Coaches vs Scouts

Subscribe to Coaches vs Scouts 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

January 22, 2021 07:16

227 posts(s)

Hi,

my coaches are terrible. The can tell me only 1 potential attribute – the player’s main skill.

Scouts are able to provide a list of players who are potentially able to gain attribute ratings across 8 skills.

Since the coaches see the players every day at training and in matches, their reporting skills should be awesomely superior.

Can we find a solution to make coaching reports better than scouting?

• And have some kind of warning that a player has not developed enough in the season, that the player is risking not being able to meet their maximum skill point advised by the coach?

January 22, 2021 13:48

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I like those suggestions and I agree that currently information is very limited. I have added an item to our backlog to work on that. It would be relatively simple to begin with a change in the format of the information given, something like:

• this player should improve on average 4-5 points in each skill
    or
  • this player should improve between 25 and 35 points across all skills

I know it is still not a detailed breakdown like the scout report, but I can tell you that scout reports are also based on expected average improvement so you are still getting the same information.

January 22, 2021 23:36

227 posts(s)

I am just keen for more information from his coaches who know the player the best – much better than some scout sitting in the crowd at a stadium…