Scouting My Players

Subscribe to Scouting My Players 6 post(s), 3 voice(s)

December 04, 2018 11:25

228 posts(s)

Why do i know less about my players potential stats than i do players i can scout on other teams?

I only see my players main position potential stat, whereas i could set my scouts to search for players across multiple potential stats.

Also, why cant i send a scout to look at a particular player, rather than just let them go randomly?

Can i get more scout search options? Search for good only, search for not having particular negative traits, search for players in particular country ranking levels?

Regards,

December 04, 2018 11:37

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You’re not the first to say that coaches give you less info than scouting…maybe coaches should actually give you a view of improvement for each skill? Or maybe total number of improvement points expected across all skills?

Scouting specific players used to be an option in the past and we can definitely bring it back following the same model of other scout reports: you request it and wait for completion. More scout search options should not be a problem either, they haven’t caught up with later additions such as player traits.

December 05, 2018 15:29

228 posts(s)

Hi,

if I employ scouts, would be great to use them to give me accurate information, lest what is the point of having them?

Adding the ability to provide more information for managers is a good thing. Yes, it adds to the workload of being a manager, but I prefer to have the opportunity to be information rich.

If I get a youth player who looks like someone to retain in the squad, I currently have no idea about his secondary stats potential. Seems weird, as I can use a scout to tell me about secondary stats.

But being able to direct my scouts to look at a certain player, team, league, country, rank of country, etc seems fair. All I hear in this game is ‘its what happens in real life’ when I complain about getting stupid, unnecessary negative traits on players, so making the managers ability to focus scouts like real life seems reasonable.

December 05, 2018 19:37

639 posts(s)

Donator

I assume that if the player has 75 shooting and 70 speed and coaching give him 85-95 shooting, speed will become about 80-90. In other words, I assume that there is not much difference in gains for the different stats. Haven’t checked how accurate that is though…

December 06, 2018 00:18

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Dimitri is correct in terms of averages, but there is no guarantee on the final result, even from scout results. I’m keen to take a look at what can be done to the way players improve and the use of coach/scouts, but it’s definitely going to take some time.

December 06, 2018 04:54

228 posts(s)

Yep, I have assumed what Dimitri said. However, letting me send a scout to go check out a dude, on my team or any team, would be a great start.