Buying players from non-human controlled clubs - re-introduce "big club clause"

Subscribe to Buying players from non-human controlled clubs - re-introduce "big club clause" 5 post(s), 4 voice(s)

October 19, 2016 08:01

102 posts(s)

Hi guys,

I’m quite sure this topic has been brought up earlier, but i feel that perhaps it deserves a new go. It’s too difficult to buy players from AI controlled clubs, and since most clubs are without a manager it cripples the transfermarket imo. Perhaps a feature like “big club cause” or something similar could be re-introduced? What do you think?

Kind regards
Alexander

October 21, 2016 12:39

157 posts(s)

There is something similar already – the “critical” morale.

Any bid for a player negatively impacts the player morale. Depending on the player’s current morale status and the strength of your bid (the country you play in, how strong your team is, etc…like a big club clause) the player’s morale might become critical and he’ll be transfer listed (for 2-3x his estimated value)

October 22, 2016 12:50

102 posts(s)

Not working well enough imo. It’s too difficult to make the players morale “critical” and get the player transfer listed this way. Lots of great players in lower ranked nations or playing in secondary divisions but it seems impossible to get them transfer listed.

The transfer market seems very slow, and I can easily understand why – why sell if there’s nothing of quality to buy? Almost no point in using the scouts since the reports seems to be more or less random, same story with the coaching reports. No point in manually searching the league system since there is zero chance of being able to buy the players anyway.

October 24, 2016 06:55

296 posts(s)

I don’t think we want players to become too easy to buy but it can be difficult to get a morale to bad.

October 25, 2016 11:51

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve also noticed it is maybe too hard to make players get transfer listed by CPU teams. We need to find the right balance so it doesn’t become too easy! Something like big club clause in the player contract that would make him accept a lower wage in exchange of being automatically listed if a “big” club is after him could help with this.

Regarding randomness in the reports I think the scout ones have improved a bit, but I still need to address the issues in the coach report.