Forums FastTicker

The Middlesbrough

Subscribe to The Middlesbrough 95 post(s), 13 voice(s)

April 28, 2013 07:02

678 posts(s)

play this game and read the forum. This is common knowledge. I think in this case it’s on the rubysoccer wikipedia page

April 28, 2013 09:14

7 posts(s)

so that formula is wrong cause in the wikipedia says that header and dribble has influence for the goalkeeper during the game. so i think you can´t calculate in this manner the keeper skill.

April 28, 2013 11:16

803 posts(s)

I dont recall where I learned this but it wasn’t in the wiki… Probably in the announcement topic on the forum (I’ve been here since ever so I’ve seen every anouncement and change made to the game)…

In any case, I believe those are the most important skills for a keeper Miguel (keeping and speed), you speak true about the Header, but it only influences when the keeper tries to stop a heading shot, from my experience those represent less than 5% of the shots made in a match… Drible only influences when you play with defenders in +1 positions, most teams have them on 0 or -1 positions.

I really only care for keeping and speed in a keeper, if he has nice pass and control the better. Pass because he makes a lot of them in the match, control because if he get many shots there’s a chance he lost the ball and suffers a stupid goal. For both skills I consider Mehmet very acceptable (you can see he’s almost 100% accuracy passing and 85 is a very nice control level)

Cheers

April 28, 2013 12:57

7 posts(s)

Got it…
Cheers

April 28, 2013 17:30

639 posts(s)

Donator

If it’s really 5%, it shoudl be changed. See http://www.byfarthegreatestteam.com/posts/stats-scoring-trends-timing-set-pieces-headers-open-play/ : assuming there’s not much difference in effectiveness of headers and shots, in the premier league about 20% are headers.

April 30, 2013 09:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Filipe’s formula is correct, when it comes to header you only replace speed with header skill. Control is used to make sure the keepers keep the ball rather than defending it and dribble helps him on one-on-one situations if your team doesn’t have any defenders on -1 or 0, as mentioned by Filipe as well.

Not sure about the real statistics, but they might be accurate due to the way most managers player (focusing on center positions rather than wingers). Of course the way they play is influenced by how the match engine works, in this case it could be our job to make it more interesting to use wingers :-)

April 30, 2013 11:52

678 posts(s)

You all seem to miss one point except Filipe. He’s just using this forum to market his players :). He’s better of saying his goaly has 91.2 stopping power then saying “he’s 86 avarge skill”. It’s simple marketing….

Just like it’s better to say “he’s a rising star for your team”, instead of “I have a player I’m selling because I believe he won’t be that good, so please buy him from me”.

Plus, the added bonus now is that he has established a dialoge with the community. He can now BE SURE everyone has checked that goalkeeper because of the discussion that is going on :). This is called ‘creating awareness’ :), which in his case has an inderect effect on increasing sales :P.

All I have to say about this is, Well done Filipe! You got a true branding strategy going here………Google, Microsoft, Coca Cola, Apple and now Middlesbrough…..:)

April 30, 2013 17:51

803 posts(s)

lol Most of that it’s true, the topic is getting a lot of attention because of the “off-topic” but I’m not sure I’m to blame for that :P

About the 86 average it is true, but I think the 91.2 stopping power is much more important, the only important factor in a keeper, Gabriel just confirmed it. I want to sell him because I believe I need at least a 95 SP keeper to fight for the CL, the long turn objective for Middlesbrough. To fight any league other than England, Brasil or Netherlands Mehmet is more than enought. You have a 91.2 Keeper and you’re 1st in Premiership, I’m selling a 23 y.o. Álvaro Pagador :D

Any the case, you must be wrong about the effectiveness of the thing, not one offer yet…

http://www.rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/357777

May 05, 2013 11:08

803 posts(s)

Removed Mehmet from transfer list, but I’ll be listing him next season, probably for a lower price (if I can get 80% transfer value)…

For the managers bidding, sorry for the inconvenience but I’ll need more money next season, not board points :D

Cheers

May 08, 2013 12:48

828 posts(s)

he cheats with rui in many aspects of the game miguel

May 08, 2013 15:00

74 posts(s)

miguel, you should listen to ‘D’ Davison, he’s our wikipedia boss

May 08, 2013 17:46

803 posts(s)

Davison, if you have any evidence you want to present be my guess, if not, stop writing shit. We’re not all children here so insults are not part of our day-to-day. I dont take lightly being called a cheater, even in a forum, by someone noone really gives a dam. If you want to prove what you’re saying you should, and I will be there to prove you wrong.

May 08, 2013 20:33

828 posts(s)

oh im sorry i should have taken the screen shots. fuck off cheater

May 08, 2013 21:54

803 posts(s)

Gabriel, you need to do something to prevent people like this to post in the forums, I dont have to and dont want to take with this crap in a place I like to read and write stuff, there seems to be a soft hand with Davison as no one cares much for what he says, but it has been long enough IMO. If nothing is done and he continues with the same approach I’ll stop coming to the forums.

About what I think are his suspicions, the only attempt of deal I made with Rui in the latest days was for the player Simón Larraceleta, Rui had listed him at the end of season for 90M or something, I offered 82M (all the money I had), for some reason Rui removed the player from transfer list (I think he removed all he had listed)

If he’s not talking about this I dont know what can be, I’m available to explain any deal I’ve made, I’m not available to cheap insult and bad formation.

May 08, 2013 22:40

74 posts(s)

at some point in the past i had the same opinion, Filipe, but i’ve changed my mind. it’s just too funny and i would miss it. let him bring it on :)

wait a minute, Filipe, what are you saying? are you implying that i did with your offer the same i did with ‘D’ Davison offer??? shit!!! i hope you won’t start saying there’s cheating going on with me and ‘D’ Davison… that would be a real insult to me

May 09, 2013 02:16

828 posts(s)

then maybe you and rui shouldn’t try and cheat ? hmmm ? if thats not cheating then i dont know what is.

Rui more than you felipe but you were the intended recipient which means you are involved

May 09, 2013 06:36

15 posts(s)

rui, you should explain what happened to remove suspicion. is true that you have put players for sale, then you removed it, then you put them again for sale and then you removed it again. if he made an offer before you remove the players from the transfer list, it´s normal that he has suspicion. i would think the same. you should explain that cause it´s not normal.

cheers

May 09, 2013 07:16

74 posts(s)

‘D’ Davison, you are just being yourself, ridiculous & dumb, i don’t know about Filipe but i can understand that don’t worry…

explain what Márcio (mptres)? i’m here for ages, everybody knows i’m not a cheat, neither Filipe, and everybody knows who is ‘D’ Davison. when Gabriel log in, he will deleted all these posts but i would like most if he keep them…

(a personal input for you: if i want a +500m player that is for sale i need to sell some players, but if someone buys that player before me i just don’t need the money anymore, cause i would loose it at the end of the season. and then a second player interested me but i lost him again. i even advertise that in this thread, telling possible buyers that they need to buy fast, so you can even say i advertised the cheating :) only a dumb is still trying to understand how the new economic system works… and sees cheating where there’s only frustration because he didn’t take his pills as he should)

May 09, 2013 07:25

803 posts(s)

So if I get it right, any manager that would have offered anything for Rui’s players (I remember they were 4 or 5 players) is a cheater… Rui did that a few times and I remember a lot o people was trying to buy his players, I was just unlucky as it seems Davison was also trying to buy this particular one…

Gabriel, I stand for what I said, he now cleared what the accusation was, only because I explained, I didnt had to do that, or I would have to explain every transfer or offer I do.

May 09, 2013 07:30

74 posts(s)

on a side/ironic/hilarious note, in the old days, there were cheating when people sold players to each other, friends or double accounts, now there’s a new system in town: you cheat by just not selling your players hehehe. cause i just didn’t sell any of my players, you got that, right, Márcio? at least milan was biding, middlesbrough was biding, charlton was biding and a dumb was biding :) i’m a cheat cause i didn’t sell, that’s ‘D’ Davison’ hollywood story

May 09, 2013 07:33

74 posts(s)

you were trying to buy a different player, Filipe, which makes it even more an Hitchcock thing :)

May 09, 2013 08:26

15 posts(s)

I just said to clarify the situation because for other people who do not followed the business and now see what Davison said obviously can have other interpretations. and just for the case, in my opinion if you remove a player from the transfer list just because “some” club is biding it´s agianst the rules. anyway, i don´t think that was cheating in these case.

May 09, 2013 08:40

104 posts(s)

Its not cheating… but Rui you wait always last turn and you cancel the transfer list… in my situation i want one player in your team that player are in my transfer list 5 or 6 season and i fired one player to buy him and you cancel several times de same offer; i loose one player, time and turns with your joke , the other players should do the same to you and certainly you would not like

May 09, 2013 09:09

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I won’t delete anything this time but I would appreciate if you could stop the accusations and offenses.

Davison, we’ve asked you over and over again to watch your language in the forums and to not be aggressive, but you continue to ignore that. If you disagree with someone or don’t like what they’re doing, such as what Rui did you have all the right to say something about it, but you could certainly do that in a more polite way like Lince just did.

Just to add my two cents to that particular situation, it’s not against the rules to do that but it’s certainly annoying. Right now I’m thinking we could add a mechanism to prevent a manager from removing a player from the transfer list more than once or something like that. But I won’t elaborate on that too much on this topic, which has moved away form its original subject some time ago…

Cheers

May 09, 2013 09:24

74 posts(s)

Lince, what do i have to do about what you do with your team???!!! if you decided to fire your player, it’s my fault? lol.

i just wanted to sell if i could buy the players i want. period. my decision. live with that losers.

gabriel, annoying is losing all the money at the end of the season. so why sell if you can’t buy? guess who asked for that and guess who implement it?

yes, create that mechanism so the girls don’t cry anymore.

May 09, 2013 09:49

104 posts(s)

Rui; vou te responder em português pois sera mais para entenderes, eu nunca disse que a culpa era tua ; simplesmente nao tens respeito pelos outros jogadores alem de seres arrogante so porque estas bem posicionado no ranking nao és mais nem menos que os outros e nao tens o direito de tambem vires para ca ofender os outros utilizadores ate porque nao te ofendi mas duvido que terias os no sitio para me dizeres isso na minha cara mas para ofender ja temos um determinado usuario…
O teu raciocinio nao tem logica ao dizeres que so vendes se comprares quem queres… primeiro entao compra e depois poe a venda pois se précisasses do dinheiro para comprar terias vendido antes ora nao precisas….. so fazes isso é para chatear os outros pois sempre esperas o ultimo turno para cancelar e depois um ou dois turnos depois voltas a colocar os mesmos jogadores a venda; nao me atires areia para os olhos porque nao tenho a tua idade. Mas fazes o que quiseres com a tua equipa obviamente.
Como te disse os jogadores deveriam fazer o mesmo ; nao te vender nada nem te comprar nada ai seria engracado; no meu caso nao te comprarei mais ninguem enquanto jogar; so me interessava um jogador que esteve varias epocas na minha pequena lista e quando o Napoli o vendeu nao tive oportunidade de estar online para dar oferta mas ate no meu caso mandei te uma pm a dar te um valor por esse jogador; colocaste a venda praticamente o dobro que eu estava a dar por um jogador velho que esta a perder caracteristicas; dei esse valor na mesma pois estavamos em fim de epoca e mesmo assim cancelaste… e voltaste a por na lista se isso nao é gozar com as pessoas….
No entanto concordo contigo quando dizes que é chato perder o dinheiro no fim da epoca….

Gabriel concordo sobre um usuario nao poder remover logo um jogador que colocou em lista de transferencia para mim pelo menos durante 4 turnos o jogador que esta na transferencia deveria permanecer; ou entao colocar uma clausula de rescisao que seria baseado nas caracteristicas, no valor que o jogador foi comprado e na sua prestacao no clube, como ja foi referido a moral dos jogadores tambem seria bem vinda.

May 09, 2013 18:19

803 posts(s)

Gabriel its not the not being polite I’m worried about, he simply called us cheaters with no explanation about what that cheating could be, or any evidence it was really cheating… I’m all for open communication on cheating, I posted here some cases in the past even, but all the times I presented detailed information and evidences, I dont take lightly being called a cheater so I wont lightly call someone that too. Its simply bad character, and that I can call Davison, he present the evidences for me every time he posts something here.

I dont agree on that rule to make people have players listed, it is a free market and you can have a lot of reasons to list a player and be regretful just after… But if you dont see that I present another argument: If you go ahead with this you’ll have to make people not able to change player’s price for the same time (or the rule itself would be useless), now imagine you list a player for 50M, you get 3 teams biding, one of them bids 100M. You wont be able to change the price and the player will leave for 50M. I would consider that more annoying than a manager removing players from transfer list.

Lince, I dont know what Rui’s strategy was, but I’m sure there was one. He should be free to do that and you knew that could happen, so live with it and move on. I recently fired a top striker because I needed space on the team to buy some star players from Locomotive’s CPU manager (anyone paying attention knows what I’m talking about), of course a manager signed for the team and removed all players from transfer, any the case I still got a player, not the one I wanted and still 4times the price the CPU had listed him :D

May 10, 2013 00:25

74 posts(s)

Lince,

Eu tenho respeito por quase todos os managers. Acredita, és só mesmo tu e outro (e muito mais o outro, deixa-me que te o diga desde já para não ficarem dúvidas).

Tu porquê? Porque eu nunca falei de ti no forum, nem das tuas opções, e já é a segunda vez que vens falar das minhas. E o que é comum a ambas as tuas intevenções? Queixas-te de que não conseguiste comprar um jogador!!!

Está aqui um gajo a ser acusado de cheater e tu aproveitas a boleia para vires queixar-te de uma coisa dessas?! Isso tem um nome: mau carácter. Se todos se queixassem dos jogadores que perdem, o forum rebentava com o servidor só à conta disso.

Da outra vez era porque eu paguei muito por um jogador e tu ofereceste menos e perdeste-o. Ora imagina que todos os managers que já perderem jogadores para ti por causa dos ordenados que andas a oferecer viessem para aqui chorar? Alguma vez eu comentei isso ou qualquer outra opção tua? NÃO. Então estamos conversados.

A minha arrogância para contigo e o outro (especialmente o outro, acredita) vem da forma como falam comigo ou de mim, nada tem a ver com rankings. Podia estar em último que seria arrogante na mesma ao vosso nível, não merecem mais. Se atiras pedras queres que te trate com simpatia? Deves estar muito mal habituadinho. Levas resposta ao mesmo (baixo) nível.

O que é que consideras ofensa da minha parte? Só estou a ver as expressões “loosers” ou “girls” (ambas no plural mais por causa do outro, embora a carapuça também te sirva a ti, evidentemente, depois do que disseste). Deve ser isso. Só pode ser isso que consideras ofensa. Pois então lê o que disseste sobre mim antes. É que convém ter noção do que fazemos para tentar perceber o porquê daquilo que os outros nos estão a fazer a nós.

Quanto ao desafio (muito maduro, por sinal) de me convidares para um frente-a-frente, de modo a confirmares se te consigo dizer na cara isto mesmo que te estou a dizer por mensagem, pois é simples: manda-me o teu número pelo email do jogo e marcamos isso. Estou em Lisboa.

Sobre a lógica do meu raciocínio de compra e venda de jogadores, o meu tem toda a lógica, o teu é simplesmente absurdo. Acompanha-me na matemática (lá está a agorrância… em resposta a quê? À tua arrogância, quem diria), Lince ou lá como te chamas: se os jogadores que estão à venda custam 600 milhões e eu só tenho 380m, explica-me devagarinho como é que eu os posso comprar primeiro, como sugeres?

Tinha vendido antes para quê se os jogadores que me interessavam ainda não estavam à venda e eu não fazia a menor ideia de que iam estar num futuro próximo? Sou adivinho, por acaso? Querias que eu simplesmente vendesse por vender, a 3 ticks do final da época, para depois ficar sem o dinheiro na nova temporada? Isso é que é o teu raciocício lógico? Parabéns (agora não é arrogância, é só ironia…).

Quando eles apareceram à venda, eu tentei vender os meus o mais depressa que pude. Demorei. Vocês demoraram. E perdi os jogadores que queria, primeiro um, depois o outro. O outro gajo já sei que é burro, mas tu também não consegues perceber isto? Porra!!!

Achas mesmo que faço isso para chatear os outros?! Please, what’s the point? Não julgues quem não conheces de lado nenhum, meu caro. Nem acuses sem tentar perceber ao certo o que se passou. Muito menos acusações levianas num forum público.

Eu é que te ofendi? Ganha juízo, pá. Vê lá o que escreveste antes: “i loose one player, time and turns with your joke , the other players should do the same to you and certainly you would not like”

O que é isto?

My Joke?

Os outros deviam fazer-me o mesmo?

Mas alguma vez eu tive este tipo de comentários sobre ti?

É como te digo: atiras pedras e queres simpatia de volta. Cuida-te, pá.

Tu começaste a merda. Quando eu a começo, sou homenzinho o suficiente para me retractar. Isso não é arrogância. Arrogância é criticar e atacar os outros, sem os conhecer de lado nenhum, e esperar delicadeza em troca. Para ti serei arrogante na medida em que o fores para mim.

Mas há que reconhecer que disseste uma coisa acerta: “Mas fazes o que quiseres com a tua equipa obviamente”. Exacto. Então deixa de chorar no forum.

O facto de não me comprares mais ninguém deixa-me muito perturbado. Por favor não faças isso.

Enfim… tudo isto é triste, tudo isto é fado.

May 10, 2013 01:14

74 posts(s)

Filipe, there were no strategy, only cheating. i decided to confess everything at the general forum.

May 10, 2013 01:57

116 posts(s)

Rui, um dos jogadores que voce queria era o Afonso Caldas?

Forums FastTicker