Form Table

Subscribe to Form Table 6 post(s), 3 voice(s)

January 04, 2008 09:13

29 posts(s)

I’d like to be able to see an alternative view of the league table that shows teams ranked by thier current “form”. You’d do this by only taking into account the most recent six or eight league games.

Columns to display would be very much the same as the normal league table (Games Played, Won, Drawn, Lost, Goals For, Goals Against, Goal Difference, Points) but also include Points Per Game (so if you use the last six games, and a team has won two, drawn two and lost two of those six games the points per game would be 1.33 (8/6) and the difference in position between the form table and the real league table (for example, if my team was dreadful at the start of the season, but then wins six consecutive games, my real league position might be 15th, but my “form” position might be 1st – therefore the difference would be +14).

The UK newspapers sometimes print these sort of form tables.

January 04, 2008 09:14

29 posts(s)

This is an example from the Premier League: Premier League Form Table

Only the columns shown there don’t exactly match the columns I suggest above.

January 04, 2008 10:15

223 posts(s)

yeah it is great, i like it… MS used to have that in a performance chart with rows and columns and all. I think i might mentioned that already to gabriel in the begining of the game…

cheers

January 04, 2008 10:52

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I like this one. Added to our list. I don’t remember if you mentioned that Alexandre, if you did I forgot to take a note. Lots of errors were happening by that time :-)

Cheers.

January 04, 2008 12:55

223 posts(s)

i mentioned the performance chart like there was in managersim, not another division table like they said :)

Hey gabriel one more thing, how about an arrow icon next to each team line in the division table (up, down, or still) to indicate to who’s seeing the division table which team moved up and down after the last game!

you can see an example of what im trying to say here:

http://www.zerozero.pt/show_edicao.php?id_edicao=1582

at your right, there are the mentioned arrows! :)

cheers

January 05, 2008 03:15

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Nice, the arrows were suggested by a friend of mine already, but I need to add it to our list so I don’t forget :-)