Home v Away

Subscribe to Home v Away 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

January 06, 2017 03:23

96 posts(s)

The game seems to have evolved into home results being fairly predictable, with the odd unexpected result. While away matches even against what should be fairly easy opposition can prove to be more difficult than they should be.

In the fast ticker I played at home v Reading who at that point had not lost a game (and have won the title for many years in a row – FAST TICKER). I win 1-0 which was a bit of a surprise, but not a crazy result. I then play Swansea away a CPU team next game with the exact same team and lose 5-0. This result is not an impossibility, nothing is in football, it just seems a little – random – possibly not the right word, but possibly strange, unexpected, or a word to that effect.

Is it just me that has this opinion?

January 06, 2017 11:07

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

You’re definitely not the first one to point out that playing at home seems to be giving a big advantage. I think it’s related to how the home advantage calculation changed in the last year or so.

Before the introduction of the pressure handling trait to the players it was the stadium level that determined the penalty applied to the visitor team and that penalty ranged from 0 to 3. It is also important to point out that only stadium level 10 caused the older players to be penalised, otherwise they played same as home. That last part probably played an important role as just a small number teams had stadium at level 10, definitely most CPU teams (if not all) didn’t have stadium at that level.

With the introduction of pressure handling, all existing players were assigned a value of Poor to this trait, meaning they all get the 3 points penalty in all skills when playing as visitors. As new players were generated some of them got the reasonable (-2) and good (-1) values for pressure handling so I’m expecting that, as these players improve and become first team ready, we’ll soon have a mix of penalties applied when playing as a visitor, improving the balance when compared to everyone getting -3. Of course when I say soon it will be sooner in FastTicker than in MediumTicker.

Does it make sense? Hopefully my analysis is correct, otherwise we can tackle this issue some other way if necessary.