Transfer List

Subscribe to Transfer List 21 post(s), 7 voice(s)

March 29, 2009 20:15

20 posts(s)

There was recently a suggestion about adding a colorize feature to feature list, I don’t really care one way or another about coloring the stats. But I would like to see either the ability to sort my things other then the transfer value or a drop down menu for position/side that would allow me to eliminate positions that I am not interested in looking for.

I am tired of looking at transfer lists and seeing tons of Goalies when I don’t need a new goalie.

Cheers

March 29, 2009 20:30

609 posts(s)

You can click on the sort word “pos” to sort G > D > M > A

That what u looking for?

March 30, 2009 06:21

20 posts(s)

I used to play Managersim before it died, and they had an option that would allow you to select which players u are looking for and only show those players, then once it is only showing the player type that I want i would like to be able to sort by Wage Value Transfer, the ability to sort by stats would also be nice but i understand reasons to not allow it to be done. Maybe allow age but not other stats

March 30, 2009 15:05

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I think a position and side filters wouldn’t be a bad addition. I’ll add this enhancement to our list.
Cheers!

March 30, 2009 21:55

609 posts(s)

uhm you can find players with specific stats with scouting, so i think you shouldn’t introduce it to the transfer list…it would make scouting abit useless. Only the managers who are to lazy or don’t have time would benifit this.

March 31, 2009 00:34

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Exactly, that’s why I’m considering just the position and (maybe) side filters.

March 31, 2009 03:59

651 posts(s)

or may be you could add more options to the scouting search results.
After all we have paid for those scouts and we need to see the results the way we want ;) lol…

March 31, 2009 15:49

678 posts(s)

Scouting works juts fine….what more do you need to know. With managersim you could only search for 1 specific stat. Here you can fill in all stats! That’s an improvement and it’s been made easier for you.

I say, keep it as it is now.

March 31, 2009 16:53

651 posts(s)

i was saying about the search result that u get from the scouts, not the scouting process itself…

and not everyone wants everything that was there in you ex-something something game… i never played that so i don’t care what was present in that game.

and i am not angry… :) i just want this game to be its own, not an exact copycat of any other games…

March 31, 2009 19:36

678 posts(s)

I think many with me will agree Managersim was awesome and had far more depth then Ruby. Managersim had multiple tactics like: Zoneplay, directbal, passing, longball. It had hidden stats and something called flair. You were able to select a captain and it matterd who that was. Players weren’t bound to a coaching level since you had coaches yourself. Those coaches had personal skills. You could train players in fitness, offence, defence, teamplay. I’m missing out tons of things atm. So, I think you better listen to those ex-managersimmers when they have suggestions. Ruby is still very basic, and imo can’t match Managersim for the moment. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s a fun past time. Its also still improving so many “ex-managersim” managers have high hopes for Ruby. I hope one day Ruby will surpass managersim and bring back those good old warm feelings :)
The search results you get from the scout are exactly those that you put in…..so I don’t really see your point here. You get what you ask for. I just bought 2 players thanks to the scout.

April 01, 2009 01:39

651 posts(s)

we can still have options to sort the search results on the order of headings available. (at least according to the search options ).

April 01, 2009 01:42

651 posts(s)

and sly, i didn’t say ur ex-managerism was a bad game… i never played it so, i don’t know how it was. but if there were good things then those things will be definitely added ( albeit could take more time ), but ur suggestion that “some thing is not required since ex-managerism didn’t have it” is not a good logic…

April 01, 2009 08:18

678 posts(s)

well I didn’t say that. Please quote me above where I said that some thing is not required since ex-managerism didn’t have it”. I said that the scouting on managersim didn’t have the functions Ruby has. Also that I don’t understand what more you could want on scouting? Like I said, you can put in all single stats you want. What more is there….
I agree with Gabriel that we shouldn’t make things to easy, when it comes to finding players. You should be rewarded for hard work when searching, to find that “golden nugget” that everyone missed.

April 01, 2009 12:17

651 posts(s)

check ur 8th post from the top in this section.

scouts get gaid a chunk of teams budget every week… so, with scouting it is logical to demand better options to search players. i am not demanding anything in “transfer/loans” sections

April 01, 2009 23:02

678 posts(s)

Zzzzzzzz. I think you need to learn how to read……
In my 8th post I don’t state that “some thing is not required since ex-managerism didn’t have it”. I said with Ruby it’s an improvement on how it was with managersim. With managersim you could only search on 1 stat. I’ll explain further since you don’t seem to be understanding it that well. With the comment “you could only search for 1 stat”, meens that in those times it was REALLY HARD to search well with scouting. So hard it made it useless. I am NOT SAYING, “it’s not required since it wasn’t in managersin”. You are complaining that scouting isn’t to your liking. You want even better results. What I was emplying here is that, you are in a luxurious position here. Scouting is pretty good for those who are used to managersim. Perhaps you didn’t know, but I believe “a big chunk” of the managers in this game are ex-managersimmers :)
With your comment, “scouts get a chunk of money”. Level 1 scouting is 1500 a week. You can’t even pay 1 player for that. 1500 is not a “chunk of money”. It’s peanuts, even to small teams like yours.
I really don’t see any improvement on scouting. You can fill in ALL STATS you want. You can put in weather it gives you listed or non listed players OR BOTH! I believe you can even put in a player value! Now…..PLEASE TELL…..what more do you need to know? I think you shouldn’t question the scouting, perhaps you should question your skills in finding decents players :)…or knowing what they look like :)
A dutch football Legend called Johan Cruijff once said “Je ziet het pas, als je het door hebt”. Which roughly translates into “you only see it, if you understand it”

April 02, 2009 03:17

651 posts(s)

well… sly, your message there was loud and clear, and it was clear that u wanted things as they were in ex-*.

well, i am not taking the main topic away by saying which manager came from where as i am not interested in that..

and once again i never said scouting searches were the problems… i said it is better if we can organise the results…
This is here what i want in my results from scouting search.
-Ability to sort results according to the players who are under loan/transfer.
-Ability to sort according to age, position, side, etc.

if you think this will make it icing on the cake to search new players, then god help…

and about the chunk of money. may be when you have million of amount to start with and backup yourselves, it is easy to say money is nothing, but even a penny if you have to spend, it should be spent worthily. So, x amount is peanuts doesn’t make your argument valid.

And may be u need to live that quote more often…

( i never want this to be personal, but i need to say what i feel… lets concentrate on what we are talking more rather than quote others words and attack… hope u will try to learn)

April 02, 2009 21:55

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Sly,

In some areas we are surely behind what managersim had. But we already have a lot of areas were we have surpassed it. I hope that soon we can say that we did that in ALL areas. :)

cheers

April 03, 2009 01:57

20 posts(s)

Sly,
I disagree with this statement, “You should be rewarded for hard work when searching, to find that “golden nugget” that everyone missed.”, I would rather see Managers fighting over signing player. There is skill involved in finding quality players but making it easier for all players doesn’t take out the skill in know what a good player is. It would make signing quality players more of a factor of economics rather then time spent looking at transfer lists.

April 03, 2009 21:58

828 posts(s)

yes but then you have teams that have been since the start and have mega bank accounts and the only reason they do is because they have been here for long enough to capitalize on youth development techniques prior to the changes, amoung other reasons as well.

i think we should implement a MAX transfer list price system where ppl cant be put up for OVER a certain amount

seeing players est value 1.4 million being put up for sale for 23 milion is retarded.
and it screws up the transfer list.
whats the point in having the est value if its not used.

April 04, 2009 07:53

609 posts(s)

Davison, yes there are managers putting up those players because they might have potentinal to became a superstar. I totally agree it’s stupid, but how many of those actually get sold? There comes a time they remove the tranfer because it’s not getting sold. These things will fix on time based.
Btw every manager can ask what they want for a player, you are the one who has to deside if you want to buy him or not.

April 04, 2009 10:09

828 posts(s)

yes i know but what im saying
is to combat the ridiculous amount of money one player can bring in