Scouting

Subscribe to Scouting 12 post(s), 4 voice(s)

October 10, 2008 15:45

375 posts(s)

Hmm, very interesting thing !

Can we get our searches archived ? At least 3-5 last search results ?

October 10, 2008 17:35

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

No…I should’ve added this option, I was sure someone would ask for it :D

Anyway, my idea was to allow viewing the last search only…last 3 shouldn’t be bad. First scout enhancement!

Cheers!

October 10, 2008 21:53

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Done, the very last scout search results are now available right below the Scouting title on Search page. We think 3 would be too much, if you like some players from old searches you should add them to your favorites ;)

Cheers!

October 11, 2008 02:21

375 posts(s)

Thanks !

So many changes weekly ! You are the best developers in the world ;)

October 11, 2008 09:46

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Thanks Alban! We’re always trying to do our best so RubySoccer can improve fast!

Cheers!

October 11, 2008 11:16

375 posts(s)

I remember there was an idea that our scouts would evaluate players and tell us what to expect from youths. Maybe it is possible to ask scouts about players’ potential ? Maybe once a week or somehow else ?

October 12, 2008 08:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Not sure about that yet, some people complained this should be coaches job…but it is a possibility :)

October 18, 2008 05:41

33 posts(s)

Great idea. I suggested before that the coach could email to indicate when a player had reached his potential and wouldn’t improve anymore, but I like this idea much better.

You could ask the coach for a report on one of your players who would then give details on his expected potential and current rate of progress etc. The coaching level could influence the speed that the report comes back and maybe even the level of detail or accuracy.

I think this should be the job of the coach, but then again I think we also need to find more for the scout to do as I currently have no interest in having a scouting department at all!

I also agree with Alban, keep up the good work!

October 18, 2008 11:32

33 posts(s)

I just thought of a good use for the scouts. You could assume that they were also youth team scouts automatically searching for the best teenagers to feed into the youth academy. The level of the scouting department could influence the starting quality/maximum potential of new youths in the youth team. For people like myself who focus on developing youths rather than buying players, this would make the scouts worth having in addition to a good coaching level.

October 18, 2008 12:34

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s interesting but could give scouts too much power, we’d have to make their department more expensive.

October 18, 2008 13:47

375 posts(s)

Considering that many teams have more than 100M in the bank, making departments more expensive is not a problem =)

November 12, 2008 08:43

50 posts(s)

100m in the bank?

Wow im lucky if I ever have more than 10m. Currently im on 3m.