And yet about the stamina

Subscribe to And yet about the stamina 29 post(s), 10 voice(s)

November 18, 2007 05:24

130 posts(s)

What about a hidden attribute to every player that determines how many stamina points he loses per match, and how many stamina he regains after each tick? Something like “natural fitness”… i think that way our squads wouldn’t have such a “robotized” feeling.

Cheers

November 18, 2007 06:20

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hidden or not I guess a “fitness” attribute would improve gameplay Ricardo. Also, we could associate training and long periods without playing matches with that somehow ;-)

November 18, 2007 08:24

123 posts(s)

First, who just play one time a week, cannot loose stamina in normal conditions (i think allways 100% in that situation)
Here, that not happen, and its wrong
So, that 2 or 3 stamina points per game, not fair
The best is that we have coachs, for dont need to play friendlys
Because the stamina issue, here, is very bad
Just a suggestion

November 18, 2007 08:36

123 posts(s)

About cancel friendlys, good
But 2 ticks before, not in the last minute!!!!!!!!!!!

November 18, 2007 10:36

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Stamina: if you play only 1 match per “week” the players stamina will always be the same on the match turn, if you mean it should recover a little then you’re right, it doesn’t happen. I don’t know if people stopped complaining about stamina because they learned how to handle it by rotating squad or if they gave up. If the answer is the second option, please don’t give up, we need your feedback :-)

Friendlies: I’ve changed the logic to allow friendly cancellation until 2 turns before the match.

Cheers.

November 22, 2007 22:47

18 posts(s)

People just stopped complaining because you kept on rejecting all the suggestions and comments made about this issue, you must be honest about it.

There were a lot of complains about it, but you guys decided not to pay attention, maybe now you can understand that it´s impossible to play this game with this stamina system.

It´s not impossible, but either one choose one competition to focus and forget the cup (and next season, international cups), or it´s mandatory to have al least a 30 player squad.

People didn´t find a way to deal with it, people just started to giving up the cup, I tried, went to 1/4 final, and now I stay bottom of the league because I had to give my players a long rest (GK was at 64 Stam and it was just turn 30 something, this is insane) to have them at 80%, I´m not talking about 100%, as that is almost impossible.

So please, either you change things in the way of not loosing so much, or gaining more at the intervals between matches, as it is, it´s unrealistic and unfair, while I had my players fit, I was able to kick out the cup the club that no goes 1st, and it wasn´t luck, I won home and away…

Please fix this…

Thank you

November 23, 2007 04:11

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Alright, I’ll discuss that with Danilo and do something about it right away. Here are my suggestions, if you guys could vote in one of them, or a combination of them it would be very helpful:

1) Reduce the amount of stamina lost in a match from 4 to 3
2) Increase the amount of stamina recovered per free turn from 2 to 3
3) Make the amount of stamina lost in a match dynamic, so players who runned more during the match will lose more (would require a few tests to check how much a player would lose in the average)
4) Give stamina boost in the middle of the season (turn 72) and in the end (turn 144). Something like 10 in the middle and 20 in the end.
5) Any other suggestion

In the future, age and fitness will affect the stamina loss and recovery but I think we need to agree on a solution for the current situation before starting designing that.

Cheers.

November 23, 2007 04:45

39 posts(s)

Donator

With all due respect, in fast tick I just won the cup in england(man u) and currently sitting 4th in league with 22 players and the lowest stamina at the moment is 85. Maybe my squad is better than some other teams, but squad rotation is a must.
Regarding changing stamina settings – I don’t think they need to be changed much. Maybe increase stamina recovered from 2 to 3 per free turn and see how it goes. I don’t agree with stamina boost in the middle of season.
Does team tactics have any influence on stamina lost?

November 23, 2007 04:46

124 posts(s)

I´d vote for 1.

Of course needs a better look when we have substitutions and some players play only a small amount of minutes etc.

November 23, 2007 05:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

No footyman, tactics don’t influence stamina for now. I have a friend that usually goes well on both cups and leagues like you footyman, that’s why I thought people found a way to deal with stamina using squad rotatin like you said. But again, if it is a problem for most users as it seems to be we can change something to see what happens :-)

So, 1 vote for option 2 and 1 vote for option 1.

November 23, 2007 06:16

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

stamina penalty for games is already applied according to the time your players have acted on the match.

November 23, 2007 06:22

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

that could be a good opportunity for us to implement training. will discuss with Gabriel, but an initial idea would be to implement the player form and the possibility to train and improve that. the form, age and time spent on matches would determine the stamina variation.

November 23, 2007 07:27

58 posts(s)

The way the game is right now we are forced to use squad rotating system even if we’re playing in just one competition. And that’s very far from reality. Even my goalkeeper is totally fatigued!

I have never monitored the amount of stamina my players are losing after matches, but I can say they are not recovering as the rates you said before. And in Fast ticker we’ve got Cruzeiro in the first position playing two competitions at the same time and his whole squad has stamina between 98-100 (before turn 55). That’s very strange, I’ll start monitoring Cruzeiro right now. How come my team playing just one competition and with suspension problems (yellow and red cards) have stamina about 70’s? My GK has 68 right now!

Bellow you will see Atlético-PR and Cruzeiro’s fixture and players list.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/lobba80/FastTicker-Turn55-Atletico-fixture1.png

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/lobba80/FastTicker-Turn55-Atletico-squad1.png

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/lobba80/FastTicker-Turn55-Cruzeiro-fixtures.png

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c171/lobba80/FastTicker-Turn55-Cruzeiro-squad1.png

Deep modifications should be done in stamina system as it does not correspond with what we see in real life. If I would vote in the poll I’d say 1+2+3 for a better stamina system.

November 23, 2007 09:56

55 posts(s)

Donator

I think the difference in stamina between Cruzeiro and Atletico is based on 2 things:
1st – Cruzeiro played 4 friendlies before the start of the season. Atletico played 13. So at the begining of regular season Cruzeiro should be with 100 in stamina for everyone.
2nd – Atletico played more than 5 official matches with only 11 players. Cruzeiro with 23 different players. So Cruzeiro rotates players.

I did like cruzeiro with Goias. I played till the end of the cup (lost to Cruzeiro in penalty shoutout ~ ). I already used 26 different players till now and played 7 friendlies rotating players. Only have 2 players below 90 in stamina.

November 23, 2007 10:22

53 posts(s)

Samir, one of the developers (see general – stamina topic) already reconized that Cruzeiros has a bug in the stamina recovery, just like a fill others teams including his own (unhappyly that didn’t happens to my team).

November 23, 2007 10:39

1,003 posts(s)

Administator

But í have explained what really happened. please refer back to the topic.

cheers

November 23, 2007 12:43

58 posts(s)

Ok Samir, your point about the “pre-season” is right. I will watch closely on my stamina in next turns to be sure of it.
But don´t you agree that stamina system as it is right now is a bad thing to the game as the players recover too slow from match to match?

November 23, 2007 13:40

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Looks like some people like the system the way it is and some people don’t. Not too many votes, so if I had to do something I’d go for option 2, increase the amount of stamina recovered per free turn from 2 to 3. Let’s wait for a litle more discussion here :-)

November 23, 2007 17:20

130 posts(s)

I think that recovering 3 instead of 2 would be better than it is now, at least more realistic. Getting to the next match with the exact same amount of stamina that he had in the previous one is something like this: You have a player that only plays league matches. Between fixture 1 and 2 he played a friendly match, causing his stamina to fall to 96. He stays that way (having 96 on the match day) until the end of the season, which means that by fixture 38 he will still be suffering fatigue from a match he played almost 1 year ago. ;)

November 24, 2007 03:51

18 posts(s)

Ricardo is absolutely right, just the math on it…

Recovering 3 its the ideal…

November 24, 2007 05:48

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Done. Players recover 3 stamina points per free turn.

November 24, 2007 06:00

53 posts(s)

Congratulations Gabriel! I think your in the right way to improve the system and let it more realist! 3 stamina point recovered is the ideal!
Regards

November 24, 2007 07:01

130 posts(s)

Thanks Gabriel, lets see how it works. :)

November 26, 2007 08:31

124 posts(s)

Concerning the poll… I didn´t vote yet…

I think the best way to adjust this would be to reduce the stamina lost per game by one point.

Recovering 2 extra points (compared to what we´ve used to) per week makes it a bit too easy. Danilo was right about losing a bit of the challenge. But I do agree it was a bit difficult to keep the stamina up when you recovered the same amount per that you lost per game(when also playing cup matches). I managed to do that quite well in Beta1, but this time didn´t pay 100% attention in the beginning and was in a little trouble.

So one point less lost per game and recovery rate back to where it was.

Cheers.

November 26, 2007 09:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I agree with you Toni, that would be a good intermediate solution for now. Looks like the poll is balanced enough for us to adopt this third option. Let’s wait until the end of the day, I may do something tonight or tomorrow night.

Cheers.

November 27, 2007 17:13

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Your suggestion is done Toni.

November 27, 2007 22:03

124 posts(s)

Nice! :)

Thanks!

November 28, 2007 04:15

130 posts(s)

So, stamina has changed?
If i followed it correctly, instead of 4(L)ost -3(G)ained we now have 3L-2G?
Souds better, to be honest 4L-3G made it a bit too easy. :)

November 28, 2007 06:45

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

That’s correct Ricardo.

Cheers.