Improvements Discussion

Subscribe to Improvements Discussion 692 post(s), 78 voice(s)

June 26, 2008 04:51

387 posts(s)

- official matches played
- Goals
- Assists
- MotM
- Ratings
- Red cards

June 26, 2008 09:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

official matches played, goals, MotM and Ratings we already have on player statistics screen…red cards are not exactly there, but we do have disciplinary points…1 yellow card = 1 DPs and 1 red card = 2 DPs :-)

June 29, 2008 17:15

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Moved from “Improvements”. Written by Alban Yazyk.

Will it be possible to have ,ore than 6 youth players at 1 team ?
Do teams in countries with smaller divisions (Portugal, 16 teams) have more chances to get a star player than teams in large divisions ?
I think if you add more countries (if there are 20+), it will be essencial to change youth’s skills to higher difference.

June 29, 2008 22:55

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We don’t have any near term plans to improve the number of youths, but I don’t think this change would be hard to implement. The youth skills are generated based on the country performance in the international competitions. A country staying at the top of the ranking for a few seasons tends to generate better youths than the ones in the bottom of the ranking. The second factor to consider is the team division, first division teams get better youths than second division teams.

You’re absolutely right about higher difference when more countries are added. Using our current formula the base difference would be 9 at most if we had 20 countries. Expand that to 50 european plus 10 south american countries and we’d have 29 at most between the best and the worst countries. This gives room for even more countries from other continents. Of course this formula can change in the future if necessary, only time will tell :-)

Cheers!

September 18, 2008 13:58

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Copied from Improvements topic, posted by Dot

“Hi!

I’m wondering if is really fair that the Keepers should user their Header attribute to keep headings. This is bad because any current regular atacker can be in the same level with all current keepers. Thinking in this line, Keepers should use their Shooting attribute to catch shoots… But not, Headings and Shootings are both attack moves and keepers should use only one attribute to cath them.

In my case, I have a 100 kpg keeper. But this means nothing to headings, because a 63 shotting youth can easily do headings with 80 HEA, and my keeper has the same 80 HEA to try to keep the ball.

This is really unfair. I hope that you, admins, get my point.

Thanks."

September 18, 2008 14:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We understand that Dot, but after discussing that between us and with some co-workers who play the game we decided to make keepers use their Header attribute to defend headers. It makes sense if you think of it, some keepers are better on defending shots rather than headers and vice-versa, but most importantly, it is interesting for the game in the long term, when a new generation of players with different values on header skill will be out there. I will have the same problem as you, I have 2 keepers with 92 in keeping, and now 80 in header.

It’s unfair for some, fair for others, but exactly the same change for everybody, we hope you understand our intentions and how hard it is to find a balanced way to add such big features. I’m sure your keeper will still help you even with 80 in header ;)

Cheers!

September 18, 2008 14:57

637 posts(s)

Let’s see what the increase of non-headerchances will do.

I suggest that keepers have a mainskill “keeping” and 2 second skills namely “speed” (because a GK has to be fast to the ground to save shots) and “heading”.

For shots a GK uses for example 60% "keeping"skill and 40% "speed"skill.
For headers a GK uses for example 60% "keeping"skill and 40% "heading"skill.

The percentages can be changed off course.

This sounds more logical to me then 2 mainskills. Allthough I understand what you mean.

September 18, 2008 14:58

387 posts(s)

i don’t think “some keepers are better on defending shots rather than headers and vice-versa” !

there’s no big difference between saving a header and saving a shot – you need mostly the quality to save. It’s not like you need the hands for one type of shot and the feet to save the other type of ball (header) …

@thorpedo: your approach is close to what i suggested earlier http://www.rubysoccer.com/forums/1/topics/681

September 18, 2008 15:01

637 posts(s)

I agree with Philipp. I meant the same but only posted a possible solution.

@ Philipp: I saw your post in the “header topic”. I wanted to make it more practical.

September 18, 2008 19:57

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Sounds like a good suggestion guys, this 60% keeping and 40% secondary skill. I’ll seriously consider implementing it :)

Thanks!

September 19, 2008 07:08

387 posts(s)

thanks for considering our suggestions and making some changes!
sorry for bugging again, but i still don’t understand why a goalie needs a really different qualification for saving headers (than for shots) ?
If you have a 60-40 skill relation (keeping – speed) for shots, you still need speed (reaction time) for headings aswell, plus maybe a heading-defending skill (but which, in RL ??): 60-20-20 would be more reasonable.

If you’re looking for situations where goalies need special skills, we need to consider maybe these aswell:
- 1-on-1 situation (dribbling skill to avoid being played off)
- free kicks (heading skill for jumping & controll for positioning of the defenders)
- penalties ( …)

What do you think?

September 19, 2008 07:35

637 posts(s)

@Philipp: I know what you mean but in real life there are good keepers who are very good on their line but less in the air to catch headers and the opposite. In Belgium we have for example Stijn Stijnen (keeper of Club Brugge), a good keeper – very good on his goalline but a bitt less in the air.

I think we also need this difference in the game. But with the skill we have for keepers I think it’s difficult to make this realistic. I think using speed for shots and heading for headers is a good solution to realise this in the game. So I think this is the basic of a keeper in the game.

In reallife a GK needs also speed for headers, I know, but then you can’t realise the difference that there is in the game.
Let’s say that this speed is a part of the Keepingskill in the game. In real life there is nothing as a keepingskill.

I agree that a goallie maybe need other special skills for the situations you say.

September 19, 2008 08:00

387 posts(s)

you’re right, we can’t copy real life with just 9 skills ;)

i’m ok with the “heading” for headers. but what you mean with “in the air” is not to mix up with headings on the goal …

September 21, 2008 14:09

53 posts(s)

HEader is a good Improvement!

Congratulations!

Stramazi

October 03, 2008 10:08

387 posts(s)

“Old players will start to have their skills slowly decreased. More details can be found in the game help.”

Will this apply to all existing players or just to the new generated youths ?

October 03, 2008 10:38

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It is already applied for existing players, new generated youths will take too long to reach their 30s ;)

October 07, 2008 06:17

387 posts(s)

“Merchandise value calculation has been changed to reduce the difference between the big clubs and small clubs.”

What’s a big club? Is it just depending on the league / nation points ? If it is so i would suggest to relate the merchandise value and the “big” for clubs on national success (champions, cup winners) and international glory (uefa points for the club)!

October 07, 2008 08:15

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

A big club would be a team with excellent players in the squad, which probably will bring success and titles. I just used the term in a generic way, no specific meaning for the game ;)

October 07, 2008 08:22

803 posts(s)

Nice, my Merchandise rise from 100k to 300k. Now we are talking :D

But I guess board will expect more the next season, there goes my 100% performance :P

Regards

October 07, 2008 11:15

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’m exactly in the same situation as you Filipe, but unfortunately merchandise value will change again soon :(

The reason for that is the change of players values and acceptable wages that will also take place. More information on that soon.

Cheers!

October 10, 2008 13:10

58 posts(s)

About stats decreasing for older players, I think 31 is not a correct age. If we think in real-life players, we got lots of good players in nice form playing over 30 y/o. Let me show some brazilian players in this condition: Fábio Luciano, Marcos, Zé Roberto, Kléber Pereira, Rogério Ceni, Juninho, Alex.
In my point of view, 33 y/o is a more reasonable age to decrease players´atributes.

Cheers!

Lobba

October 10, 2008 13:35

375 posts(s)

I would agree here if…like in real life, some players would reach their highest potential at about 30 y.o. =)

I think here a player can fully develop already at 18 y.o., this means he can play on his highest level for 13 years + some other years because at 31 he will probably lose 6 points (and maybe secondary ones).

As for me, I like the idea that my youths develop to their MAX at the age of 18. So I can live with the fact that they become pretty crap in 14 seasons =)))

October 10, 2008 13:42

58 posts(s)

That´s the point. Players don´t develop to their MAX at the age of 18. I got several players that evolved up to 23 y/o. One example from my team: Jose Echevarria, evolved to 94 passing with the age of 23 (fastticker).

October 10, 2008 13:47

375 posts(s)

I think it can also be a result of recent changes to player’s development.

23 is not a real life age, too =)

I am quite far away from real football biographies, but I know some players have only a couple of years of great performance in the whole career.

But I don’t want RubySoccer to have such system. It’s too complicated for a game.

Fabrizio, new generated players are better on average than the older ones. So it is ok to let the older players go to small leagues or wherever you want…

October 10, 2008 13:49

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

We will talk about the problem as soon as possible and get back to you guys. Thanks for sharing your concerns!
regards

October 10, 2008 14:15

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

A 31 y.o. player will lose only 1 or 2 points during the whole season, in the average. It is possible for a player to reach 33 without having decrease any skill :)

About players improving too fast I agree, we have some future plans to make player evolution more realistic without making it too complex, it’s good to read your concerns about this subject, we are open to suggestions, as always.

Cheers!

October 10, 2008 14:25

375 posts(s)

Maybe it’s better to leave the skills and development as it is now, but add a specific and semi-hidden attribute – experience or consistency…or determination ?

For example, against a weak club from the same league a young player with 90 average skill will play at 100% strength, but playing against a great club or in an international cup the same player will play inconsistent and his average ratings will be unpredictable. So that his average skills wont become 80, of course, but he will play as a rookie.

And this will increase the value of older players, because now we are trying to sell them as fast as possible, but if they have great international experience, I would prefer these players to play in first 11 in Copa Libertadores. Maybe it is also possible to make a semi-hidden attribute – positive influence on teammates ?

Hehe, I wont post it in “suggestions” forum because my last 2 were ignored =)))

October 10, 2008 14:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hheheeh, your suggestions weren’t ignored Alban! We just don’t have enought time to implement such complex and interesting features as fast as we’d like. Don’t worry, in time, they’ll all make it into the game, including this one about player experience, I really like it ;)

Cheers!

October 10, 2008 15:11

58 posts(s)

from Alban:
“I think it can also be a result of recent changes to player’s development.”

The player I was talking about evolved after 23 y/o 7 or 8 seasons ago. Certainly before those changes you said.

from Cesario:
“About players improving too fast I agree, we have some future plans to make player evolution more realistic…”

I think 25 is a good limit age for development. But that´s only my opinion.

October 11, 2008 08:51

803 posts(s)

I agree with Fabrizio Lobba… 25 yo is a good limit. Many players have the best years of their careers at tha age, specialy if they change club and coaches…

Regards