Forums FastTicker

Spending upto 300 million

Subscribe to Spending upto 300 million 55 post(s), 13 voice(s)

March 10, 2013 22:53

74 posts(s)

“What are you talking about, you can sell/buy players, maybe not the ones you want for the money you have/can offer but that has been the reality of all games of this type.”

really? are you sure, Berhan? cause the way it was all managers had to sell a few great players so they could have money to buy another great players. it’s what i call manage your economy. for example, i sold top defender Ignacio Lastra to dynamo moscow for 300m so i could buy the next great striker in the market. at the moment, i won’t sell any top player before 35 yrs. is this realistic, as you claim it should be? don’t think so…

“I am not saying that you shouldn’t be able to buy/sell, but saying that I wouldn’t care less if I couldn’t get a player form the transfer market, I’d manage anyway.”

hey, everybody would manage anyway, that’s not the point. the point is to have more or less fun.

March 10, 2013 23:00

74 posts(s)

oh, btw, and to put it on realistic basis, a team that would offer a wage 5x up to a player, there’s not much his club could do to avoid that player to go. the club would be almost forced to set a price and the player would go. in RS, we have loads of star players in a lot of second divisions teams. no logic, no realistic, less fun. this is a fact, not an opinion.

March 11, 2013 09:32

340 posts(s)

I don’t know how you think the game should be like?!

I try to give ideas and suggestions that would make the game a better product/service, more realistic and more than just a market management game. And depending on your personality you can play “many games” within this game, that is my goal, NOT to make it how I would like to play it. Don’t we want bigger audience for the game? Don’t we want to get rid of the cheaters? How do you do it? Not by the way it’s been – for sure.
Taking in new things into your consciousness hurts, I know, but try to see things from other perspective than just your own.

BK

March 11, 2013 11:39

74 posts(s)

it’s not my own perspective, don’t be naif. if it was i would be complaining about all the money i lost and i’m not. i’m talking about having more or less fun. and if we can’t manage your economy, it’s less fun. like if, from now on, you couldn’t manage your tactics, it would be less fun. i believe it’s better for the game to have more aspects to manage rather then few. it’s pretty simple

cheers

March 11, 2013 12:28

340 posts(s)

Rui, cool then.

I am guessing RS won’t make the changes suggested, I will do them on my game and we can talk again in 6 months.

Actually it is your own perspective (and few others), you want the old ways back (the chaos) so you can manage your own economy. Management game is not ONLY about the economy and transfers, it’s the whole picture. People complained about not being able to buy/sell stars, I presented a solution. If someone does it or not, not really my decision, but to claim the old ways were better is just insane. It was cheater’s paradise. Be honest, it was bad. Maybe you have played all management games like that. Buy low, sell hight, like farmville only football players.. Come on, do you want to see another game like that? I want to see a game that is better than the rest.

Anyway, we’ll talk in the subject in 6 months again.

/BK

March 11, 2013 13:54

74 posts(s)

i haven’t made any comments about your solution :)

buy low/sell high is what low/medium real clubs do all over the world to became better one day be a top club. RS problem is that cpu clubs buy players for stupid money, that was the biggest problem in my view.

yes, i claim the old days were much better :) (but maybe i’m wrong, i have an opinion but i understand it could not be the best one)

one thing is true: now i set my team, 5 minutes/day, and that’s it. i spend more time talking to you at the forum than playing the game :)

ps – there will always be cheaters. and one thing i never understood is to cut the fun of honest managers because we have cheaters. cheaters used to piss me off in ss/ms days but then i learned this: just play the game and ignore them. there’s few sucessfull cheaters and those ones you have to kick out from the game (even if they came with other account, they will have to start over again until they can have sucess again and that is not so easy nor fast)

see you in 6 months then :)

March 11, 2013 22:25

340 posts(s)

no no, you’ll see me every day, you’ll see the suggested things working (on a game) later on, work has begun… ;)

Anyway, I think it’s very nice not having to worry about transfers for a while.

March 12, 2013 14:15

123 posts(s)

Well, now i,m thinking like Rui. I like realistic, same if have cheaters…
I,m waiting. Telling the truth, not enjoying the game now like before…
Now, its money for nathing (Pink Floyd). No players to buy…
Will wait. If dont have good options, i still like SS. So, Go,gogoggogogo….

March 12, 2013 20:25

803 posts(s)

Just be patience guys, I’m sure Gabriel and Danilo will understand our preocupations and make things better for all, unfortunatly we can’t pay them to work 24h a day for us :D

March 13, 2013 12:08

340 posts(s)

You guys serious or joking?

I am talking about creating a product/service/brand that will be something people can play and enjoy when it’s ready, and you are moaning about not being able to buy this and that player..

Talk about pearls to the swine… Really embarrassing..

/BK

March 13, 2013 13:50

123 posts(s)

And now, with the players injured so many turns, i,m getting angry…Sure

March 14, 2013 00:25

296 posts(s)

Its realistic, they are only injured for one or two games max, makes u need a good squad.

March 14, 2013 01:04

123 posts(s)

No, not one or two games. Now is more than 10 and 20 turns…….and in the medium ticker…..its too much

March 14, 2013 09:09

639 posts(s)

Donator

It’s good though, otherwise physio is totally pointless.

March 14, 2013 13:12

803 posts(s)

I dont think there has been any change, Gabriel would let us know. You’re just unlucky manuel… I continue to have no care for injuries, double yellow cards are much more offen than those.

March 18, 2013 07:17

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

This topic is a good read now that I’m back from holidays. I’ll just let the discussion continue for now and mention that we will consider all the feedback while improving the new system. The initial idea as I said is to convert the remaining transfer budget into board points somehow. I can’t promise it will be working next season as I have a business trip tomorrow and will be unable to work on RubySoccer for the rest of the week.

@manuel: no changes to the injuries frequency or duration yet; we want to make the physio area more important but as Filipe said we will announce it properly when we change it.

March 18, 2013 12:45

678 posts(s)

I would like to point out 1 important thing I’m not sure everyone is realizing. I think lots of managers now feel the market is dead, since there is no incentive to sell your players. I think people are forgetting 1 thing. I’m not sure how often other ‘big clubs’ sold great players, since I feel this wasn’t the case that often. Most of the time the good big clubs don’t want to sell their best players. I mean, why should they? I noticed plenty of kickass strikers with some of my competitors, but let’s face facts, why on earth would they ever sell to me? There is more than money in rubysoccer :). They usually have a lot of money already, so there never was an incentive for them to sell anyway. At least there never was for me anyway. I never sold my own stars. I think this issue will always remain. What is important is that you can still convince the smaller teams to sell their 1 super star for a lot of money in order to buy 3-4 good players in return. I also agree with something Rui Antunes said. I also think it sux CPU teams sometimes have kickass superstars who will retire there. This game is about humans, so the CPU’s are here for our amusement. I think those players should be in the TL from time to time and not get ‘wasted’ on a CPU team. With managersim you could offer money for players from the CPU and from time to time they would accept your offer. Perhaps this could be an idea for the future?

Now when I had a ‘big club’, there were plenty of players who I fully developed but who did not reach a CL competing level. However, those players are more than good enough for the lower teams to help them perform better, and thus get more board points etc etc. To get in to that ‘positive spiral’ so to say. I’ll leave the details to Gabriel, but what I’m thinking is that if smaller clubs don’t have a good budget, they should at least be able to get 80-100% for their sales. Thus they can ‘create’ a budget from players sold. Right now I’m a small club, but I simply could not put points in “money from sales’. So even though I had offers to sell certain “young stars”, I couldn’t since I am only getting 20% of the selling price. So if there is some way of tweaking it, that small teams with no budgets still get money from players sold, I think this could be a good change. Hopefully this way the bigger teams can still spend their big budgets and get those ‘superstars’. In return they can sell the lesser players for ‘cheap’ to the smaller teams. Maybe see it like a balancing scale? That you can’t have both. It’s either a big budget or lots of money from players sold.

March 19, 2013 10:35

74 posts(s)

Sly, you didn’t sell your stars because you could have money from selling other good players (which is fine) or the shity ones to cpu teams (which is the biggest problem RS economy has, i keep saying).

there was a time when cpu teams wouldn’t buy and i had to sell some very good players to buy others. (the way market was i even had to sell some stars to have around 800m so i could buy other star, to a different position)

you never sold your stars and that’s why you didn’t have much money usually. that’s a strategy, perfect, exactly as it should be. strategy. you don’t have that need now, the way i see it. what do you do? you form players, which is what you like most and that’s why you like this new model: the market is close and you don’t mind to wait 7 seasons to build a new team from start and then fight 5 to 8 seasons for titles and then start all over again. i think that is pretty cool, as you know, but there are other ways to play the game and i don’t believe all of us should go on the same direction. but the way the game is, your way it’s the only way. i say, ok, let’s do it, but it’s not a step up but a step down (in my opinion, of course, might be wrong).

“What is important is that you can still convince the smaller teams to sell their 1 super star for a lot of money in order to buy 3-4 good players in return.”

seems to me you are trying to see what doesn’t exists, but no problem with that :) it’s you defending the new model :)

good luck in MU

March 19, 2013 13:43

803 posts(s)

I agree with Rui, would say for those who take the “starting with youngsters” strategy at some point even they need to get some better players. I know I do. Forming a team with many great talents dont garantee you get many top ones. I used to sell many of those great ones for great values, and be abble to buy one top player. Right now you wont find even a nice developed player in the market, and I believe things will get worse if nothing is done. You can say the game is playable without that, but for many managers dealing was a great part of the game, and if we can have both forming and dealing strategies, why shouldn’t we?..

March 20, 2013 22:14

828 posts(s)

i was lucky to find a midfielder whom matched what i was looking for… for a decent fair price. but thats after a complete season trying to buy such a player.

the market is dead

March 23, 2013 12:52

609 posts(s)

The market isn’t dead. Every time i try to buy a player i want, someone else gets it with a higher wage offer. I have tried several of times to buy players and didn’t won. I even found a player in tick 9 i wanted, but didn’t have ti budget for. Guess what, after tick 13 the player was hired by an other club.

So in my opinion the market isn’t even close to dead.

March 23, 2013 13:44

74 posts(s)

come on Vaughn, with all the respect, you manage a div 1 team. the market will never be dead for those teams, at least i hope. if that happens some day, it will be the end, a kind of RS final judge :)

March 23, 2013 14:53

609 posts(s)

A div1 team can also buy 89/90 avr players :)

March 23, 2013 17:38

74 posts(s)

can, but won’t ;) cause there are only a few at the market each season and lot’s of big fish going for them… if you found some, please tell me where :)

March 23, 2013 18:58

803 posts(s)

The market is not completely dead because there are still managers doing crazy stuff like selling Andy Sullivan for 50M at season end. All the respect I have for François was questioned because of that sell. As the market is, can only be explained with some heavy drinking the night before :D

The players you speak Vaughn are mostly young ones being sold by CPU teams (fortunately they didn’t adapt as humans did). And you have that much competition because there are so few good players being sold that everyone is bidding any time one does.

Forums FastTicker