiamares, Manchester United
Me: Valencieness, Liverpool, Cardiff City.
All these teams (Cardiff is still in the making) have had a lot of success, being build almost from scratch, and dominating European football at their peaks. We are a solid proof, over and over again, that with a proper strategy, a lot can be done starting from scratch.

The problem is not in the youth setup, but in the knowledge base + personal skills of every manager out there. The whole experience and outcome is a mix of grooming youth and smart market strategy.
-there are still managers who quite don’t understand how youth grow. Just recently, an old manager here told me that youth complete their growth at only 400 experience growth points. It’s clear this manager has based his all strategy on wrong foundations.
-most managers don’t know how to spend. One manager in the last two seasons has sold two very promising prospects for a total of 85 million and has bought a fully grown mid of average skills for 30 million. So, the said manager has made a profit of 55 million, however, he has lost two future starters and has added a player of no impact in his first team and no return value in the market. This is a recipe for disaster, if you ask me. And it’s a recipe 90% of managers use. It’s also the main reason why the remaining 10% or even less are always the ones dominating all competitions.
Of course, making money is important. But the only profit you make in this game is the added value to the team you put on the pitch, not the balance in your fake account. :D

Changes or no changes, I think that a detailed guide should be created to help young and old managers to get their game in order. As it is, most managers here are simply confused of what the heck they are doing.

June 23, 2011 09:34

828 posts(s)

how about having the ability to acturally field a realistic formation ? why are we limited to these stupid squares that arnt even symetrical btw i agree with sly on the youth system

/V\@Rc

June 23, 2011 10:28

803 posts(s)

@Dhimitri
Just a correction, instead of Porto my first CL winner was Benfica… If you were portuguese I’d consider that an insult :P

All the rest totally agree with you, in addition to that we need more real managers in the game, the CPU teams only buy players for small amounts, more real managers and there would be more transfers to make and more people making them.

June 23, 2011 11:27

299 posts(s)

Estamos sempre convosco
Vamos a todo o lado
Queremos ganhar
Não paramos de cantar
Força Benfica Allez

:)

June 25, 2011 06:47

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Just to let you guys know that I’ve been monitoring the instabilities and fixing errors – in other words: if you clicked on a page and saw an error, I’ve been notified. Next time you try to do the same thing, there’s a good chance the error will not be there anymore.

June 25, 2011 10:36

609 posts(s)

There is also a bug in the mail, a player is refered with html code.

example: Noa Roussel skills have increased. Shows the a href code in the mail and doesn’t link to the player (which it does on the forum)

June 26, 2011 13:03

120 posts(s)

Donator

The same mail error occurs on result reports also. Lots of href code, no actual link.

I really don’t need the linking anyway, I just want to see the message… which is now difficult to decipher, because of the href code.

As stated above… the link works properly here on the forum when I paste it in… it just isn’t working in the game mail.

I am using Firefox at home… and whatever browser the Droid uses on my phone (LOL).

July 01, 2011 10:28

803 posts(s)

When using facebook there is a link in my left side menu to the RS aplication but it opens a small window in facebook with the RS hope page inside. That is not very useful so if you can you should either let it open a new window or let it go to the aplication page…

July 31, 2011 10:12

609 posts(s)

Hello Gabriel & Danilo,

I was reading up on some old improvements round oct 2009;

===
The away match penalty reduction is still on discussion, so for next season we won’t reduce it for 27-28 years old player yet, we may do that for 29 (-2) and 30 (-1) years old players only. Stay tuned!
===

I know that 31 and above dont get any reducement and 30 gets -1, but are the others implentent in the later stage to or not?

August 02, 2011 21:47

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’m pretty sure it is as described in your post, -2 for 29 y.o., -1 for 30 y.o. and no penalty for older players.

Cheers.

August 23, 2011 10:36

15 posts(s)

===
Holiday mode is not working correctly, at least for some managers. While we don’t fix the problem you shouldn’t rely on it for not losing the team after 7 days of inactivity. As soon as it’s resolved a new announcement will be made.

Cheers.
===

So if you go on holiday now for 2 weeks you don’t know if you lose your team, hhm really comforting. I’m going on holiday in mid/end september, hope it’s fixed by then.

August 23, 2011 11:44

637 posts(s)

@ Frank: Too be sure I would ask Gabriel to check it if I were you. For some managers the holiday mode works as it should be. For me it didn’t and I lost both my teams.
If I were you I would search for a pc during these 2 weeks so you could login for a minute ;)

September 14, 2011 00:03

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

From Berhan K in the Announcements topic:

“Fantastic stuff, the new countries!!!

I was itching to take on a team in Sweden, but I’ll stick around at EPL, beating Davison is too much fun. Besides I guess someone has to make it harder for Filipe, most team give him easy points anyway. ;)"

September 14, 2011 00:10

828 posts(s)

berhan can suck it

September 14, 2011 01:42

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Hey Davison,

We have better things to do than to keep telling people what they already know here in the forum. Next time we find ourselves forced to waste our time with this kind of behavior, we will be tempted to ban you from the game for a while. Please refrain from posting without thinking in future.

September 14, 2011 02:17

828 posts(s)

k well then what are you doing then ?
what improvements will see soon and when

September 14, 2011 06:15

609 posts(s)

Apperently making new countries is a very high priority.