Revenue On Away League Fixtures

Subscribe to Revenue On Away League Fixtures 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

February 06, 2009 07:17

651 posts(s)

In real life certain percentage of match day tickets are always fixed for away fans, and the away teams do receive that amount ( although i am not sure). Although in case of friendly matches, we receive some amount on away fixtures, we don’t receive any amount for league fixtures.
Although there will not be any change (or little if any) because we will see increment of revenue in away fixtures and decrement in home fixtures. (But i am not sure how the ticket %age is divided and how the clubs share the revenue in real life, so please forgive me if i am wrong).

So, can we have such revenue sharing in home away fixtures??? As i said its effect on revenue would be nominal, but then it could change something for clubs with smaller stadiums when they play away fixtures against clubs which have bigger stadiums.

February 06, 2009 07:43

387 posts(s)

as far as i know, there is no income share in RL. there is just a fixed budget of tickets reserved for visiting team fans. why should a visiting team $-benefit from an official away game?

February 07, 2009 03:21

651 posts(s)

i was just trying to confirm whether that “reserved ticket” price going to the visiting club or host club?? if it doesn’t go to the visiting club then, the current system is alright, but if it goes then, i was just trying to suggest why not make it like that.

since you have confirmed that, i want to close this matter here :).
had it been there in the first place, the admins must have implemented it earlier ( since they have done it for friendly fixtures).