Forums FastTicker

where are the cpu buyers? :)

Subscribe to where are the cpu buyers? :) 35 post(s), 8 voice(s)

October 27, 2011 09:57

340 posts(s)

btw, anyone knows (the developers at least), where are the cpu teams buying or is all players on our teams not good enough?

BK

October 27, 2011 11:49

51 posts(s)

Berhan K – i asked the same question via twitter but there was a list they could give me. The view was they were young developing players so i guess the old vets are not going to sell to even the lower league teams like they would in the English Leagues for example.

Also, going back to your move to another club, your point of knowing the current financial state is a good one. Not required to know figures but certainly we would know from the press that a certain club is in good or bad financial situation. This would at least give you an idea if it’s worth jumping ship.

was the old game SoccerSim / ManagerSim ?

October 27, 2011 15:30

301 posts(s)

yes that was the name of the old game Steve.

i’m not sure knowing a situation is that big a deal. Worst case, you wait 36 turns and you go to another team…

Don’t you guys think that a team with a bad financial situation will automatically be handicapped and GMs won’t want to sign there.

As it stands, some GMs see 200k in the bank and maybe they tell themselves “ok i’m up for the challenge”

But if you allow users to know if a situation is good or not, that chance will never be there because most GMs might just go for teams with good financial situations…

October 27, 2011 19:45

340 posts(s)

The game I mentioned earlier is called “A game of two halves” it’s a small game it had 32 teams per game world 4 divisions of English clubs with 8 teams per division. It was coded by Simon Goodchild, he actually got bored of the game and gave me everything so I still have the code and actually ran the game few years ago. I might launch it again but it’s quite primitive compared to RubySoccer.

BK

October 27, 2011 22:32

51 posts(s)

Charles – yes, i used to play Soccersim/Managersim in both it’s names :) CPU loaning of players is one massive advantage that the game had. Used to love seeing when the ticks were going to double-tick! lol. good times.

BerhanK – what code is it?

Forums FastTicker