Forums FastTicker

1Bn to spend and no options

Subscribe to 1Bn to spend and no options 40 post(s), 10 voice(s)

June 09, 2013 10:18

340 posts(s)

Any ideas?

/BK

June 09, 2013 11:08

803 posts(s)

One of Middlesbrough young keepers, if you plan to improve and sell players seems to me a good option…

June 09, 2013 12:16

340 posts(s)

can’t trade with same manager more than 1 player / season, perfect example of rules needed revision.
/BK

June 09, 2013 12:22

678 posts(s)

No, those are are in place for cheating reasons. Filipe can confirm this rule helped to prevent something quite recently with that Ceb Cop / Romain coppens dude…

Didnt you recently make a post saying “Contrary to others strategy I sell great players. Just to challenge myself to find equal replacement”. Now no offence, but if there were many options out there, it wouldn’t be a challange now would it? :)

June 09, 2013 12:30

803 posts(s)

Yeah, that rule should remain, it has some disadvantages but the help it brings is more important.

About the money, at the moment I think the best player in the market is Antonio Prados from Sunderland, 1Bill is a bit too much, but I would pay 700M if I had the money, very nice lad, the best in Sunderland for many years :D

June 09, 2013 15:24

340 posts(s)

Really, the rule is to prevent cheating, I get that but it prevents playing.
Think about it and let it sink, it has a meaning.

/BK

June 09, 2013 15:52

678 posts(s)

How come you bring this up now btw? This rule has been in place for about 40+ seasons….

June 09, 2013 17:26

340 posts(s)

Doesn’t matter the background.

Now being more important is quite logical as there are not many good players being sold around. Few good guys do that and once you done deal with them you can not do another before next season. Another reason this being more important now is because the money is gone at the end of season, while earlier it’s shame you had to wait but at least you could save the money for future deals.

Now selling/buying has lost is meaning. The season investment solutions was good for much cheating prevention but introduced other issues, THAT need to be addressed, and that is what I am doing.

If you have done any software development you then would know that some solution introduce other side effects that need to be fixed as well. The one transfer/season/manager rule has now a bit different meaning after the new investments implementation. Surely I can not be the only one to see this?

/BK

June 09, 2013 21:43

74 posts(s)

“What are you talking about, you can sell/buy players, maybe not the ones you want for the money you have/can offer but that has been the reality of all games of this type”.

this is a quote from someone, which is a possible answer to this thread’s subject. here’s the one million dollar question: which manager did tell us the sentence above?

a little help… it was the same manager who told, 3 months ago: “If I can not buy one more player ever again in this game, I would still enjoy the game”.

June 10, 2013 07:30

340 posts(s)

Again I am not at all surprised the same suspects give their voice to offer expertise, which is still impossible to read here..

You are missing (as always) the point.
I do not care if I can find a player or not to invest the 1Bn+ I have in the club transfer budget at the moment.

I am pointing towards a flaw in the game. Surely you can see the problem I am talking about?
Buying / selling player is possible. I have nothing to object to that.

The problem really is the game not offering enough functionality to invest that money you get in transfer during the season as the money is gone at the end of the season. I am pointing a flaw and fact that is a direct result of the latest (Investment) changes. If I did not care about the game I would not offer this free advice. Take it as you like.

And Rui, funny you actually did look for my comments and quoted it or maybe you had written them in your diary, whichever the case it proves that you like my ideas!! ;)

/BK

June 10, 2013 08:02

609 posts(s)

The money you have left is transfered to board points next season, so i won’t go to waste.

June 10, 2013 08:27

340 posts(s)

Vaughn, I am aware and perhaps it’s a bit of an issue thinking 1Bn is a lot of money (considering the older valuation) and I might get 5 extra points that will do absolutely nothing for my club. Then the price is a bit hefty in my opinion.

Maybe this needs a re-thinking.

/BK

June 10, 2013 12:31

639 posts(s)

Donator

I mentioned before that some of the money left (or budget actually) should be transferred to the next season. If I remember correctly the developers agreed, so it’s probably a question of time and finding the right balance.

June 10, 2013 13:59

803 posts(s)

Yo guys are the ones that wanted this sistem, it can’t work with money being transferred to next season. If that would happen in a few seasons we would all have 1 Bill in the bank and no player could be sold.

The market starts to have some nicier players now, and I believe when the Investments become more atractful there will be more reasons to need money, right now the only motivation is if you want to buy a player for some crazy offer. If you’re not planning on doing that Berhan than you shoulnt gattered so much money, the game cant predict every decision a manager takes, it was your choice to sell those players knowing you woudn’t have were to spend the money.

June 10, 2013 15:14

340 posts(s)

Dimitri, I thing going back to keep the money is even worse solution to this. It would welcome the cheating even more with the current transfer amounts and price tags.

Filipe, the solution with investments is a good one. It does solve what it was designed to do, it also introduced other problems that need to be solved. That cycle is very normal in the field of software development. Surely your solution to the problem is not as you suggest “do not sell players knowing you won’t be able to spend the money”?!

Is it only me who is bothered by this or you stopped caring long time ago?

And also, I will not pay 1Bn for one player, even if I had 100Bn, because I value players in different way than others I guess, I’d rather let the money be gone at the end of season. Or perhaps just buy someones player at the very end of the season to make them worry about it, haven’t really decided yet.. :)

/BK

June 10, 2013 21:08

639 posts(s)

Donator

“Yo guys are the ones that wanted this sistem, it can’t work with money being transferred to next season. If that would happen in a few seasons we would all have 1 Bill in the bank and no player could be sold.

You do realize I said “some of the money left”? So you still lose money (budget) at the end of the season, but instead of 100%, it’s 60% (or another percentage), and you keep 40%.

June 11, 2013 23:04

296 posts(s)

This is a pointless conversation. Absolutely pointless. We all know the flaws, they are obviously thinking about making the game better. Adding in more board areas etc will all happen at some point . Since I’ve played ruby soccer I’ve known it’s far from the finished article, if you don’t like it then your not forced to help out and play it. If your like me and many others and see the potential then just do what developers ask and put it in the suggestions forum.

June 12, 2013 07:41

340 posts(s)

Why is it pointless?
We are discussing whether there are flaws or not after the recent investment-area changes. And how it can be solved. Putting suggestions on the suggestions forum would be the next step for those who would like to that.

What is most pointless is probably your comment, but that is my opinion (and now even mine :) ).

That is always the deal around here, as there are so many “experts” on everything, everyone know exactly how a great game should work like, perhaps that is the downside and one of the reasons the game is in this state.

/BK

June 12, 2013 18:21

609 posts(s)

Why won’t you sell your best players? Because u need them and they won’t leave out themselve. This has been the point before the new system and still is. The only thing different really is that everyone can have money at the beginning of the season which wasn’t the case before. But does this change the transfermarket? No.

June 12, 2013 20:13

340 posts(s)

Right, but I’d like to tackle the problem from a different perspective, it really is about game mechanics rather than good or bad.

1.New things were introduced.
2. They did solve some problems, and created some other issues.
3. Issues should be solved, if everyone (or game designers/owners) really think this is an issue.
- some explanation to my logic here. Since we are dealing with money, 1Bn (in reality at least) is a very big deal of money. The game currency has become worth peanuts, so we could really change to call it peanuts/points/coints/gems/whatever instead of euro/dollars. I thought simulation games were meant to simulate reality as much as possible. From that perspective the game has a HUGE flaw. 1Bn of game currency in ANY football management game is a HUGE amount of money and you can do a lot of things with such a sum. THIS is the problem really and in my opinion needs to be addressed.

And again, it’s not really that important how it was before and how it is now. New problems exist – we need to find out the best possible solution to make it “right”, no?

Again it is about the game and not about my specific situation, I am not complaining, trying to make you see the problem.

/BK

June 12, 2013 21:15

609 posts(s)

Wouldn’t make any difference if they took out some zeros. Even if i would have 10 dollars in my bank and the transfer market is empty, the 10 dollars will be worthless to.

June 13, 2013 07:40

340 posts(s)

Exactly, so that is an issue needed to be solved, which is exactly what I am saying!!

/BK

June 15, 2013 18:54

828 posts(s)

sold for 1 billion recieved 200 million from the transaction. lol i knew it would happen and i wanted to make my point. restrictions are fing up the game. theres is absolutely no one worth buying on the transfer market other than my players. :)

look at how many managers we have lost. this game is dieing. yeh we get it. you have a life and shit to do fair enough ( talking to the owners) but going 2-3 months now with out any improvement implements is just not acceptable. now i dont say that its unacceptable just only for my own standards, but unacceptable if you plan on having a viable fun game in the future. people are leaving. we have been here before. we saw it in managersim. and before that also. ive seen it in worldelitesoccer. over at World elite soccer a game manager bought the game from the owner due to lack of work to improve and constant crashes ect. in rubysoccers case . we are slowly going the way of managersim. we can talk and talk and say id like to do this and that, but when zero actions are taken , or WHEN they are taken people bitch and moan about improvements because they want the useless est value or w.e

the owners need to form thier own vision for the game. whilst paying attention to a stratifacation or priorities of in which order these improvements should be implimented, we havent seen anything since april its fucking june. im sorry if i sound harsh but no one else has the balls to say the truth . i speak honesty and if i see something wrong in a game i love, i get passionate and ill stand up and say.

i predicted everything that has happend to this game. and i recieved shit talk from everyone and i still couldnt give a shit about that. im laughing really.

its time for action. im starting to think there may be an issue with procrastination or lazyness. but in retrospect i again understand people have lives. but on the contray. why start or run a game when you have NO time or dont want to make time to develop , fix, and improve this game ?

honesty

June 15, 2013 20:59

639 posts(s)

Donator

Yeah, I saw it too, people have stopped playing the game. It’s possible that has to do with the changes, it can also be because of other things (real life issues). There are also some new managers. But if there are less managers now than before the big change (the developers probably know that is the case), this is an indication that it wasn’t a good change…

In general, I think the developers were looking too much in a big scale, and not at individual level. You have a lot of money at tick 144, then the new season starts and suddenly it’s all gone. Is that fun? No, it sucks.

Now, assuming I’m right, it also means that a lot of developers time have been wasted (or at least could have been used more efficiently). Nothing to do about that, apart from trying to make more time and fix what need to be fixed.

June 16, 2013 00:45

74 posts(s)

“I will not pay 1Bn for one player, even if I had 100Bn, because I value players in different way than others I guess, I’d rather let the money be gone at the end of season.”

yeah, yeah, yeah.

ps – unfortunately, RS has became much less fun with the new economic model. it was predictable. 3 minutes/day is enough to play the game as it is now. i wish good luck to developers in the next step.

June 16, 2013 08:48

678 posts(s)

@Davison: Sorry dude, but I really feel I need to say something else this time. Usually I’m on ‘your side’. I don’t recall ‘picking on you’ openly in the forum, but seeing you have such a nice speech I would love to point out some statistical facs for you. I think the entire community will agree that you seem to speak your mind the most on the forum. It’s also safe to say that 95% of this is always quite negative about the game. Either the engine is bullshit and it’s all based on luck. Either the economy is shit and there are no good players for sale, except the ones you are selling off course.

Here is some numbers for you. These are your EPL finishes for the past 15 seasons:

70 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 10.
71 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 14.
72 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 14.
73 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 13.
74 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 14.
75 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 15.
76 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 11.
77 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 9.
78 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 10.
79 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 14.
80 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 15.
81 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 9.
82 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 10.
83 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 13.
84 129 Marc Davison Ends Premiership on position 10.

Now, I feel to some degree, you are not the right person to really complain, since you still need to learn the basics on how to build a great team. I don’t think a different economy or game engine is going to help you.

Let me give you 1 good tip. Perhaps it’s an idea not to sell those good players?

June 16, 2013 08:57

637 posts(s)

Having a lot of money at turn 144 which is gone the turn after is a result of the transfermarket which is pretty dead at the moment and people won’t sell players in the 2nd half of the season because they have lost the player and their money at the end of the season.

There need to be a possibility to use the money the season afterwards. If you still have money left at turn 144 of season 1 you could use it in season 2 together with the money you get from the board for season 2. The money from season 1 that isn’t used at the end of season 2 will be gone. The part of the money left you got from the board at the beginning season 2 you can use in season 3 and so on.

To give a concrete example : if you have 500M left at the end of season 1 and you get 200M from the board at the beginning from season 2 you have 700M to spend in season 2. If you only have spend 400M at the end of season 2 you will still have 200M for season 3 and 100M (500M-400M spend) will be gone. etc
When you sell a player the received money will be added at the money from the season in which he is sold.
This way managers have to use there money.

But there also need to come some contractclauses to bring the market back alive.
In theory I guess this suggestion could work and people won’t be frustrated their money is gone at the end of the season.

June 16, 2013 12:12

803 posts(s)

I think it would help if we had some stats about the number of managers, networks, etc. Dont know if the developers have it but it would Be Nice if we had that information. We could then say if people are leaving or not, right now seems more like the opinion of managers unhappy with this recent changes.

Personaly, i was against the changes but dont think it is a good Idea RO go back now, smaller adqptations to the sistem like Dirk suggested, or the ones predictee by the admins.

About Both BK and Davison situations, it is your fault to Be in that situation, you knew what would happen and gone with it the same, dont blame the game for that.

June 17, 2013 12:55

340 posts(s)

Rui, it’s a bit more multifaceted than the simple way of thinking your post suggests that I have, and since you are a great fan I will let you know how I did think there. First I decided I’d let the money be, and see what will happen with it. Then I thought "nah, I will play my meta-game and actually pay the money for a really crappy player on the nr.2 guy in the Premier league (England), so we get a different champ this season. Wrote to the guy, no response. Then I thought, “ok this is not going to happen, who else deserves the money?”
I thought immediately Davison but I’d pull a prank on him and buy the player at the very end of the season so the money is useless, but I decided that I can’t be that cruel to Davison even if it would have been a cool experiment. So I wrote him and bought the player for NOT 1Bn but 1.2Bn (all my money). Funny the deal went through without Davison raising the transfer amount. So that is what happened. But then again I wouldn’t pay that much money for a single player but peanuts, sure. I bought the player with peanuts, and not money. 1Bn peanuts the price.

Filipe Silva, are you saying this works as it is meant and there is no problems with investments/transfers/prices situation? If you really think it works as it is supposed to then I guess, we have nothing else to discuss in the matter.

Davison being unhappy about the money he lost is really his CHOICE (not fault but ok I’ll accept that label as well), as he CHOSE to assign less points so he could get a lower percentage on the transfers, a simple choice really. Why he did it, is irrelevant, simple cause and effect, that functionality works PERFECTLY (as intended).

My situation is a bit different because the changes has made 1Bn game currency to be worth peanuts, and THAT needs to be addressed. Economy in MMOG is a VERY difficult topic to tackle/handle but it’s crucial that there is a model that works, if not you will be in situation similar as this.

/BK

June 17, 2013 14:37

74 posts(s)

well, at this point you just can’t full anyone here with your excuses

“bought the player for NOT 1Bn but 1.2Bn (all my money)”. if you say so, i believe… but this is what the player history tell us:

Antonio Prados 1000000000 Transfered from Sunderland to Queens Park Rangers

Forums FastTicker