clubs selling to

Subscribe to clubs selling to 13 post(s), 6 voice(s)

January 06, 2008 05:24

387 posts(s)

My club in fast ticker (Hertha) sold 4 players to a minor club of my country. the first 3 transfers were ok for me, but i would have favoured the option not to sell the 4th player to the same club …

i guess it would be nice to select for each player you put on the TL, if you offer him to (clubs from) all countries or just to some or exclude some clubs in special.

January 06, 2008 06:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hmm, this is at the same time interesting and dangerous. Interesting because it makes sense not to sell your players to your greatest or direct opponents, but also people could use this feature to boycott a specific team. Maybe a simple condition like not selling to teams in the same division would be better. We’ll see.

Cheers.

January 06, 2008 08:41

387 posts(s)

boycott: why not ? It’s like having rivals or “enemies” in RL … some clubs you just don’t like or you have made bad experiences with the other manager …

but: you shouldn’t be allowed to blck more than, let’s say, 25% of all (not a.i. managed) clubs worldwide.

January 06, 2008 13:45

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Doesn’t sound bad, I’ll discuss that with Danilo.

Cheers.

January 07, 2008 03:12

29 posts(s)

If the transfer system was slightly less automatic then the managers selling players could veto bids from specific clubs without there needing to be a systemic solution for “boycotting” sales to particular clubs. It would be difficult to implement that in a way that would please 100% of the players.

So how about this? …

When selling a player, the selling manager defines how much he wants to sell the player for. Currently any bids matching this amount are automatically accepted, and the sale can go through without the selling mgame allows the buying manager to make an offer (which could, for example be lower than the seller wants) – the seller can then either accept or reject the offer (or make a counter-offer).

If you didn’t want to completely let go of the idea of automatic bid acceptance, then perhaps the selling manager could tick a box to choose between either automatically accepting all bids that match the asking price (as now), or manually reviewing all bids, regardless of amount.

This might even boost the activity in the market a bid – we’ve all seen the players on the transfer list with huge asking prces – $10m for a player rated as $1.5m for example – that player might even get sold if I was able to offer, say $2m.

January 07, 2008 08:41

387 posts(s)

first the transfer listing time should be postponed – like i suggested in another thread ~3ticks minimum.

i see a problem in your case, matty. what if someone bids on my players and i’m not online to check which bidders i wanna drop. like my “rival” bid just 1 minute before tick closing … therefore a block/boycott function would be still usefull.

January 07, 2008 11:03

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I have just thought of another suggestion to this 3 ticks minimum. If you make a proposal to a player that has been in the transfer list for more than 3 turns things will work exactly as they are working now: if the player accept any proposal he will go be transfered during the tick. If there are proposals to a player who has been in the transfer list for less than 3 turns he there will be no reply on the proposals until 3 turns have passed since he was transfer listed. After that he will be transfered to the team who offered the best proposal or reply to all teams with a new proposal, if no proposal was accepted. That will we would prevent instant or “arranged” transfers, which I believe is the goal of this 3 ticks minimum discussion. What do you guys think? (Loans would be changed to work the same way also)

January 07, 2008 11:14

223 posts(s)

personally i think it should be at least 3 ticks in every situation, does not matter the time the players has been in transfer list.

cheers

January 07, 2008 11:17

387 posts(s)

understood, Gabriel. But what if: playe X is listed 2,95 turns for 20M (worth ~2M) and 5 minutes before 3 turns are over the seller lowers minimum to 1M. His friend enters 1M & the deal’s done.

January 07, 2008 11:24

55 posts(s)

Donator

I think the three turns period should start over if any parameter for sell/loan is changed. If the selling price changed , the loan period or the salary percent. It should stay on the list for 3 turns completely unchanged.

January 07, 2008 12:59

130 posts(s)

That would work, Samir… for now. Once we are able to make our own offers instead of just bidding what the selling team is asking, that would spoil the fun of waiting for the final minute of the final tick to raise your offer and become the highest bidder, therefore negotiating alone. ;)

I think it should always close 3 turns after the first bid comes in, to prevent what Philipp is saying. In that case, if player X is listed for 20M, there must be a bid of 20M… and if at 2,95 turns the seller lowers it to 1M, the bidding team will still have to pay the 20M, or drop that bid and make a new one of 1M, restarting the 3 turn count (assuming he was the only one bidding, so the player wouldn’t have any bid when he dropped the 20M one).

Hope i made any sense on this lol

Another thing… 6 turns could be the default before the bids close, and the manager could have the option to change that from 3 to 9, similar to what we had in SS, it could go from 1 week to… not sure, never tried the most of it, but we could at least 1 month.

Cheers.

April 02, 2008 04:58

387 posts(s)

regarding the topic, what the plan to do on this right now?
in fast ticker again 3 good players were sold (without my supervision) – all to 1 club – a club from my league.

i’m still interested in a method to prevent those situations …

April 02, 2008 08:59

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We’ll probably add an option when the player is transfer listed to block transfers to teams in the same league, Philipp.

Cheers!