Changing the way of transfers

Subscribe to Changing the way of transfers 9 post(s), 6 voice(s)

March 31, 2009 13:09

678 posts(s)

I would like to see a change in the way transfers work now. As it is now you bid on a player and it starts counting down from 3 ticks to 1. After the 1 tick you will get the player if you offer the right price and wage. You will get the player RIGHT AWAY.
Now here is where I would like to see it like it was in managersim. I think something should change in the current way of dealing which could help with the high wages in the game. I think the seller should be able to drop lower transferbids and accept higher ones.
I want to be able to outbid my competition and negociate for the contract alone, so I won’t be forced to offer some crazy wage in order to get the player. I’ve had it happen that I was the only 1 bidding with 1 tick left, but I didn’t offer the right wage. Tick after that I knew what wage to offer the player, only to see some other manager come in and “steal” him from under me with a higher wage.
I would like to see an option that the transfer is “closed” so you can simply negociate for the wage without having to worry some other team swhooping in. Perhaps this could be made possible by having more then a 3 tick “waiting time”? As it is now you can offer a lower amount and then when 3 ticks pass your bid isn’t dropped. I’ve seen stupid bids on some of my 20+ mill value players. I don’t mind seeing that stupidity dropped after 3 turns. If you simply don’t offer the right transfer amount your bid should be dropped after 3 turn. I really don’t see the point of this not happening.
Regards,
Sylvain Dingenouts

March 31, 2009 14:20

102 posts(s)

I totally agree, it would be a great addition to be able to allow highest bidder to negotiate alone. It would benefit selling part by means of an increased transferprice and benefit buying part by means of making sure they get the player and avoid having to pay those ridiculous high wages.

March 31, 2009 15:46

609 posts(s)

closed without seeing the bids is way better! nice post :)

April 01, 2009 10:16

9 posts(s)

hey, i agree with that kind of “negociation time”, but the 3 tick wait is good, because gives the chance to other players to bid higher.
for example, ate 4:50 am you place a higher bid on a player, the other one that was bidding just gets to the computer at 10:00 am, you already have the player and he didnt stand a chance….

so i believe the 3 tick wait is a good method for open chance…

best regards……Diogo

April 01, 2009 10:50

678 posts(s)

I ment increase it to like 5-6 ticks……not decrease it.

April 01, 2009 11:32

9 posts(s)

ups, my bad :D, sorry…. but i think that increasing is not very good, cause it takes too long, i believe 3 is the right number :D

(sorry for my mistake before)

best regards… Diogo

April 03, 2009 07:43

828 posts(s)

i think there should be refuse bid option for the low bidders and have a MIN bid

April 11, 2009 15:12

678 posts(s)

Any admin want to comment here? The way it is now isn’t to my liking and I believe I’m not alone here…..

April 11, 2009 17:21

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I missed this topic due to my vacations :)
After reading everything here I must agree with you, Sly. The main change here is the bid negotiation happening before the contract negotiation and that’s what I’ll add to our list of enhancements. We’ll probably keep the 3 turn wait for bid negotiation and all bids above the transfer price will be accepted. After that there will be a 3 turn contract negotiation with the player for the teams whose bids were accepted. I guess it’s better to implement this one change first and see how it goes.
Cheers!