Retired Stars - Club Team of the Season

Subscribe to Retired Stars - Club Team of the Season 5 post(s), 3 voice(s)

March 14, 2018 11:58

228 posts(s)

I’ve had numerous youth players come along, promoted into the main squad, who became stars. Upon retirement they leave our lives.

I see their names, and I get a good feeling for the contributions they have made, the games they have won for me. I’ve been thinking about how to honour our retired stars, how us as managers can get to remember them.

Years ago it was mentioned that a Club Hall of Fame type feature was possible to get. However, I think there may be a nicer option: You already have created the Team of the of the Round and Season for the League.

Is it possible for you to create a Team of the Season for our team? We can look back at previous seasons and see the historical names, the Legends of our club!

Players are eligible for the Team of the Season if they meet the requirement of playing at least a minimum number of matches, say about 30 League\Cup matches.

This could also be implemented for the National teams. So we can Honour our National Heroes representing us in the National Cup games for the season.

I’d love to go back and see the team who played the best for me over the season. Did I play someone too few games? Did I transfer someone like an idiot? Did I correctly play the best player in as many League and Cup matches as possible?

March 15, 2018 11:04

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

This is a really nice idea! We have plenty of statistics yet to be recorded for teams, leagues and players, this is definitely one of them. I still like the idea of having some stats for the “top” players retained somewhere upon retirement, we just need to be careful on the criteria to make sure we don’t store too many!

March 21, 2018 05:56

228 posts(s)

Would be way cool if you have some of the old statistics, and can use them for a hall fame :-)

March 21, 2018 10:56

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Unfortunately we don’t have that for players, when they’re gone…they’re gone! We need to start saving some key info when a particularly good player retires in order to build their hall of fame.

March 29, 2018 12:11

157 posts(s)

I keep my personal records for players. Totally in favor for any suggestions on hall of fames!