A question about player stars

Subscribe to A question about player stars 2 post(s), 2 voice(s)

September 15, 2015 22:01

96 posts(s)

How quickly can a player expect another star?

I have a player called Tony Sheekey (http://rubysoccer.com/game/player_info/605635) who is a fairly young midfielder. At the start of the season he was given a silver star. He’s played 31 Premiership games scored 10 goals from midfield and been awarded man of the match 5 times with an average rating of 7.73. To me this is what I would expect to be star material.

Can players gain stars mid season, or is it all calculated and awarded at the end of the season? If it is calculated at the end of the season have you thought about making it so a player could gain a star at any point, to reduce the predictability of stars?

September 16, 2015 07:14

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

It is calculated at the end of the season so all players have done all they could to enter our star calculations. We could potentially do a mid-season adjustment to give/take stars based on what’s happened since the previous awards but that could complicate things. In the current system you may rise from none to gold star, but when losing stars you lose only one at most. I’m guessing if we move to a more dynamic star calculation that can happen more than once per season we need to also consider changing the system so that you only gain one star level a time as well.