Improvements Discussion

Subscribe to Improvements Discussion 692 post(s), 78 voice(s)

December 09, 2009 13:10

287 posts(s)

Since new match engine update my players grade has fallen 30%. Strikers are not working anymore and I lost the last game by a goal from a middle fielder with 78 shooting skill.

I ll have to think again about my tatics

December 10, 2009 19:33

287 posts(s)

About “Schedule friendlies on season start”: is it scheduling home and aways or is it like the unfair way with computer team playing allways home and other away?

December 11, 2009 00:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It is the unfair way…even though I don’t see why it is unfair since ticket income is split on friendlies :)

December 14, 2009 14:19

117 posts(s)

Gabriel, is it possible to extract statistic as to the scoring % of defenders, midfielders, and strikers? Since your changes, I’ve noticed that the attackers are no longer scoring very often…

Personally, I don’t find it very realistic to have one of my defenders scoring in 1 out of every 2 games.

December 15, 2009 12:13

828 posts(s)

i agree

productivity has come from midfielders and defenders

the strikers that are 93+ in shooting havnt been scoreing

December 15, 2009 13:25

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It is happening cause players tend to run towards the goal more often if their path is free of opponents. I believe having more goals by defenders and midfielders is a good thing, but it may be exaggerated right now. The statistics for season 32 are not that bad, look:

Attackers: 35916 goals
Midfielders: 10204 goals
Defenders: 2726 goals

Isn’t it reasonable? :)

December 15, 2009 14:27

117 posts(s)

Hmmmm it looks reasonable on paper but I’d like to have some form of real-life comparison.

After a quick search, I found some websites discussing non-strikers goals (but I can’t seem to find hard statistics):
http://soccerword.com/index.php?blog=2&title=goals_from_non_strikers_premier_league_s&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
http://soccernews.bigsoccer.com/article/02ve8O78THcP3
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=667326.html

Also, if strikers are to be a less important part of the game (which I have nothing against), there should be more midfielders that excel at shooting which I don’t think is the case presently…I recall ManagerSim having considerably more offensive or defensive minded (read: more talented) MAs & DMs…am I remembering things correctly???

My best striker hasn’t scored very often since your changes. Check him out: Mauricio Malta in FastTick…In fact, the top strikers list in France seems frozen in time. Nothing has changed since the game engine modifications.

December 15, 2009 14:39

651 posts(s)

gabriel, i would like to see the same statistics after you implemented the updates???
i think the change is good, once we find the optimum setup

December 16, 2009 03:49

287 posts(s)

Gabriel, could you get this statistics from last 72 turns? Your update hasn´t been on the begining of the season. (And just official matchs).

Last turn at spain we had:
9 goals by strikers
8 goals by middlefielders
4 goals by defenders

MOTM
4x goalkeepers
4x middle
2x def
0x strikers

December 16, 2009 07:37

120 posts(s)

Donator

I know this will get much better, but i’m getting hit hard in FT and MT, you can see last games of Getafe and villareal….
i guess i will have to wait long to achive another european final, or even semifinals.
But at the same time we must have very happy manages winning or tie very rough games.
and the worst for me now it is than strikers as Bustamante looks like amateurs, unable to find where to score.
Maybe we have to define better goalies situation…. they getting so fat than the ball cant make it through.
anything i can do to help…… i guess you Gabriel and Danilo know

December 16, 2009 14:49

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

yep DaMago… I expect to have much more free time after the holidays that are approaching, and I will dedicate a good amount of time to rubysoccer. the only problem is that i am moving to australia, so the time zone will be a little bit different :)

December 17, 2009 19:53

241 posts(s)

Well this season has been a mess for me too…i am trying to figure out whats wrong but i will you give some facts.The opposing keepers averaging 9.4 rating against my team with countless MOTM awards….i feel like changing my tactics since its the results that counts but why change it if you have usually more shots on goal right?

Maybe the logic is the keepers that have to deal with many shots have better chance of getting the MOTM award but when it happens too frequently it gets ridiculous.

January 26, 2010 15:56

287 posts(s)

After you have changed -1, 0 and +1 logic, it is been common, at least at my team, players from position D +1 been more present near oponnets goal than striker at position A-1.

For me defender -1, should stay just in defence and rarelly at middlefield
Defenders +1 should be more common at middlefield but very rarelly in A +0 or A +1

Summarizing:
Position / Acting positions
D-1 / ALL D, M-1, M0
D0 / ALL D, ALL M
D+1 / ALL D, ALL M and A-1
M-1 / ALL D, ALL M
M0 / D0, D+1, ALL M, A-1, A0
M+1 / D+1, ALL M, ALL A
A-1 / D+1, ALL M, ALL A
A-0 / ALL M, ALL A
A+1 / M0, M+1, ALL A

January 26, 2010 17:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yesterday I’ve started working on the match engine again. I’ve created action profiles for each position to try and fix this behavior.

February 17, 2010 11:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

From Rui Antunes in the Improvements topic:

the problem remains.

score: 1-1

57% possession 43%
41 shots 9
35 shots on target 6
89% accurrate passes 90%
63% effective tackles 26%

From Ulisses:

Gabriel, how about fix news feed?

February 17, 2010 11:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

@Ulisses: what about it?

February 17, 2010 11:44

287 posts(s)

Now it is ok. Post from Rui Antunes was showing in news feed.

August 30, 2010 12:36

803 posts(s)

National Teams finaly :D What more can you guys tell us about manager selection for them? I want to apply for Portugal :D

August 30, 2010 13:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It is not fully designed so I won’t spoil it ;-)
We’ll give enough time for managers to apply once it is released.

August 31, 2010 02:07

120 posts(s)

Donator

I love the national team concept. Is it just me, or are there way too many old guys on the national teams?

August 31, 2010 02:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I have created a new topic to discuss national teams:

http://www.rubysoccer.com/forums/1/topics/1699

September 22, 2010 12:50

387 posts(s)

Re: “-Maximum value for transfer price: you cannot transfer list a player asking more than 3 times his estimated value.”
good approach, but i guess from now on no one will sell/TL a player 23yro or younger due their lower value (~2-6m) x3 …
what about: listing price stays unlimited. but all transfers with a transfer price above 3x the value have to get approval (hard coded) by a GM after the negotiations ?

September 22, 2010 13:02

4 posts(s)

Ficou ótimo a limitação de apenas uma negociação por temporada entre usuários!!

Parabéns!

Quanto ao que o Philipp postou, eu ainda não analisei, parece que agora há um limite para o valor de um jogador?

September 22, 2010 14:14

639 posts(s)

Donator

I like the changes!

“good approach, but i guess from now on no one will sell/TL a player 23yro or younger due their lower value (~2-6m) x3 …”

The young players will get higher values, so I think they will get transferlisted (though perhaps a bit less).

September 22, 2010 16:49

639 posts(s)

Donator

The announcement said “young players’ value will be a little higher” but I think it’s more than a little bit? Two of my young players have doubled in value so far.

September 22, 2010 20:11

639 posts(s)

Donator

Or tripled even (from less than 100k to 331k).

September 22, 2010 20:28

35 posts(s)

Not sure if this has something to do with the new change but i just got a 16 yo he sucks and he is worth $1,195,978!!!!!!!!!!, does this mean he will become a Superstar? what does this price mean. Is that how youth players are going to be from now on?

September 22, 2010 21:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Dimitri answered correctly to Philipp’s concerns, young players’ value will start to increase and, as Jesus pointed out, new players will already start with a higher value, so you’ll be able to transfer list them by a decent price.

@Jesus: the idea is not that the player will become a Superstar, but that he is young enough to possibly be worth that much. With the new rules, if he was worth 100k it would mean his transfer price could be from 25k to 300k, but being worth 1M raises the possible transfer price to 250k-3M, which is a more realistic range, giving the player age.

Let’s see how this turns out, all these changes are easily configurable so no need to worry ;-)

Cheers!

September 23, 2010 06:48

639 posts(s)

Donator

By the way, will the salary demands of young players also be much higher?

September 23, 2010 10:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

No, salaries are not affected.