Player types

Subscribe to Player types 7 post(s), 3 voice(s)

September 13, 2015 08:03

639 posts(s)

Donator

Ever thought about having players with a characteristic that deviate from the normal rules? Examples:

• Veteran: Needs more rest (uses 6% stamina per game instead of 3%)
  • Supersub: Gets a bonus (+3) when playing only the last 10 minutes
  • Arjen Robben: Your best player, but injured half of the time
  • Tim Krul: Keeper with double chance of saving a penalty

Obviously I’m inspired by non-football games with this idea, but I think it can be nice!

September 13, 2015 13:43

296 posts(s)

Flat track bully – very good player that mostly scores against weaker teams

September 14, 2015 06:03

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We have introduced different player profiles with the changes done to the contract negotiations and we’ll do something similar with morale (which I’m currently working on) and skills evolution…in some sense these are related to what you’re suggesting but I understand it is not the same. I like the idea of players having some peculiar characteristics and the first ones I thought about were related to preferences with regards to where they prefer to play or what is the main driver when moving to another team (preference to play abroad or home country? prefer big salary or a team with better reputation?).

I’ll add a task to our list with a link to this topic, so please by all means keep the suggestions coming :-)

September 14, 2015 09:23

639 posts(s)

Donator

Yeah, my idea is more like having clerics, wizards etc in other games, with bonusses and disadvantages.
Flat track bully is a nice idea, the opposite (+ in important games/against strong teams, – against weaker teams) is also common in real life I think.
Card collector – +200% red/yellow cards (related to agression, but can also be for argueing with the ref)

Those advantages and disadvantages should be public information btw (otherwise it’s just less fun).

September 19, 2015 08:08

639 posts(s)

Donator

Dennis Bergkamp – Won’t play away international games (fear of flying)
Homesick – Won’t play any away games

September 20, 2015 01:29

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

Hahaha, some of these are too harsh! Imagine if I have a player that I can only use in half of my games because he won’t play away :-D

September 20, 2015 20:35

639 posts(s)

Donator

Is it? In some seasons I have worked with totally different formations (no overlap) for home and away games…