Injuries and Contract Negotiations

Subscribe to Injuries and Contract Negotiations 23 post(s), 6 voice(s)

August 29, 2015 08:52

639 posts(s)

Donator

There are very few injuries in this game. To please people, that is good, because no one likes to have injured players. But what’s the use of physiotherapy then? Very little.

Wouldn’t having more injuries make the game more challenging? And realistic?

August 29, 2015 09:39

296 posts(s)

Agreed, injuries are rarely seen and when they are the player has recovered in two turns.

August 29, 2015 16:55

96 posts(s)

By the same token, should there not be such a punishment on playing young players, it seems to me that you have to buy old ageing players to do well whereas in real life this isn’t the case at all.

August 29, 2015 22:21

639 posts(s)

Donator

Yeah, it seems logical that the chance to get injured should (also) depend on age. I don’t know if this is already the case?

August 31, 2015 05:19

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

@Dimitri/Joseppi: Completely agree there are too few injuries. We had a plan to add “training” injuries and then evaluate the impact, but clearly that has never made it to the game. Last season I even set my physio to 0, which should never be the case for a top quality team. And age already have an effect on the likelihood of getting injured.

@Sniff: I also agree with this and we have a major re-design of the player evolution model planned that will, among other things, address this. At the moment the players evolve in a predictable and linear way most of the time, this is one of the things we aim to change. This is not next in line yet as we have player morale (yes, it’s true this time) and enhanced contract negotiations to develop first, but definitely a very good candidate for third in line as far as major features go.

September 01, 2015 12:21

96 posts(s)

With regard to contract negotiations, will it be feasible for players to not want to stay at a club? At present I don’t think a player ever asks to leave a club, with the introduction of morale and bigger squad sizes will this make certain players want to move on to other clubs rather than just stay at one club util the manager doesn’t want them? If this feature were implemented it might also spice the transfer market up a little.

September 02, 2015 11:19

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, even before morale is implemented the new contract negotiation model may cause players to not want to renew contracts if your initial offer is not good enough or if you extend the negotiation for too long (too many counter proposals). After morale is implemented they may want to leave the club (not renew) if they are too low on morale. It will become even more exciting when we allow transfer proposals to non-listed players, but that’s not coming just yet.

September 02, 2015 16:39

96 posts(s)

Just to clarify, are you saying that players might want to leave if you offer them a joke of a contract, but as long as you offer a good contract they will stay? Or is it possible for a player just to decide that they have had enough of the club and feel it is time to move on before you even decide to offer a contract?

September 03, 2015 00:21

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Ah, very interesting question. The players won’t proactively want to leave just yet, the scenarios to be included soon will be:
1) Your contract offer was too low and considered unacceptable, he won’t renew the contract
2) You rejected his counter offers too many times and haven’t reached an agreement, he won’t renew the contract
3) You let his morale reach a critical level, he won’t renew the contract when the time comes (regardless of what you do)

September 03, 2015 20:12

96 posts(s)

Thanks for your answer and the clarification.

September 04, 2015 09:15

639 posts(s)

Donator

My negotiation strategy (quite succesful in keeping low wages) was to offer very low wages and reject the offer of the player many times. I guess I have to change that :P

September 04, 2015 12:28

157 posts(s)

How long do players hold a grudge? What if I try to renegotiate the contract way before the renewal date…will the player ever forgive me?

Apparently some starred players are asking for significantly higher wages than they currently earn. Big risk here!

My fear is losing starred players just because I don’t know what is the base offer for such a player!

September 04, 2015 20:59

296 posts(s)

This will make everything better! Some big players may have to be transfer listed!

September 05, 2015 01:24

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Changed the topic subject to encompass contract negotiations as well.

@Dimitri: I’m guessing almost everyone did that (myself included), we’ll have to change our approach now
@Fabio: long enough so that if you are trying to renew a contract and he gets pissed off you won’t be able to renew before he forgets about it. You are right about star players, it is a big risk indeed!
@Joseppi: I certainly hope so!

September 05, 2015 09:55

637 posts(s)

Does a player also take the number of turns between his rejection and the counter proposal in counter? I mean if you are on vacation and you only give him a counter offer after 10 turns will it affect his morale to sign a new contract.

September 05, 2015 11:26

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

No, that has no impact at all.

September 06, 2015 10:12

637 posts(s)

Ok. Thx!

Well, first player that doesn’t want to renew his contract. I thought it was a fair offer. :-D He’s transferlisted. :-)
Richard Wright decided not to proceed with contract negotiations. He feels your offer was too far apart from his expectations.

October 30, 2015 12:12

639 posts(s)

Donator

I can notice it has changed, a player had an 11 turn injury. It still doesn’t make physio points important. I wouldn’t mind more injuries, maybe not as much as in real life, but three on average?

October 31, 2015 10:38

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

We are yet to introduce training injuries. I was planning to do it with the other injury changes (increased likelihood during matches and increased average duration) but decided to postpone it to plan it better and have the other changes introduced sooner. I agree it doesn’t make physio important, on season start I thought it would as I was unlucky and had two players injured for a long period, but then it got better as the season progressed. Maybe we can make training injuries more likely if you have a lower level of physio?

November 02, 2015 20:42

96 posts(s)

If you plan to introduce training injuries are there any plans to introduce manual training as well?

November 03, 2015 05:56

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Yes, we plan to allow managers to determine individual training for players, but that’s going to take a while. When we do that, I also wish to keep an option to have the training “automated” for those managers who prefer not to do it by themselves. Of course the automated option will not optimize the training, otherwise there would be no point in manually doing it!

November 14, 2015 20:07

639 posts(s)

Donator

Perhaps send a message when a player gets injured during a match?

November 16, 2015 22:41

4,284 posts(s)

Administator

Makes sense, added to the list.

Thanks!