Improvements Discussion

Subscribe to Improvements Discussion 692 post(s), 78 voice(s)

March 17, 2009 12:49

375 posts(s)

Match engine improvements

1) Defenders usually have low passing skill, will it mean that now they will lose the ball more often near their goal ?

March 17, 2009 17:21

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I wouldn’t say that, Alban. It’s better to pass the ball (even if they miss) than try to run with it and lose the ball in a tackle ;)

March 19, 2009 18:30

637 posts(s)

Now players have a more realistic movement in the match engine, I suggest you can add a free role possibility for the individual tactics. A player doesn’t only move forward and backwards but also in the fields around him. For example a MC 0 player can move to LC -1 till +1; C -1 and +1; RC -1 till +1. What do you think?

Keep the great work btw!

March 19, 2009 19:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks, thorpedo!
Free role sounds good, we need to figure out a good way to implement it. I’ll add this enhancement to our list right away!

March 20, 2009 01:28

120 posts(s)

Donator

Thorpedo, Good job man. Your idea rocks!!!,
to me: 100% YES.

March 20, 2009 05:15

375 posts(s)

I would like to know more the movement has changed ? Maybe in % or just in simple words ? =)

March 20, 2009 12:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Previously the players moved in a fixed line. For instance, a center player moved back and forth in the central field line (except when trying to tackle an opponent or get a lost ball). Now the same central player would not be “stuck” in the central line, he can move a little bit to the left or right. The same way a left player for instance can be even closer to left field line or a little bit more closer to the center.

March 20, 2009 16:02

375 posts(s)

Ok, I see. But what is the purpose of this movement ? Or just to spread the players a bit ? It is more real, I think, maybe now they will find “weaker places” in the opponents defense ?

March 20, 2009 17:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You got it right Alban, the purpose is just to spread the players a bit and make their movement more realistic ;)

April 11, 2009 09:31

651 posts(s)

Improvement : Minor adjustments on wage cap formula so that the club’s financial situation is now the most important factor.

This improvement means that we will not make some typing errors.
But also means that clubs with more financial power always take the best players… It doesn’t allow us to take any risk…

Would u rethink or make the limit more flexible, so that sometimes we can override the board decision… ( That way we could avoid the typing errors too)

April 11, 2009 09:44

609 posts(s)

yes plz! limiting the wages to what the boards want is kinda a disadvantages for the smaller teams. If we can only give 12k wages and bigger team 25k then they will go to the bigger team? abit more flexible please :)

April 11, 2009 11:13

651 posts(s)

yah… may be board could deny once, but we could have an option to override the board

April 11, 2009 11:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Overriding the board may be an option…I think there must be an exchange for that, like the board being more strict for a while when you override it (strict regarding rating the manager’s performance). In fact I believe a better improvement would be the player considering other factors while choosing the team where he’d go, like where is he more likely to be in the first squad (this is already planned).

April 11, 2009 13:09

651 posts(s)

yah… considering other factors would be nice gabriel, but with the power to override the board.

April 15, 2009 00:23

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Question from Vaughn in the Improvements topic:
“does this effect the stamina and speed? Cause when you are not playing long bal players get quicker tired because they run/walk more?”
The latest changes in the match engine does not affect the player stamina, but now they will cover longer distances as they can run diagonally instead of only horizontally and vertically.

May 09, 2009 11:45

609 posts(s)

Hey,
About the last changes in keeper stamina, u said it was only the match stamina. That means his stamina overall is not affected by it?

May 10, 2009 15:33

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Correct, the stamina you see in the player info page is not affected. What I call match stamina is the measure of how “tired” the keeper is during the match.

May 13, 2009 07:59

375 posts(s)

Match engine enhancement: when nobody has the ball only closer players or the closest player in your squad will try to get it. No more swarm behavior (everybody run towards the ball).
I still see that players tend to gather in groups around the ball. Well, in reality we usually have a maximum of 2 players trying to steal the ball from 1 opponent. Now we see 3 vs 3. We have no free teammates because all of them run together.

May 13, 2009 11:34

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That happens cause most teams use players in the 3 central position only. As soon as we improve the wingers utilization and managers start changing their formations I expect those 3 vs 3 to stop happening so often.

May 13, 2009 13:03

375 posts(s)

I hope to see these changes, I want the game be even more real =)

May 19, 2009 23:41

609 posts(s)

just a quicky, with the enchancement of swarm behavior fixed and the new passing priority you’re saying wing play is back in play?

May 20, 2009 00:31

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You can still see the swarm behaviour in some situations where midfielders keep tackling each other. I hope that even before that is fixed we can see an improvement on wing play.

May 20, 2009 05:39

375 posts(s)

P R I O R I T Y

what is that ? =)

May 20, 2009 11:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It’s the field zone where you want to play more frequently. If you want to use wingers you should give priority to passes along the sides of the field. If you have strong central players, maybe you want to prioritize passing to the center. Now if you don’t care or if you want to give the same importance to sides and central players a mixed strategy will fit for you.

May 27, 2009 03:21

375 posts(s)

Enhance distance to goal calculation on match simulation. Instead of measuring the distance to the center of the goal we now measure the distance to the closest point of the goal, considering its whole size. It should make LC/RC attackers shoot a little bit more.

2 questions:

1) Just a little bit more ? So if I have 3 atackers all with 0 mentality, 80% of shots will still be done by the center attacker ? =)
2) Does this enchancement only change the chance to make a shot or also the chance to score from a shot ?

May 27, 2009 10:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

1) Not necessarily, I’d say the passing priority enhancement have some influence on that, cause if you set it to center, you C attacker is likely to get the ball more often while if you set it to “along sides” your LC and RC attackers are more likely to get the ball.
2) Both. For example, let’s say that your attacker needs to be within 15 meters from the goal to shoot, according to your shooting strategy. Suppose that with the previous calculation he’d be 16.4 meters distant, but now with the new calculation he is 14.8, it means he will shoot thanks to the new formula. Or if he was 14.8 with the old calculation and now is 12, he would shoot on both cases, but now it will be easier as he’s closer to the goal.

June 29, 2009 19:20

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

from Vaughn:

w00t w00t nice news !!! (on twitter)

June 29, 2009 20:55

609 posts(s)

hehe sorry, didn’t look at the admin only part ;)
Gabriel, they may be closer / in range to shoot…but won’t there shots still be less effective as the AC ? Stronger shots will results in more goals and a more tired keeper. Shooting from A LC or A RC won’t do that enough?

June 30, 2009 00:58

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The difference is that attackers on LC or RC will have to run a little bit more to be closer to the goal, once they are in the range their shots are as effective as an attacker on C position. But of course, the C attacker is more likely to shoot more and be closer to the goal.

June 30, 2009 01:25

241 posts(s)

I think it shouldnt be just about distance, lets not forget about the shooting angle. Diagonal shots should be less accurate or less likely to result in goal as apposed to shots facing goal.