Wagecap

Subscribe to Wagecap 11 post(s), 8 voice(s)

February 20, 2008 10:38

23 posts(s)

Cant you guys build in a wage cap?
This free transferround it is insane to see what some are offering (60-85k wages)
Some teams arent giving that as a whole to their team….
and to prevent a cowtrade it might be nice to do so….

February 20, 2008 11:27

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We have wage cap and a minimum period of 72 turns before being able to sell a player in order to reduce cow trades. As always, we are open to more suggestions to help on that :-)

Cheers!

February 20, 2008 12:14

387 posts(s)

There is already a wage cap?
i doubt it:
Leixões in FastTicker
pays his players 1.600.000 !!! on wages weekly – 5 player above 100k, one above 200k …

February 20, 2008 13:13

637 posts(s)

I suggest a maximum total wage amount for all your players. So you can’t have a total of wages above this amount.

For example: max amount 450k every 3 turns
If you have already wages for 410k, you can’t give a wage above 40 k

Then managers are free to determine their wages, but there is a protection against insane wages.
You can give one player a 100 k wage every 3 turns as long as the maximum wage amount is not exceeded.

I think a 15 k wage for each player (so 30 players in total) , what makes 450 k in total , is a good total wagecap.

You always have players with a wage of 5K so you can use the diffirence (15K – 5K = 10K) for wages higher than 15k.

What do you think?

February 20, 2008 15:14

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Philipp, the current wage cap is too high (10 times the real estimate for the player), we can certainly reduce that to something around 3.

thorpedo’s suggestion is good, it’s an option to a previsou suggestion I gave where the board would define how much you could spend on new wages in the current season.

I know we have a lot to do on this subject, just keep in mind that even after a few changes the game may remain unbalanced for a long time due to all the teams that have benefited from the lack of control we had in the beginning (unless we reset the game, of course). Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming ;-)

Cheers!

February 20, 2008 15:20

42 posts(s)

Donator

I have a different opinion…I prefer total anarchy! :)
But if the club runs out of money the manager should be immediately sacked.

February 20, 2008 15:57

37 posts(s)

The problem isn’t about paying 1.600.000. I have, right now, enough money to pay those wages for two seasons even if I make absolutely no income on that period. That is the real problem.

I think you should focus – like Hugo Celso has been saying – on fixing the details that allow us to have way much more money than we need. Because if we have the money, there’s no logic reason to forbidden us to spend it…

Market should be always free. If you’re able to generate more income, it’s only natural that you can spend more…

February 20, 2008 19:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You beat me Carlos, you’re right about having too much money, you must spend it somehow :-)

February 20, 2008 23:18

85 posts(s)

Donator

There will not be extensive resell if loads of free players stop entering the market without a logic comprehension. Clubs loosing top players bacause they lack contract renewals is one example without logic! Also the amounts of certain transfers involving CPU teams… I have a previous post for that…
Total anarchy might be too much for the game, the existing regulation is very good, the problem still is the unbalanced begin, there is no short way back for that, unless you use unfair methods, and please don’t.
I wrote a post about a wagecap to negative clubs (mine was that way at the time), this measure could be extended to positive clubs but you will always have to set it by the club possessions! Unless you force clubs to have 100M at the bank account only spendable at stadium seats to be recovered in 3 seasons for a real top team!
If you want to set a wagecap set it by the club possibilities, a maximum total wage for a club to offer will not deplete the club bank account in n ticks, like forcing a reserve. How can a club spend 100M without paying at least 1-2M total wage?

February 21, 2008 02:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

yep, the big problem we are facing here is the beginning. the only quick solution would be a reset. but this discussion is an excellent help for us to fix the unfair situation.

one thing that we are planning to implement real soon is a deeper Board and the natural consequences of that.

February 21, 2008 10:10

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You know, at first I decided not the make the wage cap based on the team’s available money in order to avoid big teams hiring all good players, but if you think of that individual wage cap is what makes more sense. If a team wants to give a player a crazy wage he can, as long as he can afford that for a certain period as Hugo mentioned. That way the richest teams would have a way to spend their money quicker if they want ;-)

Of course that we must implement bankruptcy accordingly, making the manager be fired and the team be recovered somehow.

Cheers!