Wing Play

Subscribe to Wing Play 6 post(s), 5 voice(s)

October 24, 2008 19:43

241 posts(s)

Hi,

Looking at the tactical screen there are 5 lateral zones left being number 1 and right being number 5. Watching the match replays you would realize if you field a player on that zones on the wings you would see that they have no impact on the game, they run up and down like headless chickens.

I would say it would be nice to see some improvement on this, especially after heading skill is included in the game. The next generation of players surely will include some players over 80 heading skill so its common sense to think that those players will have a great impact on the games.

If wingers can be included in the near future it will make things much more interesting dont you think?

For instance, midfielders with high speed and dribbling would be best to field on these zones and additionally attackers, defenders and golies with high heading skill will be an asset to any team. This will surely impact the transfer market bringing more activity and make the game more sophisticated.

October 24, 2008 21:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I totally agree. We have planned some tactical options to better explore the use of wingers, maybe I can do some small tweaks even before those options are implemented ;)

Thanks for your suggestions!

January 22, 2009 08:58

18 posts(s)

I said in person to Danilo some days ago, that I think this is the most important thing to improve/change right now. I believe that the problem isn’t just he wing plays, but the “all running together thing”. Today, every player goes after the ball, so we have 4, 5 guys fighting for it… That’s because everybody use players in the center, because if you use the sides the player with the ball has to face 3, 4 markers and, obviously, loses the ball.

If the players start marking per zone, I think the wing play will start working, because once you have a wing player, the opponent will have to place a guy on the side to mark him.

March 06, 2009 23:40

14 posts(s)

For when a improvement in this thing? I think having a pitch with no wing play it’s not real football…
And what about having the players on R, L, RC and LC more next to which other, if there was no player on the middle? To be more easy to do a 4-4-2, for example, which is a basic formation nowadays in football.

March 07, 2009 05:38

375 posts(s)

I had to sell many side players already =(

March 09, 2009 11:47

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ll go back to improving the match engine soon and wing play is one of the priorities. I just need to wrap up a new improvement on transfers and loans that is taking long not because it’s a big improvement but because I’m redesigning the transfer system to accomodate clauses, like I did for loans. After that I’ll start the match engines tasks.