Improvements Discussion

Subscribe to Improvements Discussion 692 post(s), 78 voice(s)

October 15, 2008 06:50

57 posts(s)

Regarding the last changes in the value algorithm, i agree with the new formula except for goal keeper. My 90 keeping goalie is now quoted around 1,2 M… in my opinion, that’s not even close to his real value.

October 15, 2008 08:32

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Keepers value had always been a concern, usually they had high values as just a few skills were used in the calculation, now that we’ve changed that their value is pretty low. We’ll review each skill influence in the calculation, not only for keepers so I guess this is likely to change.

Thanks, Jorge!

October 18, 2008 09:04

637 posts(s)

I post it here because it deals with the improvements in the game.
I find the Newspaper page a good improvement but I would add a button to undo an application for a job in an other team. For the moment you can’t undo this action if you want to stay with your club.

October 18, 2008 10:31

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You can but you need to go to your manager info page either by clicking in the My Profile icon or clicking your name in your home page. But I agree, we could have links to undo the application in more places.

November 27, 2008 01:50

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

from amacb on improvements topic:

Very nice upgrade thanks

Hopefully one day i can put my name there :p

December 13, 2008 00:42

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Deleted some posts from Dr.Gullit. He says he is not satisfied with the latest changes in the match engine. Dr.Guillit, feedback is always welcome, but 2 things:

1) do not post things on the [admins_only] forums. We could code something to simply block non-admins to post there, but we thought that asking would be enough in this “beginning”.
2) We will not tolerate disrespectful behavior in our game. Feedback is always welcome and greatly appreciatted, if done in a civilized manner.

Match engine changes are deeply necessary and we will continue to implement them. When something goes wrong, we will investigate and fix – and we count on you guys to help us finding the problems and potential improvements.

cheers

January 02, 2009 18:21

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Forgot to mention in the players development announcement, all existing players that still have points to improve will need 30 experience points for the next improvement. Afterwards the new rules will apply.

Cheers!

January 30, 2009 12:50

387 posts(s)

international group stages: superb!
but have you already taken care
- that not 2 or more teams from 1 country join in a group
- the groups are balanced (not a group with 4 top ranked teams) via club ranking points
?

January 30, 2009 13:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

No for the first question, yes for the second…to create balanced groups I ignored the teams countries for now to keep things simpler :D

February 11, 2009 12:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’d like to clarify the latest changes on youth improvement system. We have received some complaints that youths were improving too slow. In response to that we’ve changed the system to allow a faster improvement for youth players.

On season start, all the players that are not fully developed receive some potential points that will be earned as they play matches and get experience. In the average they receive 10% of their total potential, which gives them something around 14 skill points to be distributed in all skills during improvements. Youths now receive 20% of their potential in the average instead of 10%.

Besides that we doubled the number of experience points youth players earn after playing a match. This will make they improve twice as fast as they were before.

Hope this was clear enough, if not feel free to drop your questions here ;)

February 11, 2009 12:53

387 posts(s)

what’s the definition of youth players? (academy, >22yro, ..)
Experience points after a match: 2x points fro every type of match, e.g. friendlys now 2 instead of 1 point, cup 4 instead of 2, league 6 instead 3 … ?

February 11, 2009 16:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

youth player = player in the youth academy
2x points for every type of match: 2 for friendlies, 6 for league and cup, 8 for Sudamericana and UEFA, 10 for Libertadores and CL and 12 for Club World Cup

February 11, 2009 17:14

18 posts(s)

Gabriel,

Maybe this rule could be a little different, as some players ask for a contract a little earlier… Besides, sometimes is still difficult to decide if a player with 78 in a main stat will be a good player or not. Maybe this rule could be not for players in the youth academy, but for players until 19 or 20 years (maybe 20 is a little high, 19 should be better).

February 11, 2009 18:46

651 posts(s)

i would also recommend it to be till 19 years…

February 11, 2009 20:44

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I started with the youth academy cause I’m afraid of superstar youths all over the world as we used to have. Let’s see how it goes, 19 should be fine as well.

February 14, 2009 19:46

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Copied from the improvements topic:

Luc Blomme: “free transfer list
select type of player
Fantastic and thanks for listening
cheers Luc”

Ralla: “New Country!”

Luc Blomme: “Nice one Ralla, missed that one.
I must stop smoking that stuff
I wonder how many managers will take up the teams in season 1
Sylvain, Rik, Boos etc heres your national country
Bring on Australia then i can play against myself
LOL

February 18, 2009 10:57

14 posts(s)

I won’t bite for any team, I’m like a sticker…

Further I like to suggest “AZ” instead of “Alkmaar” or do you only know AZ by its city where it’s from ?

February 18, 2009 11:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

AZ sounds good Hopjes. I got the names from a website but if you guys have any suggestions for more commonly used names just let us know ;)

February 19, 2009 23:40

14 posts(s)

Back in the days…. yes back in the days, there were some strange Dutch names they got from a file.
Well as I’m not totally into the game anymore I don’t wanna go after it, but maybe I can find something on my hard disk.

Btw, talking about improvements. I got into the UEFA Group Stage, I have no idea how I did it, but I’m there :)
But that’s not my point, it’s just I didn’t receive a mail with my opponents. Maybe the manager should get one as I waited all season for it and it tick 98 it’s time to play and you could forget it by then.

Nice, let’s go RED SOX, oops wrong game :-D

February 20, 2009 00:24

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

When you say back in the days, are you referring to SS/MS? Cause we’ve got the european name files from Peter Strand himself. Some of them have been modified to contain more realistic names.

Yeah, I kinda missed the group stage message for international cups. I’ll create an enhancement for that ;)

February 21, 2009 06:28

651 posts(s)

thanks for the statistical computer… i hope i can use it more now… previous one wasn’t worth much…

March 02, 2009 19:44

387 posts(s)

new loaning clauses: will matches that players misses due a red card suspension counted as a “1 missed official match”? It shouldnt be b/c it’s probably not the managers fault/will.

March 02, 2009 20:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Matches missed due to red cards or injuries won’t count as missed official matches on loan clauses. ;)

March 03, 2009 17:04

609 posts(s)

official matches played are counted by minutes played? Cause players that are playing less then 35min won’t improve right? What the technical system on that?

March 03, 2009 19:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You’re right, Vaughn, so if the loaned player plays less than 35 minutes he is considered to have missed that match.

March 07, 2009 07:22

120 posts(s)

Donator

Thank for the change in loan´s system.
I got a small suggestion. When the loan period contract is about to expire, can we implement a feature such a extension of the contract if both sides agree and so it is not need for the player to come back to the home team and have to put player again in the loan market…… this can save time and be good for contract than might expire in critical moments of the different competitions…
salud

March 08, 2009 00:21

609 posts(s)

yeah please do! i think i made this suggestion already though. We need it!!!!

March 08, 2009 23:08

23 posts(s)

- National teams? (probably already mentioned, but why not?)
- Reset the server? just to end the test period and newcommers have the same chances as the rest?

March 09, 2009 11:49

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You’re welcome DaMaGo :)
The loan extension is in our plans, it will certainly save time!
National teams? Sure! They will bring a lot of fun, but it will take a while before adding them. Lots of high priorities before ;)
Reset the server? It will probably happen sometime but will be properly announced. There is always the option of creating new dimensions for fresh starts…but not now, we don’t want to spread our users that much.

March 16, 2009 12:06

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

From Vaughn in the Improvements topic:
“gabriel,
did u make it on purpose that u can’t change the contract in wages/turn etc? Haven’t got to see it for myself, but i had a loan running out and i could renew the contract without knowing witch terms i would agree to. Would like to see a little improvement in that.”
It was made on purpose, the renewal terms are exaclty the same as in the original loan. We can change that in the future, I just thought it was better to release something simple first :)