Manager History

Subscribe to Manager History 10 post(s), 5 voice(s)

February 08, 2008 16:31

5 posts(s)

I sugest to put a link with the numbers of the managers

Vicotries, Tie, Loses, divided by championchip
how many turnaments the managers played, bste positions etc…

February 08, 2008 19:22

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yeah, we have a lot to do regarding manager history! The only info you have now is team change, ending position in the league, cup titles and runner-ups. Statistics are always interesting! :-)

Cheers!

February 08, 2008 20:04

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

I prefer to only show manager ranking. If we had that granularity of stats for managers, we would have people wanting to re-signup to try to “clear” their stats. I hate games where perfectionists have to do that.

With the ranking idea, if you lose a lot of games you can still be the number one in future by having a great season. But that is just me, and as always I an open to other options / opinions.

cheers

February 08, 2008 22:30

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Haven’t though about perfectionists. Maybe the ranking should be enough :-D

February 09, 2008 09:20

85 posts(s)

Donator

Where’s the perfection in hiding/erasing errors?

Some statistics would be nice, there’s no need for everything but overall by team/championship, or championship/team, like end position/end of championship or tick for those that change team, total victories/ties/etc (the columns from the league table), same for cups, and achievements in the end of championship (international competitions/promotions and relegations of course). One line per season/competition!
And these could be private/invisible for other managers, for that particular type of perfectionism…

Also player’s in/out record by team would be very nice, with costs, achievement price and wage offered :). Second, for what I’ve seen, stats for players don’t have club dimension, this makes the stats for your team in previous seasons wrong, you see stats from players that didn’t play for your club, and history stats from players sold are in the new clubs, players that played for two clubs in one season even have stats mixed. This one would be nice too, player stats is like a static image in the end of the relation player-club-championship.

And these are my proposals to give you a lot of work, I like this, all I have to do is write :) cool! (Read it with good mood…)

Cheers!

February 09, 2008 09:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I totally agree about player stats. And manager stats, well, we do need more info for the manager history, will see. Thanks for your suggestions!

Cheers!

February 09, 2008 16:07

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

Well, have you never played a game where you felt bad about your stats? My father-in-law loves to erase his solitaire (windows) stats. With manager rankings there is no need to do that, because you can “easily” go to the top or the bottom of the ranking.

Moreover, we already have almost all of the stats you mentioned, for a manager/team. It is only a matter of building a screen to do the sum job for the manager (i see no problem in doing that). Will discuss our options with Gabriel and expose them here to check more opinions.

For the manager stats, I think I have an idea for something that we dont have already. Lets hear your opinion on that. What if we had formation stats? This way you would be able to have an indicator of how successful are each of your formations/tactics. Dont know yet if this is a good idea, but we can all think about it together.

I guess that what I am trying to say is that I would like to know how everybody fells about this matter. What stats/screens do you guys fell that would be nice to have/change the way we present? Lets use our potential as a free game. :)

As for the players stats, I totally agree with you both. The more stats we can have, better. We already have a lot in queue to implement, but keep the ideas coming!

cheers

February 09, 2008 16:29

58 posts(s)

I have already this posted before but as you asked for suggestions… I miss the graphic chart displaying the position of the club during a season and a more detailed club history with players’ negotiations.

Maybe I miss those things because I played soccersim/managersim for so long.

But every statistics is welcome!

I don’t know if Danilo thought about this, but the formation stats could show us an average of various aspects of the game such as shots at target, off-sides, goals made and goals suffered.

It should be very handy!

Lobba

February 09, 2008 22:28

85 posts(s)

Donator

Danilo… The only results I felt bad for are in university and cannot be erased lol I was just questioning perfectionism and erasing errors as nobody is perfect right? So perfectionists commit errors and live with them I suppose… I wil not waste more lines with these…
I have doubts about stats by formation, for this point of view, managers do change the formation, and now with substitutions, formation can be changed in the same game.
Stats by type of game could be more useful like stats for league games, and stats for friendlies, or other type of games. To me, it’s important to know in league/official games team results, in friendlies I care about player stats…
It’s different, formation is not important to me, the type of game and analysis are… And that’s my feedback… I hope to improve the debate!
Cheers…

February 10, 2008 00:26

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

np, the only numbers we already dont have in DB are for friendlies. the rest are there, it is only a matter of building another way to show them up to you guys. lets see if we can come up with something…

cheers!