loan limit

Subscribe to loan limit 14 post(s), 9 voice(s)

April 03, 2009 03:28

42 posts(s)

Some teams have a lot of loan players. IMO should have a limit for this.

April 03, 2009 04:37

375 posts(s)

Well said. I Also think 5 players loan limit should be implemented. If you have more than 50% of loaned players in your squad, you kinda “cheat” – you get results such as victories in smaller leagues and also you save money to buy players in the future. That’s unfair to managers who try to build their teams from the start. Nice idea, Humberto !

April 03, 2009 06:27

651 posts(s)

alban, i dont’ know how u can call loaning more players as cheat??? it is a very tough word and should be used thoughtfully. i am sure u must have done your homework before using it though ;) .
if you try to understand the dynamics of creativity, then, u try to be more creative or try to find more ways to achieve success when you have limited resources. so, any team with small amount of resources would be forced to look for loan players. And since it is not prohibited in the current rules and regulations, managers are utilizing their resources to get the best result.

I cannot see how that is cheating. Although i am not sure how much that would help u in developing good players of your own, but that would certainly help in getting instant results.

But then every manager has his own way of working things up the ladder.

April 03, 2009 12:14

42 posts(s)

It’s too easy to biuld-up very fastly a really strong squad because of loan

April 04, 2009 07:44

609 posts(s)

it sure is humberto, but remember you will lose those players very fast to! I used, and still am, alot of loans to build up my own team and to still get good results. I think the suggestion above is really bad. Player loan is there to improve your squad and build up your own squad in the mean time.
Loaning has it disadvantage though, it mostly costs you more money then playing with your own team, which results in less income to spend on new players. But this should stay the dissicion of the current manager.

April 04, 2009 12:12

803 posts(s)

I agree with Vaughn, we shoud make it easier for starting managers to develop their teams, not harder… The loan sistem is now the best way to do that and we should not restring it… It is good for the smaller teams and also for the strongest as they have their players developing.

Beside that, a team with only loaned players will always have limitations to it growth so that strategy will not work for ever and they will have to find their own players as well…

Regards from Benfica :D

April 04, 2009 18:47

678 posts(s)

I don’t agree. I think you should have some limit. Just like in managersim :)

April 04, 2009 22:09

42 posts(s)

Common…it doesn’t cost money at all to get loan players, and some people will ALWAYS make almost full-loaned teams. Everytime there is a lot of good players avaible.

April 05, 2009 02:16

651 posts(s)

but i don’t know why this should be a problem to anyone except the board… If the concerned board is happy with it, who are other managers to complain about it… you have the same options, just use them..

April 05, 2009 22:09

42 posts(s)

Yeah but that make things MUCH easier. Anyone can biuld-up a good team with like 3 turns with loan. For me, teams should become better gradatively, not instantanly.

April 06, 2009 02:56

651 posts(s)

well, and if you realise, those teams will crumble down very soon too.
i will still reiterate the same point. Nobody wants to build a team on based on loan players. Every manager in the long run wants to have a squad of players which belong to his team. But then there are a lots of constraints. Some financial, some related to other matters. Sometimes there are players you want to buy, but u don’t have enough money and sometimes you have the money but noone is willing to sell their players or say the right player.

And everyone tries to find the optimum way to mount a challenge at the top. The route he/she takes may be different given his resources and constraints.

May be we could have some tweaks in the ME so that the teams having more players of its own (i mean non-loaned players) have higher moral or more dedication to play for the club. (say each loaned player will have 1 skill point dropped if the no of loaned players playing the match is more than 3 or 5).

April 06, 2009 13:42

299 posts(s)

As a manager who went a loaning spree recently (only for Amiens to score in the 89th minute and ruin my Homecoming) I do agree on a loan limit. Smth like a 5 loans per team and 3 per line-up should be implemented.
On the other hand I should remind everyone that loan limit or not, a manager has to build a team of its own in the long run. You can’t possibly challenge every year based on loans, because you will always be depending on others to supply your team or not (both in quality and quantity). For the short-term, as unethical as it may sound, it is a good strategy to consolidate a team financially while also growing some talent

April 06, 2009 17:58

6 posts(s)

limits are totally pointless,

loaning players is a tradeoff, both for lender and borrower, for the first because you cannot recall a player even if he becames great in one season, or if your team mates pick up an injury, for borrewr because he won´t have his players in premier matches which will make then develop, in real life you can see many teams here in brazil playing cups with only loaned in players , sometimes they can make nice campaingns but they never turn into a great team in the lung run , what could be implemented is that each player has a time to addapt , like new commers ( new players, new loans, new bought players) would begin with some sort of gap like -3 in all stats and after each 10 games they would lose 1 of its gap points, this way we could consider the time to adpt players to squad and make it harder for “only loan” teams

April 06, 2009 20:30

20 posts(s)

The quality of players on loan list is based on the community and what people are willing to loan out. I could not justify loaning out any player that I could reasonably consider starting that means that the players who I personally would consider are going to be the players who are not good enough for my starting 11. With that being said, if you are in a lower division there is a good chance that you can improve your line up by loaning players from other clubs, but the loaning clubs are going to get the benefits of it in the long run. It is effective to start up a club from the bottom of a lower division, but I can’t see it being effective for clubs that are around the top of their country. I have 9 loaned players at the moment but I am looking to develop more youth players and buy new players. I do not see the need to put a limit on loaning players because everyone can loan the same players and it is better for you to own players then loan players from other teams in the long run.