Not trying to cheat

Subscribe to Not trying to cheat 39 post(s), 15 voice(s)

October 01, 2007 12:06

1 posts(s)

Cannot buy player from Paulista – Brazil. The message “Prevented by anti-cheat protection. If you are not trying to cheat, contact admins.” is show me.
What do I do to continue?
Thanks

PS – The manager from Paulista is my brother!

César

October 01, 2007 13:16

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

hi Kaká,

unfortunetely we decided to adopt one of the mechanisms they had in managersim, which is: you cant do business within the same network. I know this sux sometimes, but it also prevents a lot of cheats :)

cheers

October 01, 2007 14:25

75 posts(s)

and it’s working =)

October 01, 2007 17:17

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Good point sherman :-)

October 02, 2007 04:31

42 posts(s)

Donator

I got the same message and I’m trying to buy a player from a person that I know but we can’t possible be in the same network because I’m in a corporate network and he isn’t… What can I do?

Thanks,
Henrique

October 02, 2007 04:55

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Haven’t you ever played in the same network of this person Henrique? If both of you have accessed the game in the same network, even if not simultaneously, you won’t be able to trade with each other. We may find better ways to control that, but for now forbidding same network trades is the best way.

Cheers.

October 02, 2007 05:09

42 posts(s)

Donator

Gabriel, first of all thanks for your quick response! :)

I guess that happened one time, he connected to the game using my computer…
He is the manager of Salamanca and I manage Inter and of course that we are not cheating, but I understand that you can’t be opening exceptions. That’s no problem, I’m still gonna try to beat Juventus and Napoli! :)

Best regards.

October 02, 2007 05:38

123 posts(s)

Almost all the cheaters are sweet people…………………
Good point. Same network is a cheater, and i bealive in that
So, now, please resign of multiple accounts, for let other people to play

October 02, 2007 05:44

38 posts(s)

What are you saying Manuel? Why are you asking him to resign when he’s clearly explained the situation? You talk a lot of nonsense as usual.

The only reason why I’m defending him is because both Charles Cimetier (my brother) & Martin Robillard (a friend) work together and have accessed their accounts from my computer at home. I know for a fact that we won’t be able to trade together but why should we all quit our teams? The air in Macau obviously doesn’t make you think clearly.

October 02, 2007 06:54

42 posts(s)

Donator

Hum?!

Manuel, are you pissed off because Salamanca is first in your division? That must be it…
But no, I’m not Salamanca’s manager and the Administrators can see that if they look at the connection’s log. If you have doubts you should ask them…
Once more…I manage Inter and my cousin manages Salamanca.

October 02, 2007 07:01

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Calm down people. Cheaters should quit their multiple accounts, friends or relatives playing in the same network shouldn’t ;-)

Please keep informing us about existing ways of cheating, it will be very helpful.

Cheers.

October 02, 2007 07:37

38 posts(s)

The only reason that I was rude in my comments towards Rocha is because he’s back to posting his dumb & thoughtless comments just like back in the Soccersim days. Funny thing is he still hasn’t learned to correctly spell “nothing”.

October 02, 2007 08:48

42 posts(s)

Donator

Ok, sorry, I’ll behave! :)

Please purge the connection log… :D

Cya!

October 02, 2007 09:10

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Henrique, we dont keep the connection log, and things like your password are encrypted on our database. we have a very ethic thing going on here :)

October 02, 2007 09:12

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

ps: first fight on our forums :) woohoo!

October 02, 2007 11:02

42 posts(s)

Donator

Eheheheh! :)

Danilo, I’ve mention the connection log because at the moment I can’t transfer players with my cousin and that, according to Gabriel, is because we’ve used, somewhere in time (more than 2 weeks ago), the same connection. Now we use different networks (we are not even in the same city) and we still can’t transfer players. So I was guessing that you have some kind of log.

But ok, this is not a problem, I was just trying to understand.
I really don’t agree that players that have used the same network (at least once) can’t transfer players between them forever. It would be better if that inhibition was only temporary (weeks or months) and not permanent.
But this issue is very irrelevant, don’t waste your time on this. :)

Thank you very much for you great work on the game!!

Best regards!

October 02, 2007 11:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

The temporary inhibition is a good suggestion Henrique, I’ll add that one to our enchancements list so me and Danilo can discuss it later.

October 02, 2007 12:03

124 posts(s)

Back in Managersim days a couple of my friends introduced me to the game when we were drinking beer at my house. :-) To fully help me understand the fun of the game other one of them logged in at my computer to show me around. When I registered a few weeks later and started to read the rules I found out that I could never trade with the friend of mine.

Didn´t like it in the beginning but got used to it. Of course there were hundreds of other managers to trade with. Sure, we missed a couple of good possible trades when the other had a player that the other would have needed for sale, but I think preventing trading for good was the right way to do it.

I think temporary inhibition could be OK though if the records of trades would be kept so that if there happens some very strange activity between managers that have, some time, played in the same network you could then make the prohibition final.

October 02, 2007 14:00

22 posts(s)

So, now, please resign of multiple accounts, for let other people to play

manuel, you should resign from one of your teams in order to allow other people play.

October 02, 2007 14:52

42 posts(s)

Donator

I agree with Toni Koivula.

Now back to the message… “Prevented by anti-cheat protection. If you are not trying to cheat, contact admins.”
I’m not trying to cheat, can I buy the player from Salamanca? :D

October 02, 2007 15:26

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Talk to Danilo, he wrote the message. Hahahaha!

October 02, 2007 15:38

42 posts(s)

Donator

Eheheheh! :D

October 03, 2007 15:48

42 posts(s)

Donator

Ok…maybe this issue shouldn’t be under ‘Announcements’ but again the “Prevented by anti-cheat protection.”

Now I’ve tried to buy another player, but this time from Sampdoria and still the “Prevented by anti-cheat protection”. OK, I know the guy but we never shared networks, so I can’t understand what’s happening. Why is everyone against Inter? Why!? :(

October 03, 2007 18:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You see, our system is so smart that it knows that even though you never shared the same network it is possible you’re still trying to cheat! Hahahahah! Just kidding, of course, no ideia of what is going on, maybe Danilo can answer that.

October 03, 2007 22:49

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

well, you had the same ip at some point. as this is the beginning, i will clear your history, henrique.

cheers

October 04, 2007 04:09

42 posts(s)

Donator

Thanks, I really appreciate that ‘cause there aren’t many good players for sale.

But I can’t see how me and Jorge (manager of Sampdoria) could have the same IP, we work in different companies and I think the corporate network is different. Is the anti-cheat code running at 100% or there could still be some problems?

Best regards!

October 04, 2007 07:12

130 posts(s)

Is there a way to log mac addresses? Would be more trustworthy than ips, imo.

Cheers.

October 04, 2007 08:25

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

i´ve made a change on the system. lets see what happens.

cheers

October 12, 2007 20:51

3 posts(s)

Can you take a look at the managers of Cruzeiro and Ituano in Beta 1?
It seems to be the same person or at least brothers :)
Cruzeiro – Dek Schilte
Ituano – Dereck W. M. Schilte

October 13, 2007 08:21

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I already warned him by email, he’ll have to choose which of his 4 accounts he wants to use, otherwise all of them will be deleted. Thanks for reporting Denis.