Youths improving very slowly (locked)

Subscribe to Youths improving very slowly 6 post(s), 6 voice(s)

February 03, 2009 14:04

102 posts(s)

Hi guys,

I know the way the players improve has been changed and i generally approve of this. I’ve noticed that my youth players doesn’t seem to improve at all, even though they play a lot of friendlies. I understand that with the new system, friendly matches doesn’t give that much experience any more, but this way there will be almost zero chance of developing new youth players!?

I find it a bit unrealistic that the young lads improves this slowly. I will use my own player “Davide Brollo” as an example. He’s played 22 friendlies, 3 serie A and a single cup match and has improved perhaps i skillpoint in total!? If this is the way it’s going to be, i’m worried that it will be extremely dificult to culture new youths.

Kind regards and thank you for such a wonderful game.
Alexander

February 03, 2009 16:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks Alexander!

We have received some complaints about this and we think we can improve the system. Youth players should improve a little bit faster, making it easier to tell whether or not he will become a good player. After being promoted to the regular squad things could go back to the speed we have now.

Cheers!

February 08, 2009 02:35

117 posts(s)

Gabriel

I see all sides to the story here.
My two bobs worth

In real life we generally can see an individuals skills and traits. Its not as common that mature age people step up another step, except for situations where they had talent but due injury, opportunity etc.

This game is vgood but it does fustrate with the lack of movement with youth players. Im not asking for the game platform to make it too easy to see who is a runaway star, however atleast a solid player can be seen BUT would like some more regular movement of primary and secondary stats to reward league/friendly and training efforts. You may allow more movement in specific stats asto elude to potential with the risk that a few more years training/playing he could be a possible star etc

Maybe add a section to coaches that allows you to individually try and train a player on a skill you require. This may effect the overall stats but helps you target weekness in your team and mould as a manager what you need. Maybe a long term vision enhancement.

But definetly for now it would be nice to see that most stat increases are achieved by early 20’s and loss of statistics in early to mid 30’s. This may first start with a dropoff in sec stats like speed/control etc as that is more realistic. Stts increasing later into your 20’s is not really great as the player has a shelf life.

I can bearly catch my kids now as my 38yr old legs have had a hammering from Australian Rules Footbal and Tennis but my brain still works, just!
LOL

February 09, 2009 22:47

828 posts(s)

my player is 16 yrs old 80 shooting 70 most of the rest
his name is kevan… he has scored 56 goals in 22 games in friendlies

his skill doesnt up or improve

its becoming to be bs trying to develop players when they should be developing when they get playing time and scoreing like my player is

February 10, 2009 07:29

25 posts(s)

In my opinion 40-50% of a players potential should be possible to reveal during “Youth academy” time if thats obtainable of course depends on matches played, quality of coaching and time factor the only get the “boost” when they are in the youth academy after that its normal development.

Just my idea on how to do it :)

February 10, 2009 08:47

651 posts(s)

can’t we merge this thread with the other one where we were discussing the same topic… it is better to discuss one thing at one place

This post has been moved to Youth Grow Too Slow in General Forum.
I have reposted the contents of this discussion into that discussion, so, we will not miss anything. That would make it easy for everyone to understand each others ideas and come to a conclusion…

Lets not post anymore here…