Suggestion for home screen

Subscribe to Suggestion for home screen 16 post(s), 5 voice(s)

November 23, 2007 01:25

9 posts(s)

Guys,

Can’t see if it’s been mentionned before, but I think it would be a good idea to have a field on the home screen to show your team’s next match.

Perhaps to show turn number, opposition, venue and competition ?

It shouldn’t be too difficult to program, I wouldn’t have thought.

What does everyone else think ?

Keep up the good work.

Scott

November 23, 2007 04:14

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I think it is a good suggestion. We could display a small table with the last match and the following two matches for instance.

November 23, 2007 16:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Done. Only the turn is missing. Please let me know what you guys think of this new info in the team screen.

Cheers.

November 23, 2007 17:14

124 posts(s)

I like it. And yes, showing the turn would be good.

What about the “recent match”? Does it automatically show the result of last league/cup match? Or should there be a one tick delay on it? We once had a discussion about how quick people wanted to know the result of their last game. Would it be nicer to click the mail to see the result or not?

And if there, in the future, will be the chance to watch the replay, maybe it would be nice to save the excitement there.

But showing the next matches is a very good add on that screen, helps a lot when logging in from school or just in a hurry for some other reason.

Maybe add one more upcoming game and not show the recent match?

Cheers.

November 23, 2007 17:24

130 posts(s)

On one hand i like it, and with the tick next to it my “complaint” about not knowing how many ticks left to next match is worked out. :)
On the other hand, the suspense of clicking the mail box and the news with the match result is gone, everything is there once you log in.

Well, i think i can live with that, its more useful the info than the suspense. :)

November 23, 2007 17:27

124 posts(s)

How about a direct link to match report but home screen would not immediately show the result?

November 23, 2007 17:37

130 posts(s)

I think that would work, Toni.
Or having both methods, allowing the manager to choose which one he prefered best, like an option in his profile.

November 23, 2007 20:43

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

you have a good suggestion there. will add it to our bugzilla.

November 24, 2007 00:53

9 posts(s)

For what it’s worth guys, I spend so much time between English time and French time I never can remember when the ticks are due anyway ;o)

As a result, I tend to know the tick by the receipt of email, as these have the results of matches I always know the results before logging on !

I do like Toni’s suggestion about having a link to the match report in place of the score though.

November 24, 2007 05:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve done a few changes. Added the turn of the match and an option on manager settings screen to tell whether or not the manager wants the results to be displayed. It is defaulted to false, so if anyone wants to see the recent results in the home page just go to the settings screen and mark the new option. When the option is not selected, “? x ?” is displayed instead of the result, and by clicking on it you go to the match report.

Cheers.

November 24, 2007 05:56

124 posts(s)

Great job! Just great!

Thanks a lot! :-)

November 24, 2007 07:00

130 posts(s)

Excellent, thanks! :)

November 25, 2007 02:06

9 posts(s)

Well done, looks good. Just how I imagined it.

November 25, 2007 07:39

124 posts(s)

One little thing:

When looking at team home/history it would be nice to see the turn when managers were fired/hired/resigned. Now you can see the season but not the turn.

Cheers.

November 25, 2007 10:00

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

yep, was already on our plans.

cheers!

November 25, 2007 12:14

124 posts(s)

Thought it was. But decided to write it down anyway as it crossed my mind to make sure. :)