Make high wage B players difficult to sell

Subscribe to Make high wage B players difficult to sell 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

May 20, 2018 09:01

296 posts(s)

Hi, after all the free transfers lately I notice teams are just giving average C/B class players 200k a week to get them into their clubs. If the player isn’t deemed good enough he can be sold on for 20+ million to computer teams. This needs addressed so everyone can give a fair wage they believe to appropriate.

No club should want to buy a B player with 200k a week wages.

May 20, 2018 12:39

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Yep, I have done the same in the past and I agree it is not good for the game. I mean, financially it is kind of ok but the behaviour itself is not exactly how we intend the player market to work. Wage disputes and a better control of the amount of money in the hands of managed teams are two topics that I’ve been thinking a lot about lately.

With regards to wage disputes in player negotiations, currently the base factor for the player decision is how much you are offering compared to how much he would like to receive. From there we apply all the other factors, such as the player negotiation priority bonus, star player bonus, etc. So for example, if the player wants 30k and your offer is 45k, you start with a 1.5 “strength” to your offer. One of the crazy ideas I had was to change the base factor to be the amount you offered compared to the maximum your board allows you to offer. For example, if you offered 50k and your board allowed 100k, your “strength” is 0.5, whereas if another club offers 30k and the board only allowed 45k it already starts at 0.75, ahead of you! Of course, this is assuming 30k is acceptable for the player. I know, very controversial but it takes into the account the “sacrifice” a smaller team could be making to have the player, and also a bigger team would usually have more bonuses on top of the base strength, so even in the example of 0.5 × 0.75 after all the bonuses the first offer could still prevail.

Regarding controlling the amount of money in the game (with managed teams) we have some very interesting ideas where CPU teams could start selling decent players for large sums if there are too many clubs with a lot of money (meaning they have nowhere to spend) or they could start looking at buying players from less rich managed teams first (if they can find suitable options, of course). This is just the tip of the iceberg on these ideas because I don’t want to say too much on how this would work.

All this is going to take some time, I’m taking some time off very soon and won’t be doing any changes to the game for a few weeks :-)