stadium expansion from cpu-teams

Subscribe to stadium expansion from cpu-teams 5 post(s), 3 voice(s)

September 12, 2008 03:34

387 posts(s)

i often see teams with no real manager expanding their stadium capacities (to bigger stadiums than from “normal” teams). is that healthy for their economy and the balance of the gameworld?
(e.g. in Ft Germany: TuS Koblenz no manager since day 1, but expanding to 47.000, Kickers Offenbach (same) 46.400 …)
i mean after 10 seasons a new manager takes over a team with no cash, cheap&small squad, but a shiny 50.000 seater …

September 12, 2008 04:07

375 posts(s)

This was the only tool to stop the inflation before staff departments, I think. Now, however, there is an option to make AI teams to develop staff departments.

September 12, 2008 07:10

387 posts(s)

ok, could be a reason. but not a good conclusion. i mean no small town club with a rotten team would put all effort in building an oversized stadium in the countyside in first place. just a club with a “catastrophy”-mode for the board.
investment should follow the “value chain” spuad quality > good results > bigger audience (demand) > bigger stadium needed.

September 12, 2008 07:45

375 posts(s)

Well, don’t you remember that AI teams can, for example, spend 6M on a 86kep GK though they have a 85kep GK ?=)

The problem is to make AI clubs transfers smarter, but it is a huge problem and not only for this game =)

September 12, 2008 08:38

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

There is a logic behind that but I agree it’s not smart at all. An AI team expands its stadium cause it knows it will be full if they have a good performance. Clearly we have to change that, specially after the addition of departments. Also, AI teams don’t loan players yet and the buy logic must be improved, as Alban pointed out. I have a few ideas but haven’t created an enhancement in our system. Let me do that now. Suggestions are welcome, as always :)

Cheers!