Player expectation changes during career

Subscribe to Player expectation changes during career 4 post(s), 2 voice(s)

January 18, 2018 06:43

637 posts(s)

Couldn’t it be possible that a player expectation changes during their career.

I did a bit on Franz Beckenbauer (CRB) and he refused because he thinks there are too many players from his Country (Spain) in my team. Could be possible since Malaga is in Spain. :-)
It’s good to see great players point to other countries than their home country.
But maybe they can change this expectation in the last years of their carreer. They want to come back to their home country or …

January 19, 2018 12:28

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We need to evaluate it carefully and see the effects in the game. It would mean priorities would have to make sense to the players’ age, and nowadays of course age is not taken into account. When would it make sense to prefer a smaller or larger squad? Ok, maybe never in real life, but in the game context it adds something different to the mix.

January 19, 2018 14:27

637 posts(s)

You need to evaluate the effects for sure.
I mean at the moment it is harsh to see a topplayer on the transferlist (for a long time) but he doesn’t want to sign.
Maybe a significant salary increase could be a possibility to persuade such a player. Significant would be +75% till + 100% of the normal salary he would ask.

An other possibility is a new profile.
I’m thinking about Paulinho of Barça. He played for Tottenham, then went to China and comes back to play for a top club like Barça.
Or the Belgian Witsel who had a bright future to become a real top class player in Europe but he chose for the money, first in Russia and later in China. Result: he only became a good player and no real top class player.

So you could create a profile like:
- doesn’t want to play for squad with too many players of his home country, except if it’s a top class team
- doesn’t want to play for squad with too many players of his home country, except if it’s a lower class team
- wants to play abroad, except for a top class team in his home country
- wants to play abroad, except for a lower class team in his home country
- wants to play in his home country, except for a top class team abroad
- wants to play in his home country, except for a lower class team abroad

January 20, 2018 12:38

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I like the options, we definitely need to introduce team/league class in players’ priorities!