New model for investment areas

Subscribe to New model for investment areas 3 post(s), 2 voice(s)

July 28, 2016 11:46

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Hello fellow managers! Along with the newspaper changes I’ve also been planning the new model for investment areas, where money will be used instead of points to upgrade and maintain them. I decided to post some draft rules here to gather some feedback before starting the actual work:

-Each investment area will have a level between 0 and 10 (no change here)
-No area can have a level greater than the stadium level (e.g.: if you have stadium and coaching at level 7 you can’t go to level 8 with coaching without upgading the stadium to level 8 first)
-In order to upgrade an area the club has to spend money (e.g.: $2M to upgrade coaching from 4 to 5)
-In order to maintain an area at a certain level the club will have to pay an upkeep value every financial period (3 turns), for example $200k to maintain coaching at level 5.
-You will be able to temporarily downgrade an area by 1 level and increase that level later on without paying the upgrade cost again (e.g.: reduce coaching from 8 to 7 to save some money and then a few turns later increase it back)
-If an area is temporarily downgraded for too long the downgrade becomes permanent and any further upgrades will cost money as usual (e.g. you reduce coaching from 5 to 4 temporarily and then has 36 turns to move it back to 5 for free)
-You can only choose to downgrade an area if the club is in a bad or critical financial situation (or using the rule above)
-Instead of points, clubs will earn money prizes based on the final position in each competition (exact value yet to be defined and discussed), this should help with the new expenses related to the investment areas

Questions? Suggestions? Concerns?

July 28, 2016 17:55

38 posts(s)

Sounds logical and good for me. Time to put this all things in the game ;)

One question to be sure; “New investments” will be avaliable whole season or only at the beginning, just right now?

July 28, 2016 22:34

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

When we transition from points to money you will be able to do upgrades (and downgrades when applicable) during the whole season.