Forums FastTicker

Spending upto 300 million

Subscribe to Spending upto 300 million 55 post(s), 13 voice(s)

March 06, 2013 14:15

241 posts(s)

Spending upto 300 million for a top class player or prospect max age 23.

Please post or send ingame mail.

regards

March 06, 2013 16:15

678 posts(s)

I’m affraid that this isn’t possible at the moment. Currently there are no players who have a worth high enough to be listed for 300mill. You are not allowed to simply list a player for the amount you want. It’s only a 3 or 4 times the amount of the value the player has.

So right now all this money will really do you no good I’m affraid :(.

March 06, 2013 21:18

609 posts(s)

Think he didn’t ment 1 player for 300m :)

March 06, 2013 21:38

241 posts(s)

Well I am not really trying to get a quality player I was just trying to make a point. Thanks for spoilig it :)

I know I will never get a response. 300 mil is worth shit and this update sucks no disrespect to developers.

March 06, 2013 22:16

340 posts(s)

Amac, I think this update is very good, now managers have to manage what they got.
One of the weakest links in the game has been the economy, I think this is major step in the right direction, please try to see it form the perspective of what it means for the game.
It’s still early to see the full result of what this means but surely it has made harder to play in certain (unrealistic) ways.

We are all here for beta-testing and fine-tuning the mechanisms of the game, right?

/BK

March 06, 2013 22:59

828 posts(s)

hes right though, money has ZERO meaning now

March 07, 2013 06:36

678 posts(s)

I believe you are all missing one very important point. There is no cheating going on atm :). Trust me when i tell you, there was plenty going on…..

I’m sure we can balance things out, maybe with some small tweaks, but the economy change was just very very needed. If you only knew the headaches all that cheating provided the Game Masters now and then. I’m sure things will all turn around.

March 07, 2013 06:56

340 posts(s)

Davison, it has the same meaning for all managers though, no?

We should learn from this, that’s the whole idea.

Sly, I am not missing that point, and you are wrong, cheating will always be going on, you have just not seen it.
Read before you post, I am supporting the change, I too think this is good, and in fact if no one would not be able to transfer any player for say 10 seasons I wouldn’t be the one to cry about it. As long as you can make money on transfers, you can cheat. People cheat because they think it’s not a big deal, just a silly game, no one is selling me this and that, I have no chance playing the fair way etc..
The excuses are countless. What needs to be done is steps towards minimizing the needs to cheat.

If you had very clear “cause and effect” on everything in the game, then people would know how to play the game to reach the success they are searching.

For example, I can not figure out why a striker in Premier league is a top striker while his attributes are OK, but compared to many other strikes worse?! Shooting 84, speed 83, dribble, control, and header are above 90, but that still is interesting, as this is not the best striker (on paper) in the league.

Is there something one is missing?
Is it just random?
The random factor should be there I guess, but should it be that decisive?

I think the next step should be introducing “player morale”, that dictates the players behavior, influence on team, performance of self and team, and so on, and that might somehow slow down the player trading behavior of many managers.
It’s simply is unreal to trade 10 players each season, specially if we are talking top class players.

All changes are good, at least for learning.

/BK

March 07, 2013 07:57

828 posts(s)

^ good post spoke my mind there berhan agreee!!!!!!

March 07, 2013 10:50

116 posts(s)

Medium:

Transfer Budget: $435,397,150
Wage Limit: $1,374,934
Current Wage Total: $884,688

Fast:

Transfer Budget: $421,983,749
Wage Limit: $1,721,522
Current Wage Total: $818,096

what to do with that money?
I can not pay the amount that I want the players, and nobody wants to sell superstars.

March 07, 2013 14:04

301 posts(s)

I think we’re all in agreement that the changes to the economy were needed. We can also all agree that with a few more tweaks to how players are managed like player morale and such, other variables, will “force” some managers to sell players that aren’t happy and thus would kick start the market once again. Let’s not forget, with player morale introduced, i’m SURE lots of CPU managed teams will also be selling players. If morale is introduced, i’m sure once its implemented, the markets will get flooded with players on the TLs. Not just by human GMs but CPU as well. But the real question is, in the eventuality that the market dies down after that initial flooding, what will keep it from going stale again? Will introducing player morale be enough to keep the market flowing or will it have a 1 time affect and then die down once again? If the latter, what else can we introduce to keep the market going? Other than player morale, is there any other “variable” that can be introduced to the game to allow for the market to continuously evolve and change and be kept active? I think thats what we all want… but let’s all agree that a transfer market can’t ALWAYS be active… Just like in real life, there should be lulls… i think it was either BK or Davison who spoke about transfer windows… perhaps thats another variable that can be introduced… i guess every change will have to be analyzed and see what kind of impact it has. Just like the change that was just made, it became pretty obvious that other tweaks have to be made as the market is dead right now.

March 07, 2013 16:22

241 posts(s)

Managers deserve the fruits of their own work. When you start breaking down the distinction between somebody who maximizes their economy and somebody who does not, by saying that playing field to be leveled to accommodate those who do or can not, you decrease the incentive for achievement.

Every healthy economy demands activity.

Better to have a flawed economical model than non-existing non-functional one.

March 07, 2013 18:08

609 posts(s)

Isn’t it abit to fast to draw conclusions already on the new system?

Getting 400m transfer budget is kinda your own fault isn’t it? I guess that’s lvl 10, should have spend points somewhere else if you know the transfer market isn’t good atm. I’ve made the choise to get coaching 10 en low transfer budget and spend all my 50m already. A team that is complete or nearly complete doesn’t need 400m atm, so in my opinion it is just a bad way to spend your points.

Managers just have to realize themselfs that there won’t be any players sold for high prices like before and that most of the managers are still waiting for the end of hte season.

March 07, 2013 18:20

340 posts(s)

Charles, are you assuming that every player will think they are a star player and will want either to get a regular team spot or be transferred?
Adding morale could do:
- if player is unhappy he will play better if he gets a chance in the first team (random perhaps), or not
Adding influence could do:
- if influential player is brought, everyone plays X% better for x amount of weeks / a possible youth with star-to-be-chance being generated
- if influential player leaves, one or two of the players that were in player’s shadow can get an extra boost or sudden revival of career.

I think one should really think of terms as unlocking effects when input of some kind is induced on the box called the game. Some effects will be negative, while others will be positive.

I am sure many people mentioned the transfer-windows so I can not take credit but I think it would be a good idea.

amacb, it’s really a choice whether cheaters are allowed to play the game they play or not. I would actually agree with you 100% IF this step was taken to prevent cheaters only. That would have been REALLY bad, but this is a better solution for the game economy mechanism I believe, because now transfers is an option and not a necessity in order to survive (economically). Words well said nonetheless. We all play the game for different reasons and have different goals.
I still think there is too much money in the game, compared to reality.

/BK

March 07, 2013 19:39

803 posts(s)

I agree with Berhan abou the cheating thing, as long as we have cheaters there will be cheating :D As long as we have people there will be cheaters, so…

About the transfer thing, some changes already planed will probably make the situation a little better. If money from previous season turns into points people will have some more incentive to make some extra. Also by removing or updating the transfer limit price there will be a price you can actually pay for those top players…

Right now it is true, 300M means nothing… That´s something makes me believe there are still cheaters…

March 08, 2013 02:15

116 posts(s)

Vaughn,
Fast
Treinadores 10 Determines how often players improve
Fisioterapia 7 70% chance of reducing injured players recovery time by 1 turn, every turn
Olheiros 6 Scout searches can be made every 5 turns
Estádio 10 Penalty on visitor players’ skills (including old players): 3
Transfer budget bonus: 30%
Total wage limit 9 $1,721,522
Transfer Budget 10 $315,800,000
Money from players sold added to transfer budget 10 80%

Medium:
Treinadores 10 Determines how often players improve
Fisioterapia 6 60% chance of reducing injured players recovery time by 1 turn, every turn
Olheiros 5 Scout searches can be made every 6 turns
Estádio 10 Penalty on visitor players’ skills (including old players): 3
Transfer budget bonus: 30%
Total wage limit 7 $1,374,934
Transfer Budget 10 $287,300,000
Money from players sold added to transfer budget 10 80%

March 08, 2013 02:19

116 posts(s)

The money I save this season turn into points for next season?

March 08, 2013 06:31

340 posts(s)

I doubt that money saved will be turned into points.

Next season, you’ll have whatever you have and according to the level you have either increase or decrease. I like this solution VERY MUCH.

Now trading is not necessary, and you still can do transfers and make money.

I made a mistake and thought that people will sell a player or two, got my budget to 300M+, the mission this season was to employ/buy, while next season I will try to get maximum back from transfers (100%) and have a lower transfer amount.

This adds strategy into economics (almost turn based, where one turn is 1 season). Se next season is sell only season…

I think this will work for many people..

/BK

March 08, 2013 13:18

803 posts(s)

You wont get 100% from transfers Berhan, the max you can get is 80%. but even then, why would you want the money if you cant buy better players? This sistem wont work without any benefit from making money, if you have no interest in money you dont need to sell…

March 08, 2013 13:20

301 posts(s)

I agree with Filipe. Tehre is tactics and choices to make with the current model but right now, the choice of selling this season to purchase players this season is null since the market is dead.
In tehory though, once the markets pick up, we’ll see this as a viable option towards spending board points in a specific way. (selling players this year to pickup players this year)

March 09, 2013 01:33

74 posts(s)

“I think we’re all in agreement that the changes to the economy were needed”

no Charles, we don’t.

the thing is, before the changes, you had to manage your economy. now, you don’t. one less interesting thing to do in RS

one thing i learned from ss/ms days is that there will always be people complaining about economy. it’s quite simple: the economy is what we managers make it to be. and i don’t know any other way to make it be fair.

there are cheaters? of course. but so what? deal with those you can, ignore all the others.

what’s the main goal to play a game like RS? i believe is to have fun. do we have more fun now? well, i don’t. now i put my team and that’s it. 5 minutes/day and i’m done. i even have time to read the forums these days hehehehe

well, i believe this new system won’t last longer, but, if it does, that’s ok i guess ;)

March 09, 2013 11:57

340 posts(s)

Rui, no it is not as simple as you say “economy is what we managers make it to be”, it is a well known fact in these types of games that the economy is ALWAYS a big issue, no matter what the game/genre is.
Having a balanced well working economy in a multi-player environment is ALWAYS a big issue that needs to be addressed or the game will have issues keeping it’s players.

Do we want a realistic game or we want a fantasy game, I think the question goes towards that kind of reasoning.

If I can not buy one more player ever again in this game, I would still enjoy the game. And you can buy players, maybe not the top players at the moment but you can still do good deals. And right, what good is the money if you can not buy the players you want?
That issue can be solved not by rolling back to previous state but building more mechanisms that will force managers to really invest in a core first team, and not keep an army of superstars in the squad. If you don’t want to sell your players ust because you want 400M and people can offer only 40M, then the player will go on free transfer and the wages of 400k/week will be tried, but then if you have the budget for it, you can sign them.

Now, if the game had mechanisms that would trigger other players to demand as big wages as the guy signed from the free transfer, then you would have to think twice if you want to offer 400k/week for a great player and thus risking unsettling the first team. Then again if you didn’t have that kind of check, the wage of 400k won’t do anything else but costing the money, then you are not putting a whole solution, only half a solution.

We really need to see what’s coming an that is the insanely big wages offered on free players as no one will be able to pay several hundreds of millions that managers will ask for those.

BK

March 09, 2013 12:35

803 posts(s)

Those crazy high wages are very rare I believe, we have seen some recent ones but still… A manager that joins the game, puts his best players in transfer list for some symbolic prices and then never comes to the game again, you know what that is… Those players probably haven’t gone to the real cheater, but I bet he was one of the managers offering, no surprise those players gone with crazy wages, but as I said, a few cases caused by a bigger problem in my opinion…

March 09, 2013 20:47

74 posts(s)

“Do we want a realistic game or we want a fantasy game, I think the question goes towards that kind of reasoning.”

Hi Berhan, this is other typical argument i saw in SS/MS times :)

Realistic? How many seasons do we play in 12 months? This is a game. And we just have to deal with the inflation, which i must say it was very realistic the way i see it

“If I can not buy one more player ever again in this game, I would still enjoy the game.”

Is it realistic? :) hummmm…

People stop play this kind of games if they cannot buy/sell players, not because other economic problems.

the fact is, i don’t need to manage my economy at the moment…

March 10, 2013 08:24

340 posts(s)

What are you talking about, you can sell/buy players, maybe not the ones you want for the money you have/can offer but that has been the reality of all games of this type. How do you address the issue with offering x amount for a player, manager refuses, then he leaves, along comes a new manager and sells the player for half the money you offered and it’s deal done…Maybe cheating, maybe not..

So again Rui, do you want a realistic game or a fantasy game?

I am not saying that you shouldn’t be able to buy/sell, but saying that I wouldn’t care less if I couldn’t get a player form the transfer market, I’d manage anyway.

Now this made me thing about something else.

How about the buying selling is NOT handled by the manager but by the club agents/lawyers/whoever.
What you could have is (at start of season, when choosing investments):
- a list of great players (listed by pos, skill and team)
- check box with “Season top scorer”
- check box with “Season top defender/mid/goalie/striker” which is the highest average rating for those players.

and simply give the club mission to get that player. That is a game/deal between the clubs.
And if any of your players fall into that category, the club can tell you, that you have until the end of season to GET to pos X, if not, we have to sell this player. Perhaps your top player. Why?
Because the club economists think it’s better to cash in your 100 skilled shooter than letting you finish 8th-12th for 10 season and then he becomes too old to be sold.
SO you have a meta game about keeping your players, if you want to keep your best player, then you have to fulfill your season goal.
We do have goals for seasons but if we do not reach them – NOTHING happens!!
Why not? The management (club) should say, sorry but we simply have to sell, player X, to keep the economy floating.

That can be really fun thing really, to really get the player you want even if the manager would refuse to sell the player to you, then clubs could still make the move possible based on how you both manage with your duties.

/BK

March 10, 2013 08:29

340 posts(s)

Also, another investment entity could be born with that idea, media reach out mechanisms, that would aid you to get the masses behind such a move.
Some players would never want to play for club X, because of the club or because of the manager, the media investment entity would work to increase your moves of the players.

And looking at the current situation with the transfer mechanisms, I think this could be a good solution, because you can always get young/ok players from the transfer marked, but to get the experienced and great players you would have to work a bit harder than just showing some money..

/BK

March 10, 2013 09:15

639 posts(s)

Donator

“How about the buying selling is NOT handled by the manager but by the club agents/lawyers/whoever.”

That would make the game less fun for a lot of people.

On topic, I have an old 90 goalkeeper for sale for almost nothing.

March 10, 2013 10:14

828 posts(s)

^^ who said that ? im not going to read through it to find it

March 10, 2013 10:14

803 posts(s)

Berhan, dealing players is one of the most interesting parts of the game for many people, me included. As the market is now I understand Rui’s point, a developed team needs to find better players, and they should as they have the means for that (much hard work from their managers to do it). At this point you’ll only find a top player in the market if the manager selling is stupid or not a real person…

Comparing to the real life, if this was the situation Cristiano Ronaldo would never leave Sporting, no matter if there are teams willing to pay 15M or 94M for him… Sporting would have no use for 15M, Manchester would have no use for 94M…

Cheers

March 10, 2013 19:31

340 posts(s)

Filipe and Dimitri, read my post fully again.

You will still deal with players, I am talking about the real big transfers. Before this big economy changes you could see a lot of 150M+ deals for good but not so great players.
Is that the kind of deals you are talking about?

I am talking about addressing the issue with people hanging on to the best players because they are not getting paid the money they think players are worth.
My suggestion will unlock buying such players, so even if the manager doesn’t want to sell the player because others can not offer say 400m for a super player, the club could still sell the player, OVERRIDING the managers decision, and the reason is manager not reaching the goal set by the board.

The suggestion will also add an other level of management depth to really try to reach the goals or you may lose a player or two, then you have to start re-designing your strategy. A more difficult game, but a lot more fun.

You will NOW be able to do the BIG deals, but THOSE will take time to put in reality, thus making it not too interesting for the cheaters to get involved in, as it would take time to make those happen.

So this suggestion solves the issue with not being able to buy the players you want and can afford.
Realistic ? Quite so, as those deals will cost a lot of money and in reality the club will sell any player the club feels the offer is too good to refuse, even if the manager opposes to such a deal, right?

BK

Forums FastTicker