Player's side

Subscribe to Player's side 10 post(s), 4 voice(s)

October 03, 2008 15:06

375 posts(s)

I think it is unreal that so few players play C or RC/LC in Rubysoccer. I have too many L or R players and very few central.

Can it be changed somehow ?

For example, can ML become MLC after playing 100 matches on LC position ? This would help a lot.

And I think just in real life there are much more central players than in Rubysoccer.

October 03, 2008 16:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Here’s the current distribution:

L → 20%
R → 20%
C → 30%
LC → 10%
RC → 10%
LR → 10%

We can either adjust those percentages or do something like you said where a player would acquire a new position. I’d go for the first option to keep things simple ;)

Cheers!

October 03, 2008 16:50

375 posts(s)

Looks like 70% can play on sides but only 50% can play in the centre. I would reajust that for sure ! =) Maybe even for existing players =)

L- 10
R – 10
C – 30
LC – 20
RC – 20
LR – 10

?

October 03, 2008 18:29

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Interesting, I’ll probably adjust that for new players, existing players would be a harder task.

Cheers!

October 04, 2008 02:29

375 posts(s)

thanks, I would like to see more flexibility ;)

October 07, 2008 06:10

53 posts(s)

Donator

Hello!

I’m thinking about some of the Alban’s comments, and… Gabriel, do you think it would be possible to train the players for a specific position and a specific skill?

I mean, currently we can develop some level of “general coaching” and I’m sure you’ll develop something similar to MS, where we could assign some coaches about a specific feature but…
do you think that the next step could be to improve a specific weak skill of a player?
Imagine a super striker with more than 89 in all the features but that he is tremendously slow with 50 as speed, perhaps we could assign a coach to improve that skill…

What do you think about that?

Best regards!
Javier.

October 07, 2008 08:14

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It is possible Javier, we have thought about it in the past. Our main concern is that we don’t want the game to become too complicated, it’s hard to find a balance between interesting features and options against useless extra features. Personally I don’t like this kind of micro management of training, but hey I’m not the only one playing here, if most of you guys think it’s a good idea I don’t see why not implementing it :)

Cheers!

November 19, 2008 10:51

14 posts(s)

I think that if we could choose that kind of training would be great. For example, i have a young center attacker that have 59 of shooting and 72 of tackle…
When he plays a game he’s allways improving the tackle, and the shooting is always equal… It’s kind of funny, but he is one candidate to be fired when he turns professional, besides the other stats are not bad at all.

Regards

November 20, 2008 16:22

375 posts(s)

Yes, I had to sell a DA with 90 pas and great secondaries because his tac/sho were low. In real life players tend to change their role if required.

November 20, 2008 19:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We’ll try to come up with a solution for that guys, I won’t promise anything, at least for now ;)

Cheers!