Nationality

Subscribe to Nationality 6 post(s), 5 voice(s)

July 31, 2015 17:29

639 posts(s)

Donator

As far as I know, nationaly doesn’t play a role in the game (gamewise). It’s no problem if your Ukrainian team only has Brazilian players.
In real life it does play a role: players being homesick, restrictions on the amount of foreign players etc.

I propose to make nationality matter (just a bit) which has a base in real life: make teams more attractive for sponsors depending on the amount of domestic players.

For example, an English team with only English players could get twice the sponsor money compared to one with only non-English players, of 50% more with 50% English and 50% foreign players.
In practice there won’t be that much difference between teams in the amount of foreign/domestic players, so the influence on the game is not that big. But it does add some flavour, I think.

August 01, 2015 10:57

296 posts(s)

Sounds good, although I do find average home based players perform better in the league they are from, not sure if this is in the game engine but my French players always play better than most of the imports.

August 01, 2015 11:52

157 posts(s)

I like the idea of nationality playing a role. Perhaps players playing outside their continent of origin lose 1pt?

August 01, 2015 12:52

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

When we started we had only 6 countries and didn’t want to impose any tough restrictions related to player nationality, but now that we have 26 countries we could definitely use it for something more interesting. Not sure I want to give teams extra income just yet, so Dimitri’s suggestion is not my top priority. Fabio’s suggestion is something straightforward that we can use to start with and them evolve on top of that. I won’t say yes or no to Joseppi’s suspicions, I’ll let you guys think about it :-)

August 03, 2015 11:17

65 posts(s)

How about a team that has say 7 players of the same nationality in the starting 11 gets a small advantage in the match? For example if ur managing an Italian team then if u had 7 or more italian players in ur starting 11 ud get a small advantage in the match. That way it wud encourage the use of the youth system and help international sides.

August 05, 2015 11:42

4,285 posts(s)

Administator

We could have some kind of synergy rating depending on the nationality of selected players and use that to give bonuses/penalties on match performance.