Scouting Specific Players

Subscribe to Scouting Specific Players 5 post(s), 4 voice(s)

February 24, 2018 14:36

57 posts(s)

While I love sending scouts out to find players with specific numerical attributes, I should be able to send a scout to scout out a specific player by name. This obviously happens regularly in the real world. You could make it that scouting specific players is more dependent on when that player actually plays in a match. So, the higher the scouting investment then the fewer matches it would take for a scout to return with a report.

Would significantly reduce managers just guessing on players they found by looking into the transfer market and ending up with a complete dud. Would also encourage/reward managers to find players and spend time in the transfer lists rather than just sending out scouts and letting the game basically play itself.

February 24, 2018 18:10

65 posts(s)

Being able to scout for a specific nationality would be good too!

February 25, 2018 10:21

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I agree we need some improvements for the scouting functionality without going back to the easy way we had before (where a specific player report was provided immediately). I like both suggestions above and believe they will add value to the scouting investment. Once we do this we need to come up with a smart way to balance that with the existing scouting logic, so that it would slow down in case you’re scouting specific players or only allow one or the other to be active, not sure.

March 08, 2018 03:48

228 posts(s)

Is it possible to scout for players who play multiple positions?

March 08, 2018 07:38

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We have an item in our backlog to improve scout searching, I’ve just added this option to it.