Staff

Subscribe to Staff 13 post(s), 11 voice(s)

July 04, 2008 09:52

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Let’s talk about new features! I’m currently working on adding staff (physios, coaches and scouts) to RubySoccer. There are lots of ways of doing that and I’d like to hear your opinion about this subject. My suggestions are:

1) ManagerSim-like: every country has a staff market (similar to the player market) where you can find staff to hire. When negotiating with a staff guy you offer a wage and the term of notice (from 12 to 144 turns). The wage is 3-turn based like the players wage. The term of notice is used when you want to fire the guy. If you want to fire him using the term of notice he will leave after the number of turns agreed, if you want to fire him instantly you’ll have to pay him 25% of the wages he would receive if you have used the term of notice. There is no need to renew staff contract, they will be yours until they are fired or retire.

2) Staff market as above but negotiation is around wage and seasons, like what we have for players today. This would require contract renewal when their contract is near the end. Firing them before the contract ends would work the same way firing a player works today.

3) Staff departments: each team would have 3 departments, one for physios, one for coaches and one for scouts. They’d have a rating and cost you money every 3-turns. You could spend some money to improve a department the same way you spend money expanding the stadium.

4) Another suggestion.

How you use each staff or department and what is the limit for how many staff guys or rating you can have are subjects for another topic. For now let’s stick with this first approach.

Cheers!

July 04, 2008 18:09

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Just so that you know, I was working towards option 1 (maybe 2), but I now prefer option 3, suggested by one of my co-workers.

July 04, 2008 18:10

375 posts(s)

I would like to have departments, but only if it helps. For example, if coaches will help my players to improve faster or help me get better youths.

And it should be made using a progressive scale, so that bigger clubs have to pay more or much more than smaller. Or maybe it is better to be able to concentrate only on 1 department and invest 100% in it (you choose your path yourself)

July 04, 2008 18:35

37 posts(s)

In managersim, the staff markets were crowded by a huge number of awful coaches, scouts, and physios. It was hard to get good coaches. Therefore, I like the idea of improving the departments by own investments. It might also be interesting to use the experience of one or the other player who is retiring as a scout, coach for keeping, or other, observer of opponents, or auxiliary coaches …

July 04, 2008 18:47

387 posts(s)

i find all option all right.
for option 3 i would suggest:
for stadiums you have a 1-time investment & a constant output (=capacity). But for staff (&their equipment) i’d prefer a certain fee (a month or year) you have to invest to keep the level of quality service and infrastructure. otherwise the quality in general and of the certain staff members will decrease.

i wouldn’t make a diference between small & big clubs – that’s always an easy suggestion by those who have minor clubs. buit it’s not what’s real life. Bigger clubs pay more (than minors) for better services (than minors can provide) not for equal (to minors) services …

July 04, 2008 19:17

637 posts(s)

I like Philipp’s suggestion. ’Cause otherwise all clubs have 100% improved staff departments after a certain time.
And maybe they can improve by experience. So the longer they are coach, the more experienced they are. With this experience they can coach more effective.
So coaches (or other departments) need to be financed to stay at the same level and can improve by experience.

I also think there has to be no difference between big and small clubs

July 04, 2008 21:44

55 posts(s)

Donator

I would preffer option 3.

[]

July 04, 2008 23:04

11 posts(s)

Hi Gabriel,

I loved having staff in SoccerSim and would love to have it back. Option 1 is a must. I don’t particularly agree with Option 2, as I’d like coaches to be realistic as well with their skills and talents increasing and decreasing accordingly with age, experience, hidden potential. Also, coaches might not WANT to coach for a smaller league forever and maybe would like to have a chance to change their work environments. Option 3 is perfect.

I have a 4th suggestion, what about personality types? Ambitious, Greedy, Patriotic, Patient…etc?

July 04, 2008 23:10

130 posts(s)

Taking Phillip amd Thorp’s idea, if the value was progressive (making it REALLY hard to maintain the “coaching performance” at 100%, we would have to spend more and more, making it a good way to take money out of the game, if having 100% at coaching would mean better youths, or faster developing in players. I believe everyone would be willing to pay, having those in exchange.

Lets say that you’d start noticing a deficit in coaches work when their “potential” was below 90%. That could be a few weeks after you started investing on your coaches less that X% of your monthly revenue. I think the value should change depending on various factors, including country, club’s financial situation, board expectations, etc.

Cheers.

July 05, 2008 02:28

1 posts(s)

I’m 100% behind option 3, sort of lets you tailor what you want trained and still keeps your time free for player hunting. Also keeps it simple which I imagine is nice from the coding side ;)

July 05, 2008 02:42

27 posts(s)

Option 3 is better i mean looking for players is enough i dont want to be spending to much time looking for a scout etc. I also agree with Phillip’s idea were we still have to pay a fee even if we have upgraded them.

July 05, 2008 04:57

25 posts(s)

I think that the best option is 3. We dont need to be obses with SoccerSim. Diferent ways can be funnier!!!!

July 05, 2008 13:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Excellent feedback, looks like option 3 is the way to go. Keep the suggestions guys, I’ll use them as I implement it :-)

Cheers!