Position of young players

Subscribe to Position of young players 5 post(s), 4 voice(s)

August 29, 2008 20:29

5 posts(s)

Hi there!

I started my career in RubySoccer a few days ago, and today I had my first young player promoted to the main squad :D

The new youth player generated to replace him is a goalkeeper, but unfortunately my youth squad already had two players in this same position, so now half of my young squad are goalkeepers!

Maybe it would be nice to have a “position balance” factor in the youth player creation algorithm, as youth squads play a important role in the game.

Anyway, RubySoccer is getting better and better! Excelent job!

PS: anyone interested in buying a goalkeeper? :D

August 31, 2008 10:26

120 posts(s)

Donator

Create your “reserve” or “friendlies” lineup and save it. Then create a substitution pattern for that lineup. You can make up to 10 subs in each friendly game, so get your young and developing players into the games.

Schedule some friendlies. Rotate the 3 youth goalies in each game. One starts. Replace him after 30 minutes. Then replace that one at 60 minutes. Each keeper will get 30 minutes of playing time. Hopefully, at least one of them will make some good progress. No problem!

August 31, 2008 10:30

375 posts(s)

I think Dave is right !

Besides, having 3 youth goalkeepers means you have 3 times more chances to develop one of them into a very good player ;)

August 31, 2008 11:23

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Just to clarify the odds involved in youth position when he is generated:

11,1% → goalkeeper
33,3% → defender
33,3% → midfielder
22,2% → attacker

August 31, 2008 16:28

5 posts(s)

Oh, so the generation algorithm indeed tries to balance the positions of new players . Ok, thank you all for the answers and tips : D