New Skills

Subscribe to New Skills 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

November 23, 2015 18:52

157 posts(s)

Lots of new suggestions today…

How about we add a new skill for GKs and line players related to Free Kicks?

GKs: Penalty Saving – there are OK players in real life with superb penalty saving skills (Goycochea, Tim Krul…). Based on Ecuador’s recent performance on Fast Tick (check it out, they win every penalty shootout), their GK is an expert

Line Players (and GKs?): Free Kicks – Skill on corners, fouls and penalties.

These changes would make it possible for:

(i) Lining up penalty shooters, while nowadays it is a coin flip
(ii) Substituting GK for a penalty expert one in the last minute, like Holland in the WC
(iii) Having defenders who are key attacking assets such as Koeman, Arce and Mihajlovic, and
(iv) Having free kick experts GKs, like Rogerio Ceni and Chilavert —> that would be a lot of fun!!!

November 24, 2015 01:16

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We use existing skills to determine free kick, corner kick and penalty kick expertise and GKs use the keeping and speed as usual. Penalty kicks line up always go from best shooter to worst. That said, I agree that a player that has good shooting skills during a match is not necessarily a good penalty kick taker and vice-versa and the same applies to GKs defending penalty kicks and free kicks, so we could discuss the introduction of some new skills for that purpose.

Lots of good suggestions indeed! I hope you guys keep them coming, human interaction is what makes this game fun.