Improvements Discussion

Subscribe to Improvements Discussion 692 post(s), 78 voice(s)

September 24, 2010 11:31

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

From Davison in the announcements thread:

“what about the players that were transfer listed prior to the change ? thier prices are still over inflated and shitty.

see i took my player off transfer list because i wanted to follow the rules… i dont need an advantage.
cos i can garantee im on of the best managers in the game….but i like knowing i am because of my integrity and chivalry

thank for you for the new changed :)"

Unfortunately the old players with shitty inflated prices will remain as is :-)

Cheers!

September 24, 2010 22:01

828 posts(s)

k so over time they will be weeded out ?

well its still good but an instant impact to current prices would be cool too but ppl wont buy those players and the prices will come down to where they should be in fairness

September 27, 2010 10:51

828 posts(s)

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/140589

January 23, 2011 14:18

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

We’ve been working behind the scenes, but I would like to hear from you guys: what are the new functionalities / improvements you would like to see in rubysoccer? Try to name more than one, if possible!

January 24, 2011 12:14

828 posts(s)

better formation squares

so i can make a proper formation not this shitty off center form.

i would like to have youth development be alot better regarding training strategy, shooting, defense, offence, ect for each invidual player and set the skill you want then to better

January 24, 2011 12:14

828 posts(s)

kinda like starting the culture of hey im gonna create my player and fuckn own your players cos i know how to manager my players ect ect ect

then sell these players
+ economy

= win

January 24, 2011 14:48

120 posts(s)

Donator

1. if you invested Stadium you should get a pay out from tickets.
2. World Club better than national team. At least should be play 4 teams or more…
3.Fix so many weird results… it can happen from time to time not like now…
4.get money for goal keeper or any player in the top scoring league from each league.
5. get money if you reach board goals.
6. allow transfer not with money, instead exchange of player in only one step.

January 24, 2011 17:03

299 posts(s)

Many changes would be welcome, HOWEVER:

You have got to deal with the arbitrary results. It’s the number one game killer in regards to enjoying this game. Because, at the end of the day, all your hard work in building the team and selecting the right tactics comes to the result.
For the second season in a row, I am ousted by the Wolves, in a completely arbitrary fashion.
Last season I won away 2-1 with complete dominance. Then they win at my home 4-3 in another game dominated by Pool. You would think that the away rule affecting players main skills would weaken the opposition skills and yet it seems to strengthen them.
Last season, Wolves went to win the cup in the same fashion against a total dominating United.
Coming back to this season, I draw away 2-2, lose at home 2-3. A 51-28 aggregate on my favor with pretty much better players in every position, especially the strikers.

There is no excuses for these lapses, which, as a matter of fact, are a common phenomena and not a lapses. Much has been said about the quality of shots and how you make the shots, but despite what the justifications are, this is a simple game of numbers vs numbers. Of course, some unpredictability is allowed, but this pushing it too far.
Just to be more specific, I thrashed Wolves away in the league game 6-1, with pretty much the same tactics and players in display from both sides. In all three games nothing much has changed gamewise (tactics, players, shots), but the “ability” of the opposition to add to their scoring with the same amount of work. And, ironically, they triple their efficiency in the hardest game yet, by being away. :D

If on the other hand there’s no problem with game engine, then it must really be the case that most of the managers here are quite dumb, including me, because there’s a lot of managers out there feeling at loss with such outcomes. It’s enough to check out the Match Results Bug section to get a clue. And for every reported case, you can count 10 more unreported. Or even more, as only a handful of managers even attend the forums

What happens on the pitch is the core of the game, the rest is pure decoration. If you get the substance right, then you can start worry about the rest.

PS: One of the main apologies handed out to counter such a phenomena is that “at the end it all balances out.” It does not, and we have seen a lot of cases in the cup competitions where such apology completely loses ground.
It is also important to not that at the end of the day, we all play the game to get some sense of accomplishment, like everything else we do in our lives. If the outcome is decided by arbitration, even if they “balance out,” then, where is the accomplishment in all this?

January 31, 2011 12:41

639 posts(s)

Donator

“We now have a page on Facebook. Check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RubySoccer/163511…"

Great! What about screenshots? Or maybe we (the players) should make screenshots and post them?

January 31, 2011 12:49

803 posts(s)

I think the most important is that we share the page with our friends, we need people to know the game, join, play, donate…

January 31, 2011 23:54

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We’ll add screenshots later, but of course you guys can use your own screenshots! That would be great. I’ll have to wait until I get home to do anything on Facebook, I can’t access it here at work ;-)

February 01, 2011 11:23

803 posts(s)

Some suggestions: there should be an option to suggest the page to our friends, I think you have to configure that in the admin painel. The link to the game is also missing :D

February 02, 2011 05:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I can see the option to suggest the page but only because I’m and admin…not sure how to enable it for everybody yet. The link was in the information tab, but I’ve also added it to the main page on the left hand side.

February 03, 2011 07:11

828 posts(s)

any time line to what to expect, not to put pressure on you cos this is your hobby and i thank you for this game, however i like to know in relativity what kind of things for sure will be in the next update ? the additions that you are asking us to suggest can be the surprise ( your decisions )

February 10, 2011 13:02

120 posts(s)

Donator

So far it is messy…..
i noticed i´ve got ingame new mail, but when click on it i cant see any new message.
question???

did you change the game logic????

February 10, 2011 13:10

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

i think you might be confusing the “new mail” icon… when you hold your mouse over the icon, what’s the text that appears?

February 10, 2011 13:10

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

and by “game logic” you mean “match engine”? no, but i am planning to.

February 10, 2011 14:08

120 posts(s)

Donator

match engine it was,,, are you going to tell us what´s going to be change?

Mail said “you have new…..” but then i click and i dont see any new mesage

thanks

February 10, 2011 14:39

296 posts(s)

Im running on firefox and my menu to the left seems to be all messed up? Just a big black box and the usual links are there. Also when i goto my mail and click delete, it stays there. =)

February 10, 2011 14:46

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

try F5… it seems to be a cache thing.

February 10, 2011 15:16

40 posts(s)

in “mail topic” unread and read messages have the same color

February 10, 2011 16:13

120 posts(s)

Donator

f5 works, it looks much better now
thanks

February 10, 2011 16:51

828 posts(s)

k ive reset my password, yet i have not been able to put my password or find where i enter a new password ?

February 10, 2011 16:52

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

fixed the email delete thing. keep reporting guys, this was a huge upgrade, bugs are expected and we are going to fix them as fast as possible.

February 10, 2011 16:57

828 posts(s)

ive signed in via the number issued with the reset

however where do i go to put my password to what i WANT it to me ?

February 10, 2011 18:16

301 posts(s)

gabriel, danilo,

my friend doesn’t have his pw. can you reset for him again?
i tried sending u guys an ingame mail but it keeps on failing.

can you guys send me an ingame mail so i can give you his username?

thx
charles

February 10, 2011 18:27

3 posts(s)

Hi all,

I’m François Michelet manager of Marseille in fast and Palmeiras in slow and I can’t manage to login with my password.
I noticed there were some changes but what shall I do to be able to login again ?What is this number issued with the reset you are talking about and where can I find that ?
Thank’s for helping me and to cancel this account after I will be able to relog

February 10, 2011 18:40

301 posts(s)

francois i had the same notion as you when my username and password wasn’t working…

i wanted to create a new user account so i can let danilo know that i couldn’t log in.
during my signup, i realized i hadn’t used my regular hotmail account to sign up since you couldn’t use a hotmail account to signup at the time.

anyways, i realized that i had used a seldom used account of mine to create my ruby login.
i went into that seldom used account and saw 2 emails from ruby.
1 saying my password was reset.
and the 2nd giving me my actual password.

can this be your issue as well?

Danilo, Gabriel, Please visit the Rubysoccer facebook page as lots of other users are having similar issues as francois, ali ben baydat and myself.

February 10, 2011 19:12

3 posts(s)

Hi Charles,

Thank’s a lot for your help. I’m almost sure that it is the same issue. The problem is that I’m not sure to find with wich email account and possibly cancelled I used to sign in in the begining.
Let’s try to find out and thank’s again Charles :)

Edit :

So thank’s to Charles I found the right hotmail account and I found the 2 messages but now :

both emails are the same, telling me the inconvenience but none of them are giving me a new password :o ! :(
Help !

February 10, 2011 19:22

301 posts(s)

hopefully danilo can help you out then.

on that note, my friend ali ben baydat has the same issue…

he has the same email twice, neither of which are showing him what his password was reset to…

thx for lookngi into it.