world cup

Subscribe to world cup 51 post(s), 18 voice(s)

January 21, 2009 18:33

120 posts(s)

Donator

I really would like to be able to play official match with south american teams.
Now in order to do that you have to win libertadores or champions, and only play one game….
I now it is not real…. but it would be neat to have a small league between the best position teams as a world cup. Competition will be higher and fun…
salud everybody…
damago

January 21, 2009 20:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

A world cup with clubs…I like the idea, but it would have to replace the current international competitions I suppose. What’s everybody else’s opinion about this?

January 22, 2009 13:31

803 posts(s)

I agree there should be more games with european and south american teams, it would be more competitive and it could balance a little the country ranking :D

But I don’t know about replacing the current competitions, wouldn’t be possible to have both? Maybe this world cup could be played at the beginning of season, with all the semi-finalists of the previous season CL, UC, Lib and Sud… but this is just an idea, we would have to make more changes on our squads to play one more competition, there would be less friendlys, less used players would maybe play in the national cups… on the other hand there would be less loaned players, at least on the begining of the season :D

Cheers

January 22, 2009 15:07

6 posts(s)

I agree with that, and I think that we can adapt or even use the rules that were used to format the FIFA World Championchip for clubs. I remember that this has happened at least twice some years ago and their intention was to replace the Toyota World cup for clubs, which is the one that is used today in Ruby Soccer.
I think that it’s better to play this cup in the end of the Season, and if we didn’t have time, we can move the start of national leagues to the 3 or 6 tick.

Regards,
Dirceu

January 22, 2009 18:24

637 posts(s)

I like Damago’s idea but I am also not sure about replacing the current european/south american competitions. I suggest a competition with 4 groups of 4 teams (like Filipe said the semi-finalists of all international competitions). The top 2 of each group can play the quarter final. And why don’t we play all matches on neutral ground. Then we need only 3 turns group matches, 1 turn quarter-final, 1 turn semi-final and 1 turn final.
It can be played at the end of the current season and the beginning of the following one. Let’s say turn 142 till 13. So there is enough time to schedule cup and current international competitions (even for possible later groupstages).
Cheers

January 22, 2009 19:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Things are getting interesting. I’m not so sure about gathering teams from CL and Libertadores with teams from UC and Sudamericana. But looks like the only way to have enough teams in the competition. I also like the idea of all matches on neutral ground, makes it easier to fit the competition in our schedule, but I prefer to have it ending on turn 143 instead of in the following season. Any more suggestions? :)

@Dirceu: we don’t have Toyota Cup, it’s just that we only have teams from Europe and South America so far ;)

Cheers!

January 22, 2009 19:59

120 posts(s)

Donator

I think i can be done in so many ways, as an example….
2 Best team from each league will play the world cup(that can give a plus to sign for a team in a weak league). The World cup can be play in one country in each season, that will be like a neutral ground and maybe a third team from the country sponsor of that world cup could play.
It can be play in the same ticks as friendlies, so best team player will suffer from that, injuries, stamina….which will level fight for country leagues, cups, and international competition.
The transfer market will benefit as well, teams will need to plan formation for each competition and without a full squad probably they will drope from some like maybe country cups competions, leaving the door open for other teams to have a better change winning those competions, and so a faster way to be able to improve.
I´m sure better ideas than this can be discuss. I sense that if done, it would be really fun.
salud amigos
damago.

January 25, 2009 05:16

56 posts(s)

Hi all,

This is a great idea, I think that this new Championship could be played by the 8 best team from each league, total 64 teams, 2 games in each round (if you take the final you have to play 10 matches). And this World Cup could be played between National Cup and international competitions, and could be played simultaneously . As Damago says, this is very hard for the teams, and you will need a full squad.

Kind regards

Vicen

January 25, 2009 17:29

678 posts(s)

I also think just selecting teams from UC or Cl wouldn’t be totally fair. I think all countries should be involved. For example in my case. There are hardly to no teams of france in any quater or semi final, but I do think teams from there should get the chance to represent there country. Its all in good fun right?

This makes me think about managersim again. There you had an actual world cup. Players playing for there national team. At certain times this was quite annoying since you had for example a cup game at the same time. You then lacked some of your “superstars” for the cup game since they had national duties. It made sure you had to manage your team in the right way in order to win the games and keep track of the stamina of your players.

January 28, 2009 17:53

53 posts(s)

Donator

Hello to all,

I think it’s a great idea! But I think it’s not very realistic idea. I mean, in the real world unfortunately we don’t have this word cup. And we have to be carefull, because the real great international Cups (Champions League, Libertadores, UEFA, …) can lose a lot of interest if we create a new Super Cup… It’s a difficult decidion… But anyway, I think it can be good idea to allow to the best teams to play against. I propose something similar to Vicente proposed, the first 8 teams of all the current leagues. But we have to allow a place too for the National teams… Do you remember Managersim? there we have National teams and suddenly we lost players for that international friendlies and Cups… :) Best regards!

Javier.

January 28, 2009 19:32

120 posts(s)

Donator

I would like to see games with the best teams berlin, genoa, atletico, recre, benfica……and so many agaist boca, america rn, parana, gremio, cruceiro…..and others…..
We talk about a reset to level things….. i think they getting there, now there is a lot of new strong teams in every ligue…..
If you play the world cup, no need to loose interest in any competition , just need to choose priorities, and most important make sure to hit the market buying to be able to have 2 good squads to fight for as many competition as you can. this will level things… it will create a better chance for small and medium teams to win a competition, !1st goal of anybody new to winning finals!!!!.
a new competition like the world cup will affect in the manager competion and hall of fame. Maybe a new point system will chance, and make national cup to have more than one point for winning it.
I wish more people will post on this forum, most of us will respond yes to a world cup competion, i think..
salud y mussa suerte
damago

January 28, 2009 23:00

25 posts(s)

I agree with DaMaGo, it doesnt matter if its realistic or not, we dont need to “copy” the real life, more competitions equals more fun!!!!!

January 29, 2009 14:05

678 posts(s)

agreed. What’s the point in doing it realistic? Some of the values of players aren’t realistic anyway :). I see no problem in creating a worldcup, but selecting 8 teams from each country might be a little tomuch. I would rather see top 4. We have 8 countries so that would give us 8 groups of 4 (32 teams like in a real world cup, only with teams :P). I personally think it would be a little tomuch to have an entire long “competition” beside the regular league games. But simply doing it like a world cup would be a great idea. Just have the group stage, which would meen 3 or 6 games (playing home and away) and then top 2 or 3 for example advance to the quater finals.

January 29, 2009 17:37

637 posts(s)

I also like the idea of selecting the best teams of each country. Why don’t you take the 6 best teams of each country and the finalists of each national cup. This would also make the cup interesting. If these finalists are with the 6 best teams of the league you can select the 7 and the 8 best team of the country.
What do you think?

January 29, 2009 22:07

25 posts(s)

I think that two teams per country is enougth, the cup winner and the league winner.

February 10, 2009 10:46

678 posts(s)

Was this idea dropped already? I still this idea tbh, but nobody has commented on it yet.

April 17, 2009 13:11

120 posts(s)

Donator

STILL DREAMING!!!!!!!!
I cant wait to see a World Cup with the best teams playing in a league, better than just 2 teams in a one game final, once each season….. to me boring!!! need the fun….. but just a dream….
saludo2

April 17, 2009 16:12

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The idea has not been dropped, just postponed ;)

April 18, 2009 01:03

609 posts(s)

I think you make it more special if you don’t do it that often and really select the “best of the best”, as in only league winners. If you make a club world cup every 2 season, with 2 leagues winners (or runner up when a team wins the 1st place 2times) from each country and let them play 2 times on neutral grounds in like the middle of the season in groups (after cup and before cl/uefa etc). Then the finals at the end of the ticks, so after CL/uefa etc.
This would make the hunger to get 1st bigger and more exciting. Maybe a little reward for the winner?

April 25, 2009 01:58

120 posts(s)

Donator

I think it will be a good time to try…..
The think is too long period from the end of competition (much more if you are out of international), and the start of the new season to around turn 18…. too long. A world cup will fill perfect. If not, at least we can implement a break in the middle of the season, where you can work out injured players or low stamina levels, or even find some other players on the market…..

what you think??

April 25, 2009 05:51

375 posts(s)

My players are already very tired, so I don’t want them to compete in one more cup. If you really need a challenging global cup, just unite Libertadoras and the CL. And I think it will be quite enough. Don’t forget that Benfica and Hertha have 30 and 34 league games against rather weak opponents, so they can be more competitive in international cups which will require not only skill but also enormous stamina and a very long bench.

April 25, 2009 08:08

299 posts(s)

With a top team having to play so many competitions (4-5), it is surely going to take the toll on the manager. You would be obligatesd to log in every tick to check and recheck formations.
Indeed, there are only 11 countries in FT and 9 in MT. All countries should get a chance to compete with each other with their teams
However the best thing would be to replace the 2 continental cups, with two world cups and prolong both competitions a bit for more teams and more fun along the way

cheers
D

April 25, 2009 10:24

387 posts(s)

anyway, i suggest (again) to make the schedule more realistic. all cups and competitions on parallel modus. national cup has its final ~turn 110 and internationals start around ~turn 40. a world cup can be done in the season break (turn 1 to ~30), if required.

May 07, 2009 09:30

678 posts(s)

So…. how is that wold cup idea coming allong? I would love to play some brazilian teams

May 07, 2009 11:02

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We’re not planning anything soon, lots of high priorities to work on first ;)
Different from you, I’m tired of playing against Brazilian teams :D

May 07, 2009 12:08

375 posts(s)

Brazilian Serie A is actually harder than World Cup =))

May 07, 2009 13:06

120 posts(s)

Donator

HEHE, it is only one way to find out. PRIORITY NOW!!!!!!
Alban, i dont think you will not have a chance against at least 10 top teams in the other side.
´Sorry i´m mean, but i dont think than America RN ego actually reflect the hard work of other brazilian team who in my opinion will do much better in a worl cup.

Please if you want you´re team playing a WORLD CUP, speak up!!!

May 08, 2009 15:40

609 posts(s)

well damago, i want to speak up….but i think it’s more importent to first make the match engine better/perfect before adding an other cup. However i like the idea very much!

June 15, 2009 23:20

120 posts(s)

Donator

SAME ALL THING…… CL AND LB Together …. or what ever….. and I said it before…. not chance for Brasil to be ranked Number one, because Europe will sweep it out …… easy…… so please let the good times roll…
juas……..

June 18, 2009 22:13

678 posts(s)

I ain’t scared in taking on those arrogant brazil guy’s :). They think they own the place!!! Europe is going to whipe the floor with you :)