Wicked Formations

Subscribe to Wicked Formations 12 post(s), 5 voice(s)

September 03, 2008 22:55

53 posts(s)

Hy,

I suggest that managers would have to put a minimun players in each part of the field.
I do that because some managers just play without any players in defence area and make with that a lot off-sides for the opposite team. This take of the competitiveness for the game, without saying that its unreal!

Maybe 2 players for defense side, 2 for the m iddle and 1 for the attack would be a minimum demanded player.

Thanks
Regard

September 03, 2008 23:07

16 posts(s)

I totally agree, some teams plays with formation 0-6-4, 0-5-5 for exemple.

Regards!

September 04, 2008 09:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I agree with you guys but I have another solution planned for that: give the attackers the chance to move back if they realize they’re offside, which is more realistic :)

Cheers!

September 04, 2008 23:05

53 posts(s)

I Don’t know. For real, no coach use to put 0 players in the defense area, just like in the middle to. But I’ve already seen coachs with no attacker. But if you think this can fix this strange formations who am I to disagree….

Besides, this could disarm legal tatics that some managers use to advance his defense players to put the opposite attacker in off-side. This kind of tatic is a legal one.

Thanks
Regards!

September 05, 2008 08:55

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah…the changes I tested on my development environment didn’t work very well, I still got a high number of offsides. I’ll give it one more try, if it doesn’t work we’ll have to add the minimum number of defenders you suggested.

Cheers!

September 05, 2008 23:23

53 posts(s)

Ok Gabriel.
Keep us informed.
cheers!

September 16, 2008 10:42

53 posts(s)

Hy,

I don’t know what is happen, its start to being boring to play this game since results are only 1×0, 0×0, 0×1...Its a difficulçt result something more than 2 goals for the most of the teams, at least in Brasil league. And still remains this wicked formations. How can my team draw with a team that put 0;7;3 in its formation? Man, me and some friends that play Ruby too, are really desapointed with this situation, one has already leave it.

Stramazi

September 16, 2008 14:08

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Hi Stramazi,

We already have a lot going on regarding this and other TODO’s. A lot will change in the following weeks – and it already started, with the kick off on individual tactics. But we also will:

- alter the odds and the shoot vs goalkeeping algorithm
- add headers (that will have a considerable impact)
- adjust the whole package so wicked formations pay the price for their design or add the “minimum amount of players per zone” workaround for now
- etc.

You guys have to understand that it is very difficult for us to promise a deliver date where all the problems will be solved. But what we can guarantee is that we are working as hard as we can to gradually improve all the aspects you guys are raising your hands about. But we are also counting on your common sense to analyze every situation carefully. This kind of tight result is, frequently, fair.

if you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.
cheers

September 16, 2008 22:06

53 posts(s)

Hy Danilo,

I don’t know but I can imagine how difficult it is to change this situations explained over this. I think it demands time and time I think you guys developers don’t have now, at least without making some money with this game.
But I think that is one of the most important things to change in this game. When I comment that 1×0 0×0 results is unfair is because a match that has 60 shoots against 1 finish 1×0 (happens with Criciuma x Gama) is at minimum a disapointing thing.
But sorry, I’m just showing my fed back, I know you are working hard. I guess, talking with commum friends, more of players should feel the same. So, from all of your improve list, I think wicked formations and poor results when the gAme is very INTENSE, should be the first ones.

Thank you!
Regards
Stramazi

September 16, 2008 23:26

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, for sure we will adjust those statistics to get a more realistic match… I hope those improvements get your friend to reconsider and come back to the game :).

thanks for your feedback,
cheers

September 25, 2008 18:30

828 posts(s)

the grid system for the line up is shit to be frank

theres no realistic placement allowed for players

fix that and you fix this problem

i cant even do a simple 4-4-2 4-3-3 the defenders cant even be 2 centers

September 26, 2008 08:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Well, we can centralize the defenders during the match line-up if there is one on LC and one on RC but nobody on C. Not a big deal and should do the work for you.

About the original problem mentioned by this topic, I have changed the offside perception for players, now they have more chance to realize a teammate is offside before trying to pass the ball to him. Also, an attacker who is offside has more chance to realize it and move back. The number of offside decreased to a more realistic level on my tests. Even though for wicked formations like 0-5-5 and 0-6-4 the number is a little bit higher it has dropped around 40%. Let’s see how it goes.

Cheers!