Punishment in transfers

Subscribe to Punishment in transfers 9 post(s), 6 voice(s)

February 18, 2009 15:45

18 posts(s)

If there’s something that’s really annoying is when a manager puts a player on transfer and, after we offer the value he’s asking, the manager raises the price or simply remove the player of the transfer list.

Besides the fact that it’s irritating and unethical, sometimes it’s a problem, too, because we stop looking for another player or give up on another transaction because we found the “right guy”.

I think we shouldn’t forbid it, but the manager should receive a very expensive punishment, maybe 10% of the price that the manager was asking (when he cancels the transfers) or 10% or 20% of the diference between the old and the new prices. The punishment would be apllied, of course, only if someone offers the previous asked price.

What do you think about it, guys?

February 18, 2009 17:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Interesting idea, Rodrigo. This way we would probably reduce the number of managers who transfer list a player with no real intent of selling him or raising the price as soon as he/she realizes that lots of teams are interested in buying the player.
I’d like to read more opinions.

February 18, 2009 17:48

651 posts(s)

Rather than financial punishments, ( its not good to punish a team for managers behaviour ), its good to have some form of “blacklisting” manager. May be we could have something similar to disciplinary points that we have for player. or May be if he shows that kind of behaviour for more than 5 times, then, we could black list him in the transfer market. That means other managers would think twice before negotiating with him.

But as i said ahead, since it is always the team that has to pay the financial punishment, its not good to assign financial punishment. What happens if a manager removes that player from the transfer list, and becomes “eligible” for the punishment, but leaves the team after that, because he got a better job.

February 18, 2009 21:08

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hmmm, you’re right Parag, managers can always change teams so it makes sense they have a market reputation or something like that. These days I was thinking about a reputation related to cheating, maybe we could have both.

February 18, 2009 22:55

18 posts(s)

I agree with the manager reputation in both cases (managersim had those things), but I disagree about the financial punishments. Sure we’re penalizing the teams, but that’s what happens in real life when bad managers are running some teams.

Besides, it’s a manager job to take a team out of bankruptcy, to make a team arise from the shadows, rebuild it. It takes time, but it’s fun. when I played CM I loved to get a team in 2nd division and improved until I win everything.

Furthermore, I think that there won’t be too much punishment, as no one wants to loose money for something stupid like puttting a guy on transfer and cancel it.

February 21, 2009 07:39

651 posts(s)

well, i agree that its managers job to improve his team, and the financial punishment would be fine if the manager would stay at the club for more seasons, but what if the manager leaves the club after making such decisions and joins another club.

so, i don’t think how we can still hold the club liable for punishment.

And managers should always be able to delist their players from the market. it is not a crime to recognize that he made a mistake. His reputation should suffer only in case there has been a bid made against that player. If he removes a player after someone makes a bid for him, then only his reputations should suffer, because that would now be considered a foul play (rather than a simple mistake).

February 22, 2009 04:46

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Interesting ideas… This topic may result in a nice feature, let’s see how it goes!

February 25, 2009 01:41

120 posts(s)

Donator

good ideas, hope for change. But i think it will be good to reduce value of players to a maximum of 100 mill. i´m tired to search the transfer list and see player for sale with crazy price tags, what in some case means that not interest on selling him. Now i just will place player on transfer list for max value than is more than 2k mill …..yes stupid but….
mucha suerte

damago

March 06, 2009 23:06

14 posts(s)

If the the player value in the game was “better”, meaning, if it was more realistic / adequate, you could use it to block high/low selling prices. An example… a player with a value of $4000000, could not be sold below $1000000 or above $8000000. But, because the calculated value of the player is sometimes strange, this has to be corrected first, i think.
And about changing the price, i think you could add the manager reputation in the market, plus the financial punishing. And you could use that reputation not only for other players to see, but also to fire the manager and when he was looking for another job. This would imitate the chairman of that club won’t accepting it because of his bad reputation.

Cheers,
Alexandre Freitas