Scout vs Coach Reports

Subscribe to Scout vs Coach Reports 16 post(s), 6 voice(s)

August 19, 2016 07:03

227 posts(s)

Hi,

I had some Scout reports provide me with players with good projected stats. I bought them and ran Coach reports.

The Evolution Stage Coach reports then showed significantly less projected stats. Am I doing something wrong? Are my scouts useless? Can I buy better scouts?

Regards,

August 19, 2016 10:30

38 posts(s)

There is a note in scouting window:

“For Potential Skill type of scout searches there is no guarantee the player will reach or exceed the estimated potential. The likelihood increase if the player is older or if the current value for the skill is close to the value searched, but 100% accuracy is never guaranteed.”

In RubySoccer you can’t buy “new” or “better” scouts :(

August 23, 2016 00:13

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

In addition to that I believe there is a slight exaggeration overall for the scout results in some occasions. I need to investigate further and fix that. Not to say that coach reports will be 100% accurate, but it happened multiple times to me that the coach report was much lower than the scout report, which led me to do some sanity checks and find this issue.

September 29, 2016 13:48

227 posts(s)

Hi,
I wish to revisit this discussion. Scouting and Coach reports are not worth a thing.

I had a youth player, Wes Burt, Coach Reports consistently told me he was a 90 skill player. I played him in English Premier League matches, plus a FA Cup match. I have Coaches rated at 10.

My last Coach Report said he was now a potential 83 main skill player. WTH man. I sold him. The NPC team that bought him, was from Russia. There are no 90 skill players going to play in Russia, ranked 16th in the dimension. There were no English NPC teams bidding for him, he is obviously rubbish, which matches up with this new coaches report.

What a waste of time trying to develop him. He was in 8 high level games this season, I played him in 18 last season. What was the damn point?

If I cant get a decent indicator about players potential from Scout Reports, and my Coach Reports are useless, why bother having these ‘features’ in the game? Take them out, they are just misleading and a waste of time.

Obviously developing youth players is 0% possible now. All of the youth I had identified in Coach Reports turned out to be rubbish. This Wes Burt was my best ever hope to develop anyone from my youth squat, he turned out to be rubbish. There is no point to this.

Regards,

September 30, 2016 00:05

37 posts(s)

I agree with you. Nobody will wait for a youth player with full skills close to retirement. The young player stuff needs a work-around.

October 01, 2016 06:01

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I agree with you guys on this, I already have a task on my list to improve coach reporting accuracy even when the players are younger so that such huge differences between two reports happen less frequently. In terms of player evolution I think I should point out that the maximum skill values a player will achieve is not set in stone at any point in the player career up to the point he actually achieves such values, so no matter what I do it will be impossible to guarantee 100% coach report accuracy, and that’s a good thing of course. The report estimate is based on how many times a player will improve (a number that is pre-determined and possible to evaluate at ANY point in the player career), using that to determine an average number of points he is likely to improve in the main skill, and finally adding an inaccuracy factor, which is exactly what I need to reduce.

I hope I’m making sense…lol.

Thanks for the feedback!

October 02, 2016 14:05

37 posts(s)

Are there young players, let’s say with an age of 19 or 20, that are already in national squads? That happens in reality …

October 02, 2016 21:49

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

You’re right and I don’t think we have any in the current model. I think I should add a few more profiles to cater for such superstar players. Maybe influenced by a new youth academy investment area?

October 05, 2016 02:01

37 posts(s)

Blza.

October 05, 2016 15:21

157 posts(s)

My experience with scouts/coaches has been very different in Medium and in Fast tickers. In Fast they work great, in Medium they are completely unreliable. Not sure why that is happening…

October 09, 2016 01:02

227 posts(s)

I am trying to solve a problem. I wish to build up a team with veterans and youth.

The method we have to determine what are good youth players are scouting, and then once they are in our team, coaching.

Scouting identifies players. We buy them. Coaching identifies that they are useless.

Alternatively, my youth squad get a great coach report. Then I promote them into my main team, the next coach report identifies that they are useless.

Not much point.

October 10, 2016 11:25

639 posts(s)

Donator

If that happens to you all the time, then you’re either extremely unlucky, or doing something wrong.

October 10, 2016 14:14

157 posts(s)

Again, that has been happening to me most of the time in Medium. In Fast, however, the scouts/coaches seem much more trustworthy. As Leigh only plays in Medium, I do believe him!

October 11, 2016 00:20

37 posts(s)

I do not have any scouts, because I do not rely on the randomness involved in these kind of stuff. You are combining the randomness of scout reports with the randomness in the coach reports.
==> no correlation
==> forget all this stuff
==> we need a new model

I have reviewed several national team squads: Looks like football master to me. 70% of the players are 30+ … We are copying real football?

DrG

October 11, 2016 08:10

227 posts(s)

Yep. My new recruit, potential superstar had his first coaches rating at 91-95.

I played him in 10 English Premier League games. New coaches rating is 81 – 86.

This is where i start swearing.

October 11, 2016 10:05

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

I’ve been away from the forums in the last few days, too busy with real life! I hear your concerns about coach and scout reports, I have a task to address this and make them more consistent and a bit more reliable. I have no idea why they behave any different in MediumTicker than in FastTicker, that shouldn’t be the case at all.

With regards to player evolution model and the fact that national squads have only old players I agree this is not realistic. I’ll try to bring forwards the ideas I had with the youth academy to add more variety to player profiles, including allowing younger superstars.