Forums FastTicker

where are the cpu buyers? :)

Subscribe to where are the cpu buyers? :) 35 post(s), 8 voice(s)

October 06, 2011 08:18

678 posts(s)

Man I use to like selling to the cpu’s. They atleast were willing to give you something for a player.

José Almeida (32 years old)
Position: A
Side: C
Keeping: 35
Tackle: 71
Passing: 79
Shooting: 92
Speed: 89
Dribble: 83
Control: 90
Header: 90

I’m asking 2.1 mill? Why the hell can’t I sell this player for this amount…

Héctor Barajas (34years old)
Position: M
Side: LC
Keeping: 36
Tackle: 76
Passing: 91
Shooting: 79
Speed: 75
Dribble: 91
Control: 93
Header: 89

1.5 mill!! I meen seriously?

Incendio Torres (34 years old)
Position: M
Side: RC
Keeping: 36
Tackle: 89
Passing: 92
Shooting: 70
Speed: 91
Dribble: 82
Control: 89
Header: 89

Great M-1 player with his tackle. How come no cpu is willing to pay 3 mill for this? It’s a steal I tell ya!!!

October 07, 2011 21:18

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

CPU teams were too fond of good old players, now they prefer a long-term strategy, hiring younger prospects or players they believe might be useful in a few seasons. I’m sure I’ll miss them buying my veterans as well. Let’s see how this change will affect CPU squads.

October 09, 2011 21:44

24 posts(s)

OK, but, have you though in the bubble effect?

Mainly, we all accept that there was an unreal market of old players. Unreal? Look at some Brazilian teams (Ronaldinho, Rivaldo…), many Greek teams and not first line teams buy old players (Mateja Kezman in BATE Borisov, for example), and the greatest example is AC Milan.

Also, if you splash a bubble suddenly, all actors will be economically punished so hardly.

I agree on that change, but I do not agree on making all CPU teams in a development way, because of:

- there is a certain need of market movements superior to the one in the last turns
- there are real teams buying and betting for old, or simply not young, players

So, I suggest to make 2 different types of CPU teams: one as now, looking for very good options to make future, and others searching immediate results (ok, just look at actual FC Barcelona and Real Madrid philosophies and strategies, Barcelona mainly from young players development, R Madrid mainly buying big stars)

October 10, 2011 10:36

803 posts(s)

You are talking about superstars ghuardian, those will always be sold no matter their age, in the game there are a lot of examples, check Tigre’s history :D

The kind of players Sly is talking about are the ones we usually want to get rid off when we start a new team, old average players that most CPU teams already have or would have just with a few player improving strategy… Also in real life most old players leave their teams by no money, thats the equivalent to being in the free transfer market and hired for some other team…

October 11, 2011 13:58

24 posts(s)

Yeap. But in real life clubs do that because there are Councils, banks and other public staff wondering to avoid their trully big debts

October 11, 2011 15:22

678 posts(s)

LOL, no they are not. I think Barca has a dept of almost 400 mill atm :). In the EPL there is the same problem…..

October 11, 2011 17:04

51 posts(s)

Sorry didn’t see this thread. Moaned about this elsewhere. It’s a change that is going to make us all think about what players we have. I’m sure I will go bankrupt in the near future because I can’t sell players and too scared to buy players. Unless ofcourse they are the future and then they be sold to a human player.

It’s not a very productive change in the fact that I’m not enjoying the game as much. It may get better of course but the low balanced teams are now suffering. The rich will get richer ! Doh :)

October 11, 2011 17:06

51 posts(s)

Also old vets tend to play in a lower league at the end of their career for a small price. This was happening before…

October 18, 2011 18:24

678 posts(s)

i still got players for sale btw :). That was kinda my very bad intention here :)…. HAVE A LOOK!!!

October 18, 2011 21:49

51 posts(s)

no one has money to buy them…because we cant sell our own players anymore ;)

October 19, 2011 15:01

340 posts(s)

Yeah, why does the game (computer controlled teams) not buy 200 players/season from one club per season? Something is wrong no?

Excellent this, good for all cowboys to realize this is not farmville but football management game and the players are players and not cows for you to trade like livestock.

Maybe computer teams stopped buying crap players from some teams, that would be great if that is the case.

If you have good players and fair prices, you will sell. Problem could be there are too many good players so people are aiming for the very best players as much as possible, and that could be for having too much money to spend.

BK

October 19, 2011 19:07

51 posts(s)

how about selling Donkeys ;)

well, this will be a perfect experiment. You are the manager of Blackpool with 11 players for sale, so let’s see how many you sell to CPU teams. review in one week i think.

p.s. interesting how you are selling 2 retired players. Sure that isn’t allowed or were they already for sale when you joined the club – bug ?

October 20, 2011 05:07

340 posts(s)

in my case it would be Donkeys indeed!! :)

I sell because I had only 2M when I took over the team, not sure what happens when money reach 0.
When I took over some of the retiring players were on sale so I do not touch those. I think Computer controlled teams can Transfer list their retiring players. Now I doubt anyone will buy those but you never know.

I wish there was an option where you start “drafting” from local smaller teams (or a club’s B team) so you can within a short amount of time renew the team.

BK

October 20, 2011 06:55

609 posts(s)

When you reach 0m the board will put your coaching lvl down to get money back. When that is 0 then it will delete a player and you’ll get the value of the player in M (don’t know 100% if this option is still in the game).

October 20, 2011 07:19

678 posts(s)

I think that was in the early years of Rubysoccer. Gabriel “fixed” this, because of the fact you were able to abuse “selling” players like this. I thought now you would just get fired after coaching lvl is 0 and you still lose money.

October 20, 2011 08:19

340 posts(s)

Wouldn’t be wise that the “chairman” loans the club say 10M for running costs, not allowing any transfers for that money and then slowly getting it back as you progress?

What about, KNOWING the financial situation of the club before joining (applying for the job)?

Maybe not exactly the amount but whereabouts in an economic scale, like, rich, normal, poor, etc..

BK

October 20, 2011 10:05

803 posts(s)

Berhan you should try to lower the prices as much as the board let you, I hope CPU teams will still buy old players if they are almost for free. You would have the space on the team and you wouldn’t need to lose money firing the players.

About this new CPU teams we have to wait and see as Gabriel said but for now it seems they went from buying everything to nothing…

October 20, 2011 10:19

340 posts(s)

Great advice Filipe, thanks.

The whole idea with firing players, even though a bit stupid, is to free up the space, not that I need it but I would eventually need to replace the whole team. I guess I am a bit impatient to make the changes slower and go instead a bit too fast forward.

We’ll, see, it looks possible still. :)

BK

October 20, 2011 12:06

51 posts(s)

Well, let’s see what happens with Berhan K team. It will be interesting for sure. On the Medium tick, i tried to sell a young player for about 400K as opposed to 3Mil and even he isnt going anywhere. I hope it’s not broke. Maybe we start a thread asking what players have gone to CPU in the last half of the season?

October 20, 2011 14:32

340 posts(s)

The Risk of getting into bankruptcy is virtually none at the moment because I balanced things so we are making around 200k-400k week now, but I manually did things to avoid it so I guess we will not find out what happens.

BK

October 20, 2011 20:40

51 posts(s)

lets see how players get sold to cpu teams. thats what i meant :)

October 20, 2011 22:57

51 posts(s)

update via twitter. “last 7 turns CPU teams bought 31 players, 4 from human-managed team”. yes, just 4! I’m going bankrupt on both games now :) lol. i wish i had kept a large wad of money in the bank and i could limp along trying to develop youth :) oh well :)

October 21, 2011 05:38

340 posts(s)

Too bad, Steve. I guess it’s way of management really. First and most important thing is to check the money if the economy works, if it does not, then not much is of any use. Work the economy first then everything else.

BK

October 21, 2011 12:13

51 posts(s)

yep, i didnt plan for this change and it’s caught me off guard. typical amateur ;)

October 26, 2011 07:20

51 posts(s)

So anyone sold any players yet? How about you Berhan K ? you had 11 players for sale…

October 26, 2011 10:17

340 posts(s)

nope, cpu teams are smart, they do not buy sheep as most human managers would.

I never rely on buy low and sell high stupid reasoning of most people anyway. No big deal.
I’ll wait for 1-2 season until most of the dead wood are either retired or up for contract renewal, which I will promptly refuse.

Buy old 33+ cheap players to get the play working, do maximum of 1-2 own products per every 4-5 seasons, sell for lots of money to other human managers. There is your recipe.

BK

October 26, 2011 10:27

803 posts(s)

You really just need to sell one player :D And that John Scrutton is the one, you will lost one great promising player but you’ll have the money to restart the team…

October 26, 2011 11:57

340 posts(s)

I guess I won’t then.. :)

BK

October 26, 2011 21:33

51 posts(s)

BK … or just leave the sinking ship and join another team :op you talk like a real life manager before he leaves the team he is loyal to :) i dont blame you, could see a lot of team moving soon

October 27, 2011 09:55

340 posts(s)

Steve, that could be almost true, IF the club I jumped to had tons of cash, they had 246k, they are an even bigger ship sinking…

Funny though, I did nothing to raise cash, somehow cash appears out of nowhere and we are not being bankrupt..It really looks like the club gets some cash to avoid bankruptcy and that mus be cheating, because I could be having several players with big wages and still “someone” pays for the costs, maybe a “sugar daddy” hehe..

We’ll see..

Perhaps a suggestion would be to:
1. let the club crash and burn,
2. the players are released on free transfer,
3. new players are brought in (newly generated by game engine) with very low wages, until the end of the next season, mostly younger players.

I don’t know but having it the way it is now, I can understand people taking another club because the club they just took has no economy.

A game I used to play in 1998 would, when club is bankrupted, fire the manager, give the club 5M, so the next manager taking the club has a chance. I should mention that it used to cost £5/season/club/person, so people took care of their clubs. Winning a division would give them free seasons, so there was lots of motivation to win for your club.

BK

Forums FastTicker